Page 44 of 112 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhungry View Post
    You now have to follow the revenant to the shrines and talk to him to get him to follow you. Seems a cheese fix to slow down zergers
    How would that slow down zergers? You don't even need to interact with the revenant at all to complete the quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It is. ReflectiveOnSpellcast is the channel for "I would like the specified effect to be cast on me, the caster, whenever I cast a spell" and then we can narrow that field from there.
    Please do something like this for heals. If target = undead, then ReflectiveOnSpellcast!

Anyway, it is always interesting to me to read these posts, thanks!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    Please do something like this for heals. If target = undead, then ReflectiveOnSpellcast!

Anyway, it is always interesting to me to read these posts, thanks!
    Not at all how effect channels work, I'm afraid.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

It is. ReflectiveOnSpellcast is the channel for "I would like the specified effect to be cast on me, the caster, whenever I cast a spell" and then we can narrow that field from there.
    Just tested it. Casting an iceball at enemies gives me mana. Casting it at empty air does not.

Further testing showed that Enervation works (despite Chill Touch not working - could it be that Chill Touch isn't registered as a Negative Energy spell?), and that you're right - it doesn't trigger off damage, as that same iceball gave me mana when cast at an ice-immune target.

Edit: Once again, thanks for shedding light on some of the less-confidential inner workings of DDO. Love the tidbits of knowledge gathered.
    Last edited by Xgya; 06-18-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    could it be that Chill Touch isn't registered as a Negative Energy spell?
    Chill Touch is considered: Arcane Necromancy Lvl1SorWiz TargetFoe

Hm. No Negative flag. You may have uncovered something pretty weird.

Taking a look under the hood of Enervation, I'm seeing Action@Action.m_eSpellModifierFlags [ Arcane Negative Necromancy TargetFoe ]

Chill Touch's damage component actually has the damage flag Negative, though, so yeah. The base spell missing the Negative spell modifier flag.

Great catch. I'll fix it internally.

Community Member

I'd still love it if the auras/burst worked, but I've already made my day slightly better helping fix tiny kinks.

Psst. Make sure the Archmage's SLA version also has that flag while you're still at it. Thanks to previous discussions, I can easily guess those abilities are coded separately.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    I'd still love it if the auras/burst worked, but I've already made my day slightly better helping fix tiny kinks.

Psst. Make sure the Archmage's SLA version also has that flag while you're still at it. Thanks to previous discussions, I can easily guess those abilities are coded separately.
    SLAs are actually variants of the base spell You've got great DDO instincts, but in this case, the spell itself is what's getting changed. The variants (in this case, sp_wiz_chilltouch) are subsets of the base spell.

The auras and bursts definitely shouldn't have TargetFoe added to their spell modifier flags. I'll see what I can do to make them work, no promises.

Community Member

Default Reconstruct from Renegade Mastermaker enhancements Tree

Reconstruct from Renegade Mastermaker enhancements Tree doesn't seem to be benefiting from the Quicken Spell Feat since update 42.

I have two Artificers that use it, and since the update the spell is constantly getting interrupted. The spell goes into cool down but spell doesn't cast.

I have Quicken Spell set to always on for Reconstruct. I don't seem to have issues being interrupted casting other repair spells that I have Quickened.

I play primarily Artificers, and I don't recall this being an issue before update 42

Community Member

SLAs are actually variants of the base spell You've got great DDO instincts, but in this case, the spell itself is what's getting changed. The variants (in this case, sp_wiz_chilltouch) are subsets of the base spell.

The auras and bursts definitely shouldn't have TargetFoe added to their spell modifier flags. I'll see what I can do to make them work, no promises.
    My character doesn't have 9th level spells yet, but will Banshee's Wail work with the current setting? I know the spell itself is a buff that grants the aura of death and doom, and the spell, by itself, isn't a valid TargetFoe option, but I also find it a bit disheartening that the highest negative level spell there is doesn't work.

Oh, new findings. Finger of Death triggers it, but Circle of Death does not, despite Circle's ability to deal negative levels, it's not a Negative Energy spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Moeballah View Post
    Reconstruct from Renegade Mastermaker enhancements Tree doesn't seem to be benefiting from the Quicken Spell Feat since update 42.

I have two Artificers that use it, and since the update the spell is constantly getting interrupted. The spell goes into cool down but spell doesn't cast.

I have Quicken Spell set to always on for Reconstruct. I don't seem to have issues being interrupted casting other repair spells that I have Quickened.

I play primarily Artificers, and I don't recall this being an issue before update 42
    Yeah, I seem to be getting interrupted as well.

My artificer is a Dwarf (12 levels of Arti) who uses Reconstruct from the Renegade Mastermaker tree. I, too, have Quicken turned on this spell by default. Yes, he's got the Construct Essence, Improved Construct Essence, and Construct Exemplar feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Hero

Hey Lynnabel: Any chance you can shrink the font size in the d20 so 3-digit to-hit values don't wrap to the next line? This is low-key, but it's one of those UI issues that's bugged me for years.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Community Member

Default Occult Slayer Love

Hey Lynnabel- any chance we could get Occult Slayer’s Vampiric Bond fixed? The tooltip shows it should scale with melee power but it only grants 20 temporary hp regardless of melee power.

Additionally, the spell resistance from the Occult Slayer capstone is weird. I could be wrong but it seems like the spell resistance gets reset to 0 when the character’s CON changes multiple times. Most notably when using Primal Scream, then Barb Rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Bards don't need mandolins. We can pick from wide variety of performs skills. I choose exotic male dancing.

Community Member

Default Esoteric Set

Hey Lynnabel, can we get a confirmation if these are working as intended?

Legendary Order's Garb with 30 Exceptional Spell Power and 15 Exceptional Spell Lore
    Legendary Enigma Core with 20 Exceptional Spell Power and 10 Exceptional Spell Lore

Seems like the docent missed out on the last minute tweaks?

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

On a semi-related note (in that it involves targeting foes lol) I was running DA on my FvS this afternoon, and several times I tried to drop a Mass Frog and got "The [targeted foe] is out of range", which was rather irksome as Frog is centered on *you* not your target. It shouldn't matter if I have nothing targeted, a barrel targeted, a mob right next to me, or a mob three rooms away (I mean, obviously in DA it wasn't three rooms away, but that's not the point lol).
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    On a semi-related note (in that it involves targeting foes lol) I was running DA on my FvS this afternoon, and several times I tried to drop a Mass Frog and got "The [targeted foe] is out of range", which was rather irksome as Frog is centered on *you* not your target. It shouldn't matter if I have nothing targeted, a barrel targeted, a mob right next to me, or a mob three rooms away (I mean, obviously in DA it wasn't three rooms away, but that's not the point lol).
    Many "centered on caster" abilities have the same problem (Cleric healing burst, among others).

So if the sorc SLA's of Fireball and Acid Burst are subclasses of actual Fireball and Acid Burst - why is their targeting so different? Specifically untargeted directionality of the SLA's is wonky. Stand between two mobs, look down, and cast the base spell and it goes direct on reticle. Stand between two mobs and cast the SLA and it flies in a much more upwards/nonconsistent arc.

Very annoying for when someone kills your target but you'd still like the spell to go on reticle - or when you want to cast between some mobs.
    Casual DDOaholic

hey lynnabel..... on the splashscreen for sharn cliff side docks it says "never-endering flow"

Quote Originally Posted by Xvkr View Post
    Hey Lynnabel, can we get a confirmation if these are working as intended?

Legendary Order's Garb with 30 Exceptional Spell Power and 15 Exceptional Spell Lore
    Legendary Enigma Core with 20 Exceptional Spell Power and 10 Exceptional Spell Lore

Seems like the docent missed out on the last minute tweaks?

I was gonna post about this. The docent did not get updated in the last tweak.
    Dorian

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hey Lynn, can you check on the "Out of range" it sucks when I am throwing a tentacles or web and get out of range message when the target is right in front of me or I have nothing targeted and get the message while being beaten on by 30 mobs

Saal

Also, would it be possible to add a raid flag list to the mouse over...that way those of us who forget what raids need to be flagged for can just mouse over the raid name and see what we need to flag for it I know this is a QOL and not really a big deal, just would be useful for us
    Last edited by Saaluta; 06-20-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

For the love of all that is holy (and a few things that aren't), please fix Chamber of Raiyum so that Slayer potions do not tick down during the quest. I've wasted a couple of them.

Also, while looking up this quest on the wiki, it states that there is a bug where if you complete the quest and then complete an optional, you get a PERMANENT -20% ransack XP that you can only remove from your character with at TR. ...for realz? ... If this is still true then pretty please fix this also.
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Page 44 of 112 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast