Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Was there a second bard there?

J1NG

:: edit ::

Ah, is that a PDK you have?
    Last edited by J1NG; 01-28-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Queries added
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Was there a second bard there?

J1NG

:: edit ::

Ah, is that a PDK you have?
    Alone on my guildship. Yes, she's a PDK this life, does that make a difference? Should I screen shot her enhancements?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Alone on my guildship. Yes, she's a PDK this life, does that make a difference? Should I screen shot her enhancements?
    Might be helpful, I'm just wondering if you've got multiple auras and that's triggering the effect. As PDK has an aura in their enhancement tree.

Give me a moment, I happen to have a PDK pure bard, can help track down. But yes, the trees you've used should help replicate and try and find the source of the problem.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Default You know what grinds my gears?

Not sure if this has been addressed and I'm not digging through 30+ pages to find out.

But it really grinds my gears when the bank closes multiple times when trying to organize my stuff.

I don't have a problem with the storage as it is as many do. With my OCD I actually like organizing my stuff.

The problem is the bank closes frequently. I'm sure I don't have as much bank storage as many do but I do have up to five windows at times.

When going from window to window , slowly because you have to, and getting to the fourth window only to have it suddenly close aaaarrrrggggghhhh!!!!!

Gotta re-open and start with the first window...again.

Anyway to address this problem?
    "And now for something completly different"

Systems Designer

The graphic effect and presumably the buff is still going off roughly every six seconds. There are two icons for the song on the buff bar at the top of the screen, I moved them right over her head so I could crop the image down. One is square and one is octagonal.
    Those two icons are two different abilities - one is the T5 Warchanter song that increases damage.

I just did some digging, the problem appeared to be a guild buff conflict with the Aura, but the real problem is that one of the new guild buffs is lying through its teeth about what channel it's on and the old guild buff gets angry about it >:I
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Those two icons are two different abilities - one is the T5 Warchanter song that increases damage.

I just did some digging, the problem appeared to be a guild buff conflict with the Aura, but the real problem is that one of the new guild buffs is lying through its teeth about what channel it's on and the old guild buff gets angry about it >:I
    Excellent, means I don't need to continue testing combinations for causes of issues then. ^^

J1NG

So solved then?
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Systems Designer

So solved then?
    Gimme 10m or so to actually make sure what I did fixed the problem :P

So solved then?
    Able to replicate your issue here, using exactly what Lynnabel has described, so I'm guessing yeah, it's been found. Probably will be fixed for a future patch/update.

J1NG

Systems Designer

So solved then?
    Ok, so, short answer - yes.

Long answer: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Longer answer: having a buff that splits across channels - like the House Phiarlan Entertainer legacy guild buff - can get messy. Really, really messy. We have a lot of control over effect suppression, and can assign higher or lower magnitudes to sort buffs and how they cleanly (or in this case, not so cleanly) suppress, and this entire situation is just a great example of why suppression ordering may not be enough. When you ended up with the legacy and modern guild buff bonuses to skills, and your Song's Morale bonus to skills, DDO ended up in an A > B > C > A situation. Because B and C do not cleanly overlap, every 10 seconds the game had to figure out what the heck was supposed to actually happen. So, in summary, the House Phiarlan legacy guild buff now grants Guild Bonuses to Skills, rather than Morale, because apparently leaving things as Morale bonuses cause DDO to collapse into a black hole.

the real problem is that one of the new guild buffs is lying through its teeth about what channel it's on and the old guild buff gets angry about it >:I
    Staring into the abyss of old code and you will surely see the ghosts. Its always interesting when you come after another developer and they strong armed something in instead of using some finesse to make it easier later.

Well, I'm glad you figured it out. *two thumbs up*

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    Staring into the abyss of old code and you will surely see the ghosts. Its always interesting when you come after another developer and they strong armed something in instead of using some finesse to make it easier later.
    This is definitely not that, and luckily the situation you're describing is very rare, even in a game as old as DDO.

Actually, no, today I made a "Cosmetic Shield" by ripping out the "shield" part of a shield's internals, so actually you're talking about me right now XD

Community Member

Tossing this in for visibility.

Lords of Dust EE, level 26 Aasimar Swashie. When I fascinate and try Coup de Grace, it never attempts the actual coup. It swings, hits, and never states "You hit cultist with coup de grace" (or something very similar). If I trip them out of fascinate, then coup, I get the correct message and 9 times out of 10 they die. Try the same thing on the Jarlith cats critters and they can be couped right out of fascinate.

Anybody noticed these shenanigans?

More info:

Running LH Disciples of rage. Every player race based bad guy was unable to be CDG when fascinated. Half orc, halfing, human, dwarf, drow, etc. No CDG check was even made, just a normal swing to hit. Trip first out of fascinate and and CDG went off every time. Other bad guys aside from player based races? No problems.

Community Member

So, in summary, the House Phiarlan legacy guild buff now grants Guild Bonuses to Skills, rather than Morale, because apparently leaving things as Morale bonuses cause DDO to collapse into a black hole.
    When will this change? There are many of us that "did the math" a long time ago and recognized that there was still value in keeping the Phiarlan Entertainer in the cargo bay because it was beneficial to do so. If the morale buff is changing to a guild buff, I believe that math will change.

Community Member

Ok, so, short answer - yes.

Long answer: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Longer answer: having a buff that splits across channels - like the House Phiarlan Entertainer legacy guild buff - can get messy. Really, really messy. We have a lot of control over effect suppression, and can assign higher or lower magnitudes to sort buffs and how they cleanly (or in this case, not so cleanly) suppress, and this entire situation is just a great example of why suppression ordering may not be enough. When you ended up with the legacy and modern guild buff bonuses to skills, and your Song's Morale bonus to skills, DDO ended up in an A > B > C > A situation. Because B and C do not cleanly overlap, every 10 seconds the game had to figure out what the heck was supposed to actually happen. So, in summary, the House Phiarlan legacy guild buff now grants Guild Bonuses to Skills, rather than Morale, because apparently leaving things as Morale bonuses cause DDO to collapse into a black hole.
    So, what you are saying is that having the House Phiarlain buff be morale causes DDO to be depressed and have no morale?

The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Default Bard inspiration issues

Since the changes to bard I have a few issues.

Firstly I like the idea of the aura, however it does also have downsides. My bard had songs extended to 10 mins previously and I was able to buff a subgroup of people and leave them for more than a minute.
    That being said the Long duration of the inspiration song is excellent with one major problem, I have to play it 12 times at the beginning of a raid. This is actually more time than I used to spend playing all the songs, when using my Elyd edge which is totally worthless now. I don't care about song expenditure it would be nice to but I was under the impression the changes would make it faster. I still have to make the whole raid wait. Make it cost 12 songs and cast on everyone at once maybe?

Secondly, while some of the effects have increased potency some others are not functioning at all. Freedom of Movement song addition for example does not actually provide Freedom of Movement at all. The addition of the Greater Heroism song into the aura has made for an annoying effect of the buff symbol appearing over everyone the aura is effecting every 10 seconds, I am not so greatly bothered by this but a vast majority of the people I play with very much dislike it, it can be "fixed" by casting spell Greater Heroism on them normally. I was hoping to expand my spell repertoire by removing Freedom and Heroism completely.

Last but not least, I noticed while running Hound of Xoriat that the charmed dogs used to defeat Xizzy do NOT receive the benefit of the aura. Honestly this raid is very old, but it was one of the few places where bard songs were still very helpful, and as it has recently had its loot made more desirable I'm very disappointed that Bard is no longer as useful here.

Hoping its not all WAI

Cheers.
    The more you know the more you know you don't know ~Plato as Socrates

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by glennson View Post

Last but not least, I noticed while running Hound of Xoriat that the charmed dogs used to defeat Xizzy do NOT receive the benefit of the aura. Honestly this raid is very old, but it was one of the few places where bard songs were still very helpful, and as it has recently had its loot made more desirable I'm very disappointed that Bard is no longer as useful here.
    LOL.

It never ceases to amaze me.

5 minute HoX completionz!111eleventy! 7 Threads is reasonable.

*In a Dev meeting* "I know! We'll take away Reaper mode. And the Bard pass? Let's make it so the pups don't benefit from the Bard Songs anymore! That'll get people to run this old raid again!"

This is a bit tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but I'm reasonably sure it won't get addressed in a timely fashion, either.

Systems Designer

Freedom of Movement song addition for example does not actually provide Freedom of Movement at all.
    You are not the first person to report this to me, so far I haven't found a reason why this is happening but I'll keep looking, don't worry.

The addition of the Greater Heroism song into the aura has made for an annoying effect of the buff symbol appearing over everyone the aura is effecting every 10 seconds
    This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Bizarrely enough, the actual problem with this buff was actually the Phiarlan Entertainer legacy Ship Buff and its conflict with its modern guild buff counterpart.

Last but not least, I noticed while running Hound of Xoriat that the charmed dogs used to defeat Xizzy do NOT receive the benefit of the aura.
    Correct, friendly NPCs do not benefit from the majority of positive auras. As a Bard, you can sing your Bardic Inspiration to them, but flickering auras (such as the defensive auras from Warlock's Enlightened Spirit) that originate from a player should not hit friendly NPCs.

Please could the LFM panel be fixed so Warlock is defaulted instead of Epic (even in heroic LFMs), it seems to be either/or so LFMs often don't show as applicable to Warlocks.

Also, please could you guys re-fix the bug that causes the bank windows to randomly close, it was fixed a while ago but then broke again

Thanks!

Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast