Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

In Tier 5 Vanguard (both Paladin and Fighter) Shield Rush is bugged.

Shield Rush: While shield equipped, Activate: Rush forward in a line, delivering a shield bash to every creature hit.
    The only requirement is that a shield be equipped, but it appears as though it is coded to require a melee weapon in the main hand. I can Shield Rush with a scroll in the main hand (and while it has been a few years I have beaten entire dungeons to death with a scroll), but not with a returning dagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    sometimes you just want to light the players on fire, yanno?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    Apologies if this was mentioned before, but my ocd smarts at the white plume pack item being called "legendary xyz" when it shoud be "epic xyz"

Kind of a big deal : Legendary Sapphire Studded Buckles L21.
    You're in luck that I am in the exact specific slice of DDO that this item lives in right at the exact moment I read this comment :P Fixed it for you.
    Thank you kindly

Unrelated, at the end of Quarrantine, once the end fight is triggered, access to the end area is blocked by a portal. The portal is labelled "Dragon's Lair" or something similar, copied from elsewhere (Search and Rescue) no doubt.

Also, once you finish that end fight, the portal remains in place, and you cannot click it to exit back out to the rest of the quest. Not that I want to do this often but the portal is only really there to stop messing about with the end fight (run away, kite from circle target area and fight there, etc)... maybe just remove the portal on npc death?

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    In Tier 5 Vanguard (both Paladin and Fighter) Shield Rush is bugged.

The only requirement is that a shield be equipped, but it appears as though it is coded to require a melee weapon in the main hand. I can Shield Rush with a scroll in the main hand (and while it has been a few years I have beaten entire dungeons to death with a scroll), but not with a returning dagger.

This was explained in another thread recently actually. Attacks are coded to either be a melee or ranged attack and shield rush is coded as a melee attack, so a throwing weapon does not allow the attack to be used
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

There is a blinding light for dragonborn when you use ascendance from EA tree

edit: you can especially notice it in any narrow corridor or passage
    Last edited by Ladywolf; 04-23-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Day 1 Founder
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Lava Divers - Khyber

Here's 3 typos I spotted from NPCs, the first and third are repeated words from Niles Cage (Three Barrel Cove) and Tessa Aster (Harbor) in their quest dialogue and the second one is the wrong quest name from the NPC Orin Arroway (Eveningstar) which is extremely confusing when you talk to repeat the quest:

Also, I have a suggestion about cosmetics: Would it be possible to have copies of the same exact cosmetic to stack together like cerulean cloak, if I have 3 of them, they take 3 different inventory spots, it would be nice if they would stack on top of each other like mirrors of glammering do.
    Last edited by Hakushi; 04-23-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    This was explained in another thread recently actually. Attacks are coded to either be a melee or ranged attack and shield rush is coded as a melee attack, so a throwing weapon does not allow the attack to be used
    Source? And please, dev source and not player speculation which has no value.

Regardless, that explanation does not remove the bugged status, as the sole prerequisite to use Shield Rush is having a shield equipped. Whatever you have in the main hand, or even if it is empty, are irrelevant according to the description.

Source? And please, dev source and not player speculation which has no value.

Regardless, that explanation does not remove the bugged status, as the sole prerequisite to use Shield Rush is having a shield equipped. Whatever you have in the main hand, or even if it is empty, are irrelevant according to the description.
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    My understanding is this: The backend requires any attack to either be ranged or melee. There is no middle ground where an attack button can be clicked and the game can gracefully detect which type of weapon you are wielding and then makes an attack with the appropriate style.

To avoid this restriction we can use the spellcasting system and make what visually appears to be a weapon esque strike (think fan of knives from Vistani) but that makes the damage completely detached from your weapon and any effects that impact your weapon attacks.

The point is, the desire for a single button that allows you to attack with your bird regardless of weapon style, would be cool, but is not currently supported by the backend core combat systems of DDO.
    So, perhaps the description simply needs to add that this requires a melee weapon.
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don1966 View Post
    it seems the radiant servant positive energy burst is broken again. if you have someone hard targeted and hit the burst, if they are too far away it gives a failed action, target is too far away error. looking at the tool tip it says target: friend, self, foe, undead, directional. at one point this was fixed, broken again now.
    This.

It's annoying and unnecessary.

Would be wonderful if it was fixed.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Haden d'Joraso speaks in unclear gibberish to me.
    Had it been clear gibberish, then I might have looked away, but this ... tableDIdthing ... Is this a new cooking recipe in House Jorasco ? Or does he try to appear as ill as all those ill people lying around him in the Jorasco Hospital ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Could it be possible to change the flagging requirements for Stealer of Souls to just running the Refuge quests instead of having to collect 6 non stackable items from all over the world? I really miss running this quest but since Dragontouched has become obsolete nobody bothers with it anymore because of the tedious flagging.
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 04-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Noticed an NPC grammar error yesterday.

3BC, Red Tom, after completing Garl's II he says, "You can take boat..."

There should be an "a" or "the" before 'boat'.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Okay.

Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    My understanding is this: The backend requires any attack to either be ranged or melee. There is no middle ground where an attack button can be clicked and the game can gracefully detect which type of weapon you are wielding and then makes an attack with the appropriate style.

To avoid this restriction we can use the spellcasting system and make what visually appears to be a weapon esque strike (think fan of knives from Vistani) but that makes the damage completely detached from your weapon and any effects that impact your weapon attacks.

The point is, the desire for a single button that allows you to attack with your bird regardless of weapon style, would be cool, but is not currently supported by the backend core combat systems of DDO.
    So, perhaps the description simply needs to add that this requires a melee weapon.
    Perhaps. A better solution would be to treat the attack as it is written and allow it with a shield equipped regardless of whatever is in the main hand.

Community Member

Perhaps. A better solution would be to treat the attack as it is written and allow it with a shield equipped regardless of whatever is in the main hand.
    That would make it a spell.
    Since it can't be a melee attack (as you could be holding something that isn't a melee weapon), and it can't be a ranged attack (because you could be holding something that isn't a ranged weapon)

If it was to ever be coded that way, the shield equipped would no longer affect it in any way (since a spell cannot use an equipped shield's [W]s).

It also wouldn't count as a shield bash for proc'ing purposes.

A second option would be adding a ranged weapon option to the attack (Thrower's Rush?) along with the current melee version, and you'd have to pick one of the two to place on your action bar.

Community Member

Default Tiefling and Fire Savant - SLA Active Meta-Magic UI borders are not showing.

Just a QoL feature but its nice to have:

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hey Lynn, was soloing EH Crucible yesterday(was level 29 trying to get 30 with about 60k xp to go). Anyway, when you get to the top of the maze and go to the bank of crystals with the lever, the DM says "You stand before a lever and 7 signal crystals" After carefully counting(3 times) there are only 6 crystals there...as most of us just zerg this quest, I doubt many people would notice this error, and it's taken me a few years TBTH, but it really does need to be fixed for accuracy

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Hey Lynnabel.
    Any info on whether SSG will get clear on what effects Freedom of Movement works, and on what effects it does not work?

Would be nice to know when it's futile or useful to cast it/equip item with it.

Just today got caught in non magical spiders web on toon with heroic flighfoot greaves equip equipped...

Hey lynn, in reaper mode, whenever me or anyone in my party swaps weapons there is some lag and in the combat log it seems like our reaper points are getting recalculated. along with this our hp associated with reaper points go away and come back quickly giving the poor healer a heart attack. if you are twf this happens 2x in a row, if you swap just an offhand or just the main hand it only happens once. can you please recalculate our reaper points at the start of a reaper quest instead of whenever we swap weapons? this also happens when warlocks change between penetrating blast, faltering blast and utterdark blast, and also when you swap from weapon to scroll.

no issues on elite mode, just reaper.

plz fix! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Tank Gotta Go Fast-Shanayney - over 156 Reaper points
    Survivable Healer-Sahanna

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Hey Lynnabel

Sorry if this is a dumb question that's been answered already.

I have been gone for a bit but didn't Primal Scream work on someone with the Sacred Defender (Pal) so long as you toggled off Sacred Defense first. Once I toggled i back on it goes away.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post

I have been gone for a bit but didn't Primal Scream work on someone with the Sacred Defender (Pal) so long as you toggled off Sacred Defense first. Once I toggled i back on it goes away.
    I believe it did for quite awhile but I don't think that was ever WAI, just a low priority to finally fix.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post

Being in certain Defensive Stances, such as Stalwart and Sacred Defense, will ward you against Rage - Primal Scream is a Rage effect.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast