Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedoman96 View Post
    I'm tempted to put this in the Stealth Post. With your permission of course.
    You have permission to quote anything I have ever said about stealth in any thread.

Just remember the first dev rule of nerfing stealth is to not talk about stealth.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    That's so cool! You're the best!

For some reason I assumed the Echo items were the end of the line lol. Sounds pretty good to me
    Nahhhh, that'd be doing them a disservice - as many passionate people in this thread have said, the "missing something" versions of the Big 3 are not as enticing as some raid loot. However, we can't really just put raid level items in a regular ol' quest - no matter how cool White Plume is
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Nahhhh, that'd be doing them a disservice - as many passionate people in this thread have said, the "missing something" versions of the Big 3 are not as enticing as some raid loot. However, we can't really just put raid level items in a regular ol' quest - no matter how cool White Plume is
    So its just the 3 echo's receiving an upgrade in the new raid and not the bow/scepter? Also raid level items in regular quest???(Looks at temple of elemental evil!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    So its just the 3 echo's receiving an upgrade in the new raid and not the bow/scepter?
    No spoilers!

(You'll find out relatively soon, don't worry, I just don't want to reveal too much before it's all finalized enough for lamannia )
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    So its just the 3 echo's receiving an upgrade in the new raid and not the bow/scepter? Also raid level items in regular quest???(Looks at temple of elemental evil!)
    I want a new runearm and heavy repeater and medium armor with trapping buffs and ...
    Of course, I always want those.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

No spoilers!

(You'll find out relatively soon, don't worry, I just don't want to reveal too much before it's all finalized enough for lamannia )
    I hope our perceptions of soon is similar, I would see "relatively soon" as this week or early next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Many of us did not want Wave to be an object comparable to a raid. We just wanted it to be comparable to carrying two non-raid weapons.

Honestly, you (devs) have to do something with caster staffs. Or give whoever carries a staff innate advantages with spellcasting (in the same way that those who fight with two-handers have their innate advantages in combat), or put twice as many enchantments on a staff than on a one-handed weapon (so that you have the same number of enchantments carrying a staff than carrying two weapons). Right now the current design does not make sense: staffs are a clear disadvantage for a caster, when they are iconic weapons in fantasy for magicians.

Community Member

Triple implement bonus to spell power on staves, maybe some inherent spell point reduction to all implement staves? But yeah at least +1 effect for each 2 on non staves makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Triple implement bonus to spell power on staves, maybe some inherent spell point reduction to all implement staves? But yeah at least +1 effect for each 2 on non staves makes sense.
    But how about the extra DC(s) like on the thunderholme staff? It's always bad carrying a staff because the caster would loose both DCs and spell power while using the staff. Right now, staff usage is cosmetic only and not even a monk want to use it.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    But how about the extra DC(s) like on the thunderholme staff? It's always bad carrying a staff because the caster would loose both DCs and spell power while using the staff. Right now, staff usage is cosmetic only and not even a monk want to use it.
    Which would make one-hand spellcasting implements a cosmetic option only for DC casters?

Buffing a weak weapon type to become the BiS doesn't do anything other than powercreep and require every DC caster to obtain a staff instead of what they are currently using.

It's like what would happen if Greatclubs suddenly had a 20/x8 crit multiplier - now every 2H melee build has to have one. It's the only viable option if you want to be competitive.

I'm not saying that staffs don't need a buff, I just don't know that a significant DC buff is the right way to go about it. And if it's like +1 DC you'll keep using 2x one-hands so that's pointless.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Which would make one-hand spellcasting implements a cosmetic option only for DC casters?

Buffing a weak weapon type to become the BiS doesn't do anything other than powercreep and require every DC caster to obtain a staff instead of what they are currently using.

It's like what would happen if Greatclubs suddenly had a 20/x8 crit multiplier - now every 2H melee build has to have one. It's the only viable option if you want to be competitive.

I'm not saying that staffs don't need a buff, I just don't know that a significant DC buff is the right way to go about it. And if it's like +1 DC you'll keep using 2x one-hands so that's pointless.
    If every staff had some advantage that helped offset the disadvantage of less effects, that would in no way force it to be best in slot.

Poorly implemented, sure that could happen.

A. Add equivalent amount of casting effects on a staff as two one-handed items
    or
    B. Add "something meaningful" that helps make up for the loss as compared to two caster items.

I personally like the idea of each named staff having something unique and ideally appropriately themed - lower spell point cost, healing over time, let you slot one additional spell, etc. I believe it is wave that makes you automatically set for a charge in PnP. Something like that (meaningfully implemented) would be thematically much cooler than an overall buff to defense.

Random staves could be more vanilla, such as higher loot table rolls with the possibility of higher effects.

Community Member

Have you checked what implement bonuses are providing, they are trivial... could go 4-5 times implement for staves, and still wont outclass the benefit of 2 sticks in no way. I am not loving that idea to be honest, but an easy fix while they figure it out for the future.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567