Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Very flattered, can someone explain further?

I'm very flattered.

Sadly, she wouldn't accept Mirrored Items so I'm guessing only store bought glammored items? Does this mean we won't be getting the recently converted glammored armor kits in the store for awhile? I was hoping by fall but if we're getting this ...trade-in... mechanic, it doesn't seem likely. It appears as if you wanted to give the people who received unwanted cosmetics from Gold DD an opportunity to trade them in for something they might like better.

Any further details would be appreciated.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Cool HAH well done.

Grats on becoming an NPC, ey.

I wonder if this means they've considered your cosmetics... one can only hope.
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!

Systems Designer

Heheheh I knew you'd find her eventually

She takes cosmetics earned from Daily Dice and turns them into Glamerdust, which can then be turned into other cosmetic equipment. So, say you've had your eye on a Thinking Cap but every time you get the Jackpot on Daily Dice it's not that, you can turn a few different cosmetics into the one you want. Essentially, this is a way to open up the cosmetics found in Daily Dice so it's not completely impossible to get the style that you're looking for.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

She takes cosmetics earned from Daily Dice and turns them into Glamerdust, which can then be turned into other cosmetic equipment. So, say you've had your eye on a Thinking Cap but every time you get the Jackpot on Daily Dice it's not that, you can turn a few different cosmetics into the one you want. Essentially, this is a way to open up the cosmetics found in Daily Dice so it's not completely impossible to get the style that you're looking for.
    Well that's cool.

Any word yet on when the newly converted glammored cosmetics will be in the DDO store? I don't gamble with astral shards but I'm willing to spend some money on points for the styles I want. I'd even accept if they were only available at certain times of the year so if you wanted to outright buy them you had narrow windows to do so.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

. Essentially, this is a way to open up the cosmetics found in Daily Dice so it's not completely impossible to get the style that you're looking for.
    So that means we'll find this in the list? Can you dig around and see if you all still have this?

Actually... it was my son running around the dojo on my computer that found her. He came running into the kitchen to tell me there was someone else with my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    So that means we'll find this in the list? Can you dig around and see if you all still have this?

What game is that Lagin? That guy definitely doesn't look like a DDO male.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Old ddo store image? People remember this cosmetic. I never bothered with them back then. I got that image from the here, forums archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Old ddo store image? People remember this cosmetic. I never bothered with them back then. I got that image from the here, forums archive.
    Odd. I don't remember it. And the closest thing we have to it is the Traveler's Outfit from the Traveler's Trunk, at least for females.

Systems Designer

Did some digging and that image is from Aion Online, the original upload to our forum domain being in 2014 in this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...942-New-Outfit

It does look spiffy, though.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Did some digging and that image is from Aion Online, the original upload to our forum domain being in 2014 in this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...942-New-Outfit

It does look spiffy, though.
    The NPC's name needs to be spellchecked, I think. There's an extra "e" in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Congrats! That's super cool, Aelonwy.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

I'm very flattered.

Sadly, she wouldn't accept Mirrored Items so I'm guessing only store bought glammored items? Does this mean we won't be getting the recently converted glammored armor kits in the store for awhile? I was hoping by fall but if we're getting this ...trade-in... mechanic, it doesn't seem likely. It appears as if you wanted to give the people who received unwanted cosmetics from Gold DD an opportunity to trade them in for something they might like better.

Any further details would be appreciated.
    Immortalized in the game. Now you shall always be here.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Nice & congratz!

And congratz to Maelodic, another forumite here
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Default Is there a way to get cosmetics to turn into dust ?

Is there a giver of cosmetic garments or a free dice roll til we get some? i'd like to test it out (By the way Excellent contributions to the forums -- congrats Aeloenwy to being in DDO!) as well as look at some of the dice-only-rolled armor appearances.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    Is there a giver of cosmetic garments or a free dice roll til we get some? i'd like to test it out (By the way Excellent contributions to the forums -- congrats Aeloenwy to being in DDO!) as well as look at some of the dice-only-rolled armor appearances.
    Try buying some from the DDO store. I know the Heavy Violet Crest cosmetic armor works, although a word of warning: you can't currently turn in multiples of the same armor so you have to close out of the window and speak with Aeleonwy again for every transaction.

As a side note, I got overly excited because I thought the rest of the old armor kits were coming back in cosmetic form

Well the selection doesn't include all the armor kits that have ever existed so I can presume (I think) that some things still have yet to be converted to the BTA glamored system. However it does include some things that are not available in the store that many people may wish to acquire such as the Thinking Cap, Verdant and Red Crest of Wave, Robe of Wintry Ice, etc.

Hopefully, the converted armor kits eventually make it to the store. With the selection I see available here there are four I wish to buy. If the rest of the BTC armor kits get converted there will likely be more I will want to purchase. But I won't gamble with astral shards and I'm hardly going to buy 16 armor kits @495 each to get the four I want. (16kits = 160 glamour dust @40 glamour dust per kit in this trader) That would be 7920 pts all together or 1980 pts per armor kit I do want. That's a bit on the crazy-talk side considering its far more expensive than most adventure packs or even premium races. I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant for this sort of trading but they probably would be very happy if people chose to use it this way.

All in all this trader will probably be a great boon to VIPs and those that spend shards for Gold DD rolls, especially those that didn't quite like their cosmetic windfall but for people that prefer a la carte purchasing we may have to wait awhile for the store to be updated with the newly converted armor kits. *le sigh*

By the way the Trader does NOT accept anything from Ravenloft, the Anniversary Armor, Cerulean Crest of Wave, or any of the Cosmetic Helms that I had. Only the store-bought glamored armor kits and those that appear only on Gold DD.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

By the way the Trader does NOT accept anything from Ravenloft, the Anniversary Armor, Cerulean Crest of Wave, or any of the Cosmetic Helms that I had. Only the store-bought glamored armor kits and those that appear only on Gold DD.
    I'm guessing this is deliberate. If they allowed those to be turned in, someone could create new characters over and over again to get free BTA store/gold roll cosmetics from this system (assuming the glammer dust or whatever it's called is BTA).

Does she happen to give out bags that hold cosmetic items?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast