Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Exalted Angel makes it almost impossible to die. It's so tanky I fully expect it to get a catastrophic nerfing once SSG gets around to their balance pass.

Also Holy Fireball is super strong.

The "all spellcasting stats for all abilities" part of the pass is nice if you want to go Cha-based but also have something like Mass Frog - now it works off Cha or Wis, so you can go either way.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by huey9187 View Post
    been away from game for a few months, any updates to wis based fvs with new destinies?
    Apologies, I am not able to spend much time in game because we are in the process of a long-distance move, selling a house, buying a house, etc. which has been keeping me quite busy.

In my opinion charisma is still the way to go because of synergies with magewright set (best in slot + gives you quality charisma), dragonborn and tiefling as great races for favored soul and the one thing wisdom had going for it, mass frog, has been removed as a feat and is now a tier 5 ability in primal that goes off of the highest casting stat rather than wisdom.

I don't think wisdom will do bad, but charisma is definitely the way to go with U51 for reasons that have nothing to do with destinies.

As far as destinies you can go Tier 5 EA with Tier 4 draconic or T5 Draconic T3 US T3 EA depending on what you are going for. There are many other splits that will support different goals.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

I don't have a ridiculous number of permanent points (15 or 16, so only a few above what everyone gets for picking up the EDs in the first place), and so I'm a little more stretched than I prefer, but I've been playing around with some configs and found one I like:

Shadowdancer - Core 1 and 2 - Dimension Door is just too good.
    Well of Darkness 3 - More spellpoints and a smidge of useful spellpower.
    Lithe 2 or 3 - Reflex saves good.
    Shadowcaster - 10% cooldown reduction on things like Celestial Bombardment, Heal, and I hate hate hate hate hate being level drained. Death Ward is nice, but it's not 100% since it can be so easily dispelled.

Draconic - Core 1-2-3, spellpoint savings and no more material components.
    Dragonhide 3 - More saves, and no more failing saves against flesh to stone or disintegrate on a 1.
    Dragon Breath, great short range AOE Strike.

Angel- Core 1-2-3, cause...yeah.
    Born by Flame 3, more resistances are good. Hard to get light resistance anywhere.
    Angelic Mantle, powers everything.
    Sun Pillar, excellent single target knockout Strike, not restricted by terrain like the various beam and bolt spells, and you don't need to be facing the target, so easy to hit quick moving enemies like bats.
    Divine Protection, MRR good
    Angelic Body, This is mostly due to lack of anything else. Poisons and diseases are not really worth caring about (especially when you can cast Heal) and the ones that ARE worth worrying about aren't natural, so this doesn't work on them.
    Saving Grace 3, more saves good, no fail will saves on a 1 very good
    Sun Bolt SLA, cause it's Sun Bolt.
    Holy Presence, because it's the most ridiculously overpowered ability I think I've ever seen in DDO.
    Purity of Mind & Soul 3, Can never have enough HAMP.
    Blood And Radiance - More spellpower.
    Angelic Soul - Provides immense levels of protection from everything except physical and negative damage.
    Holy Command - So if something survives Sun Pillar, it gets knocked flat and can't do anything.
    Holy Fireball - because when you absolutely positive have to kill every last M F in the room, accept no substitutes.

Then if I have points to spare, I take the SP reductions for Maximize and Intensify.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Default updates?

anyone have an updated wisdom version?
    LOGAINE PROUD GIMP OF FIREFLY

Quote Originally Posted by huey9187 View Post
    anyone have an updated wisdom version?
    I have been playing on hardcore since the recent changes (nerfs) and am not playing a fvs on hardcore so my information likely isn't the most current. Despite the changes I still believe FVS is one of the best soloing builds and hope to get a chance to play it soon.

Since the ED changes I've really liked using Draconic, Exalted Angel and Unyielding Sentinel for my 3 trees. There is little drawback to using a shield for a caster, esp a divine caster and you can get some really great defense/survivability benefits from unyielding sentinel while still going tier 5 in either exalted angel or draconic.

Apologies for not keeping this thread up-to-date.

Matuse has some good ideas here:

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I don't have a ridiculous number of permanent points (15 or 16, so only a few above what everyone gets for picking up the EDs in the first place), and so I'm a little more stretched than I prefer, but I've been playing around with some configs and found one I like:

Shadowdancer - Core 1 and 2 - Dimension Door is just too good.
    Well of Darkness 3 - More spellpoints and a smidge of useful spellpower.
    Lithe 2 or 3 - Reflex saves good.
    Shadowcaster - 10% cooldown reduction on things like Celestial Bombardment, Heal, and I hate hate hate hate hate being level drained. Death Ward is nice, but it's not 100% since it can be so easily dispelled.

Draconic - Core 1-2-3, spellpoint savings and no more material components.
    Dragonhide 3 - More saves, and no more failing saves against flesh to stone or disintegrate on a 1.
    Dragon Breath, great short range AOE Strike.

Angel- Core 1-2-3, cause...yeah.
    Born by Flame 3, more resistances are good. Hard to get light resistance anywhere.
    Angelic Mantle, powers everything.
    Sun Pillar, excellent single target knockout Strike, not restricted by terrain like the various beam and bolt spells, and you don't need to be facing the target, so easy to hit quick moving enemies like bats.
    Divine Protection, MRR good
    Angelic Body, This is mostly due to lack of anything else. Poisons and diseases are not really worth caring about (especially when you can cast Heal) and the ones that ARE worth worrying about aren't natural, so this doesn't work on them.
    Saving Grace 3, more saves good, no fail will saves on a 1 very good
    Sun Bolt SLA, cause it's Sun Bolt.
    Holy Presence, because it's the most ridiculously overpowered ability I think I've ever seen in DDO.
    Purity of Mind & Soul 3, Can never have enough HAMP.
    Blood And Radiance - More spellpower.
    Angelic Soul - Provides immense levels of protection from everything except physical and negative damage.
    Holy Command - So if something survives Sun Pillar, it gets knocked flat and can't do anything.
    Holy Fireball - because when you absolutely positive have to kill every last M F in the room, accept no substitutes.

Then if I have points to spare, I take the SP reductions for Maximize and Intensify.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789