Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Attending Gen Con or in the Indianapolis area August 3rd? Let's Meet Up!

If you are attending Gen Con in Indianapolis this year (August 2 - 5), or live in or close enough to the Indianapolis area to want to attend, we're hosting an official player meetup on Friday, August 3rd from 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern at Social on McCrea! Besides hanging out with fellow Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online players, you'll have an opportunity to chat with us, pick up swag, win prizes, and have serious fun!

Details:

Where: Social on McCrea
    When: Friday, August 3rd 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT)
    What: A meetup of DDO and LOTRO players, along with some SSG employees, and perhaps even a few special guests. Swag, fun, giveaways, and more! We might even have a few secrets to spill. There is a cash bar available. Must be over the age of 21 to enter the establishment.

For those who were at Gen Con last year, this is the same place we crashed last year, but this time it's official! We've rented Social out for the three hours for a private event. There's a good chance some of us will continue to hang out after 10:00pm, but that'll be informal and dependent on schedules.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Default Geeeennnn coooooonnnn

We'll be there again Muscle Tribe of Excellence! Rawr!

Very cool! Count me in!
    Once a King, always a King.
    But once a Knight is NEVER enough!

Community Member

Default Happiness

You boys & girls at SSG want to fly me out from Western Australia?

Sounds like it will be a hoot! Imagine a crazy Aussie there too hehe

Enjoy all,

Money Maker of Cannith

Default Huzzzah!

Can't wait! I'll be there hanging with some of the Pod casting crews. You may know me as Rent2PWN!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you are attending Gen Con in Indianapolis this year (August 2 - 5), or live in or close enough to the Indianapolis area to want to attend, we're hosting an official player meetup on Friday, August 3rd from 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern at Social on McCrea! Besides hanging out with fellow Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online players, you'll have an opportunity to chat with us, pick up swag, win prizes, and have serious fun!

Details:

Where: Social on McCrea
    When: Friday, August 3rd 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT)
    What: A meetup of DDO and LOTRO players, along with some SSG employees, and perhaps even a few special guests. Swag, fun, giveaways, and more! We might even have a few secrets to spill. There is a cash bar available. Must be over the age of 21 to enter the establishment.

For those who were at Gen Con last year, this is the same place we crashed last year, but this time it's official! We've rented Social out for the three hours for a private event. There's a good chance some of us will continue to hang out after 10:00pm, but that'll be informal and dependent on schedules.
    How about a winter event in Vegas???

I just got the notification from the ddo client - I would have come if I knew about it like a month earlier.
    Not sure I can get my flight and leave from work in time for that.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal, Miahoopuke

Default :(

Would love to go, but sadly this a sudden announcement, or did I miss one some time ago?
    Also, would it be possible for an earlier announcement for next year (at least a month's or two notice for work)?

Community Member

Default 2 western aussies

Quote Originally Posted by VxCalais View Post
    You boys & girls at SSG want to fly me out from Western Australia?

Sounds like it will be a hoot! Imagine a crazy Aussie there too hehe

Enjoy all,

Money Maker of Cannith
    what about 2 for double the fun

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker8063 View Post
    what about 2 for double the fun
    One from Victoria too, or how about a hosted event in Aus?

Question Under 21 with Parent Attendance?

I am 16, I cant deny that, but in 2008 when I was 6, my parents let me have my own Dungeons and Dragons account so I could play with them. 10 years later. I'm the only one in my family that still plays actively. My question is, if my parents come would I still be able to attend? It would be so much fun to meet the other people I have met through playing this game so long (and maybe even learn a trick or 2 on how to make sure all my characters aren't glass cannons.)
    Last edited by elfears; 07-26-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by elfears View Post
    I am 16, I cant deny that, but in 2008 when I was 6, my parents let me have my own Dungeons and Dragons account so I could play with them. 10 years later. I'm the only one in my family that still plays actively. My question is, if my parents come would I still be able to attend? It would be so much fun to meet the other people I have met through playing this game so long (and maybe even learn a trick or 2 on how to make sure all my characters aren't glass cannons.)
    I would be happy to meet up with you outside of the establishment, but unfortunately the meetup is taking place at a bar, and Indianapolis bars don't allow people under the age of 21 to enter. PM me and we'll figure something out.
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Gonna be there

I'll be attending with my husband.

Anyone else from Fallen going?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I'm planning on attending

Community Manager

Sweet! I was working yesterday to organize our swag. We'll have a couple of nice new things to raffle off in addition to our older swag. Some folks will have already received this stuff, but not everyone, so if you never had the chance to get, say, a dice bag or t-shirt, there's a good chance you'll be able to get one.

I plan on distributing tickets at the door for DDO, LOTRO, and special raffle swag, then once we get settled in we'll have folks drop off their DDO/LOTRO tickets in exchange for one of something. After everyone has had a chance to get something (assuming we have enough swag for everyone - I hope so), then the remainder of the pile will be free for the taking. If for some reason our crowd is much larger than expected, we'll have to raffle off the DDO and LOTRO swag as well. Mid-party, we'll do the drawings for the three signed DDO Mists of Ravenloft posters, six LOTRO calendars, and two signed LOTRO Collector's Edition boxes.

Also, if you are here for DDO, and a person who does things on YouTube/Twitch/a blog/whatever, I'd recommend being prepared to perhaps hear something cool. We will be able to do brief interviews with Sev, Tolero, and me on-site.
    Join us on Twitch!

How much are tickets gonna be?

Also, there isn't an admission price is there?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hreasvalgir View Post
    How much are tickets gonna be?

Also, there isn't an admission price is there?
    There is no charge for the meetup, just show up. I'll be handing out raffle tickets to people as they enter, but that's just a way to make sure as many people as possible get the chance to pick up some swag. We are not supplying food or drink, though, so that's on you to purchase.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There is no charge for the meetup, just show up. I'll be handing out raffle tickets to people as they enter, but that's just a way to make sure as many people as possible get the chance to pick up some swag. We are not supplying food or drink, though, so that's on you to purchase.
    Okies! Me and my husband will show up. I'm trying to drag him into playing DDO with me

Due to recent events in RL, CD will not be there this year.

Am seriously bummed after so many years trying to get ya'll back 'officially', and missing the first one.

Here's hoping folks take lotsa pix and post em up here or in my Gathering™ thread afterwards.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Due to recent events in RL, CD will not be there this year.

Am seriously bummed after so many years trying to get ya'll back 'officially', and missing the first one.

Here's hoping folks take lotsa pix and post em up here or in my Gathering™ thread afterwards.

Bummer! You are an important part of our yearly meetups, and will be missed.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast