Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bird Man

Raid nite. Pulled masque and schism shard. I think that’s 4. Eventually want to do a long sword monk build. I’ve seen a falcon ion monk build. Pretty serious dps.
    Ran vish to get some 30 time in. He hasn’t pulled the bow, so I haven’t went to any bow build. And neither will I. This is an awesome melee cleric raid dps build. And tonite in baba I was goggle swap for frog and implosion. Maybe when u50 and 51 settle he may be a better dc build than now. Since I guess attunement gaze will be bis.
    Also, fixed movement. Got a topaz of swiftness, which has 30% run and 15% melee alacrity. I saw melee speed 45. So I think that’s max. Super dupe, I can run now. Didn’t know it was in the store. We had conversation about it. 175 ddo.
    Oh ya I’ll have to recall some paparazzi next time and get some vish screenshots.
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Alright, catching flies from left field
    Ok I like monk
    Would do a clonk if it fit
    But Handwraps come from monk level, and capstones
    And this is an implosion build
    So 17 levels
    Leaves me 3 monk
    Have to spend 3 feats stat for dex, and basically have no wraps dps. Like 1 die
    So it sounds good. Has the best synergy
    But has no dps
    So I don't think I'll evar build a clonk imploder. Might go that way on a caster build, but not on a melee build. It would even be a quarter staff.

Ps
    Besides, I'm gonna aasimar duality Kil next,
    So I'll have my 30 monk
    And my 30 fleric
    When you splash monk you tend to use other weapons not wraps...like Henshin staff user...fire domain cleric of Aureon or however you spell the Gods name...war hawk

30 raid nite
    Kil on timer so I took out vish. First time since update
    Lost 500 hp. Otherwise he’s down some but seems playable. We did LH tonite. Guess we had a pretty strong group, since they all went well. We had a variety of mix change out, but all the quests went smooth. Well LOB, we marked him twice, and then the pillars came down before we marked him thrice, but we dps and took him down and got it, and dialogue played out, finished and got second chest. Guess this one was for dialogue saving us the chest. Had a roll on the bow in dnd, but didn’t get it again. Funny, I have like 3600 runes on vish. But I was waiting to see if the bow dropped to tr and run it, but I think I’m not doing any changes. Just keep vish at 30 to raid.
    Also, they changed the marker to look like the new marked icon. No longer a big purple arrow, it’s a marked target. I kinda would like the old one, but I guess it’s a issue if bow marks too now? Idk does that stuff interact? It would be nice to differentiate them.
    Lost the keen on the sword. So from 8.5 to 6.5 or about 25% nerf.
    But really the issue is hit points. That’s really a huge problem. When the casters have as much hp as the melee, you know it’s ****ed. Losing hp is the only buffer we have to react. And nerfing that, I have seen awesome great players dying in r6 and having unexpected deaths where we were use to more survivability. Ya every time I log in and look at the hp drop, I just sigh. Everyone has taken a pretty big hit and we were talking about it. Idk we were saying raid hp weren’t nerfed. But we were still doing LH tonite. We did the shroud on LE, and had to do part 2 twice, one of them got away and got killed and that ended up respawning them. I was oom at end of those fights, and was hella rezzing ppl. Lot of one shots. But in LE there is no Rez timer and it was Johnny cleric Rez as fast you can. Ya when I heal and Rez and more full time cleric, I burn the mana pool pretty fast. Normally I have a full bar, I don’t cast, I melee and just throw down sacred ground and burst. It’s great for melee heals. But when I standing back just casting, I cycle more masses, since bursting away from the fight is useless, just like being a casting radiant servant.
    Oh ya, I had to redo enhancements. I had 13 points in RS. Some new stuff. I took turns and burst core3, and ended up adding a point of wisdom out of it. Also, I ate the racial tome, and I got an extra ap out of it. I took martyrdom, want to test that out. I’m still squish for a melee now with loss of 500 hp, and ac about 100. And I died a few times tonite. So see what it does. And then if you die with the cleric self Rez, you do a death heal then return like a Phoenix? I’ll have to test it out.
    Was thinking tr vish too.was thinking tr kil as well. Vish could use the past lives now, divine wise and even martial. I’ve got just a couple chains on kill to do max rxp. But vish is still able to contribute. Maybe got a reaper nerf, he has 20 points, so needs more but prob not over r4. But he’s fine as a raid cleric, especially for the runs we do.
    Also, put the schism shard in shared for kil.
    Also, did the puzzle solve in dnd tonight. First time, I’m lazy and don’t do puzzle, but can if I want. Like the one in saltmarsh, I figured that right first time I did it. And we also got all 4 bluffs. First time for that I recall. Oh ya, I was in on the early runs with the guns where we were figuring the solve for the puzzles first time. So I get the benefit of just looking the wiki for the answer.
    Here’s a pic.

Last edited by Vish; 08-13-2021 at 12:38 AM.
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

30 raids
    Last week. Pulled a ring of thelis and an alchemists crown. The crown was passed. But I wanted it and no one else did, so thanks.
    This week. Baba strahd PN killing time. all on LH. In the PN, pulled the heavy crossbow. And a rogue in the group was looking it. Of course, I prefer to pass to who CAN use it, on the toon there. He said he was gonna spend runes on it. Saved him some then in killing time I pull the wisdom trinket. Insightful. I remember back in the day, I wanted this for kil, for the monk build. Now, we’ll I do wisdom builds, and it’s kinda nice getting stuff for vish. He may not have the lives but he has the gear. In the baba I switched over to the attunement goggles, since I was casting frog and implosion. Seemed to work no problem, other than being slow spells.
    Vish pretty much holding ground, I run his as my alt raider since kill is in TR. I WAS THE ONLY HEALER IN THE GROUP TONIGHT, ALL FOUR RUNS. sorry caps. Usual we get another or a FVS. We had a couple alchy s, and I know they can heal. But I usual dps and heal off the sacred ground and bursts. Boss dps. But tonite I hung back and played traditional healer. Spot healing, bursting , hands, masses at times. Trying to keep ppl alive. On a reroll I would take enlarge. ESP as a raid healer. Many fights big rooms where the reach is the difference. Running around to heal isn’t the best but it happens a lot that ppl spread all over. That’s why I tell I’m melee because that takes stress off all the work. And full time cleric when ppl are taking damage isn’t easy. Kept just missing heals or casting at them and it not landing in time them still dying or watching hp bar goe down try to cast and the still die. Ya some frustration tonight, but also just some too fast take downs. The nerf on the hp was not needed. That is our only reaction buffer. And if our defenses are down and monster damage is same any spikes are killing them too fast.. Yea i know, LN. but we were running LH……………
    anyways I was having a blast because I so rarely play hp bar keeper. But some are more squishy than others, especially those barbs. But I had fine we had deaths, I told them don’t die, I’m not a healer, lolz as the only healer icon in the group. We did a good job of not dying and ppl got their loot. We had another elation, rogue got her suffering and pain set. She was super happy. So we had two super happy folks tonite. Gratz!

Paparazzi

Last edited by Vish; 08-31-2021 at 11:26 PM.
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123