Default Improved Fortification breaks the amenity bar

Just a heads up that if you are warforged, take the improved Fortification feat and have the Banquet Hall amenity then it appears you cannot use the amenity bar.

With one WF I did a feat swap and then he could use it. The other I tried temporarily removing the amenity and then he could use it so it appears to be the combination.\

Gonna guess because you are immune to healing it can't apply the banquet hall effect and my guess is that the code tries to apply that then the other buffs and since it can't it never gets to applying the other buffs.
    “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Just a heads up that if you are warforged, take the improved Fortification feat and have the Banquet Hall amenity then it appears you cannot use the amenity bar.

With one WF I did a feat swap and then he could use it. The other I tried temporarily removing the amenity and then he could use it so it appears to be the combination.\

Gonna guess because you are immune to healing it can't apply the banquet hall effect and my guess is that the code tries to apply that then the other buffs and since it can't it never gets to applying the other buffs.
    Good catch! I had this happen a bit ago, but never figured it out.

I know eh!

I had a WF that I don't play often (Biobreaker) that this was happening to but I figured it was just bugged and swapped out when a guildie came online and never thought about it again. This time though it was on my main (running for WF past lives) and it literally worked before I leveled up and then stopped. Since the only real change was the Improved Fortification feat it sent me down that garden path.

Most of my WF didn't bother with the feat (didn't like the removal of ANY cure magic) so it's not something I regularly see. Since this WF Arty life is melee based I have an abundance of feats available so figured I'd grab it as I self healed fine and realistically more fort never hurt. Not being able to use the buff bar though, well that is just darned inconvenient so for those WF out there stay away from the Improved Fortification feat!

;-)
    “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

Community Member

Overwrite your warforged nature with a shapeshift, then use it. At least I think that's how it works!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 07-09-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Overwrite your warforged nature with a shapeshift, then use it. At least I think that's how it works!
    Ahh blatent Druidic favourtism rears its ugly head again!

A pox upon you Druids and your "Natural" ways!!!