Default CTIW weapons after reaper

1. Could those CTIW weapons have mythic, reaper property?

2. If it could have mythic, reaper property, aren't those properties removed after commendation upgrade?
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    1. Could those CTIW weapons have mythic, reaper property?

2. If it could have mythic, reaper property, aren't those properties removed after commendation upgrade?
    1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion. I lost a roll once for a mythic Celestia </3

2: Nope, they won't. The Citw Upgrades (Commendations) are a recipe that adds and removes properties from an existing item, rather than destroying it and giving you a new one. As a good rule of thumb, if the recipe's hover-over contains something like "Effects added" or "effects removed," you're in the clear. I use the phrase "catch and release" to describe some of our crafting - for example, the level 20 seal/scroll/shard stuff. Those effectively destroy the heroic item and hand you the epic version - it's why augments go away (aka are destroyed along with your old version).
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion. I lost a roll once for a mythic Celestia </3

2: Nope, they won't. The Citw Upgrades (Commendations) are a recipe that adds and removes properties from an existing item, rather than destroying it and giving you a new one. As a good rule of thumb, if the recipe's hover-over contains something like "Effects added" or "effects removed," you're in the clear. I use the phrase "catch and release" to describe some of our crafting - for example, the level 20 seal/scroll/shard stuff. Those effectively destroy the heroic item and hand you the epic version - it's why augments go away (aka are destroyed along with your old version).
    So the "sweet" mythic 4 envenomed blade I pulled will lose the mythic 4 if I upgrade it?

If so, wow, that just saved me wasting a ton of time in a quest I can't stand to upgrade it.

4. 07-03-2018, 07:44 AM

Yep s/s/s upgrading will remove the mythic/reaper from the item; my mythic 2 reaper 3 envenomed blade is staying heroic.

Can confirm stuff Lynnabel said in her post: I both own and have upgraded CitW weapons and they keep their mythic.

Have yet to see a reaper bonus CitW weapon; but for some reason I don't run too many CitW runs on reaper.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

1: Yes, they can. I actually am the proud owner of a Mythic 2 Pinion.

Loot rolls, so you rolled the correct %tile to get a Mythic bonus. Now my question is on the Mythic 2 bonus and the loot table roll & elixirs.

Will any of our current elixirs increase that %tile to roll for what level Mythic or Reaper level we get? eg Mythic 2

Or, is it just the "luck of the draw"

Community Member

No, and here’s why. The CiTW upgrades do not create a new item; they add bonuses to an already existing item. In old epic crafting the item is destroyed to create a new one, therefore the effect does not persist. However with the commendations the item is not destroyed, same with Slave Lords blanks.
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Loot rolls, so you rolled the correct %tile to get a Mythic bonus. Now my question is on the Mythic 2 bonus and the loot table roll & elixirs.

Will any of our current elixirs increase that %tile to roll for what level Mythic or Reaper level we get? eg Mythic 2

Or, is it just the "luck of the draw"
    I don't know if even the devs know at this point.. supposedly only the daily dice potions would affect that (?)... but tbh I've ran CITW a few times lately and even on elite the mythic +2 is fairly common and the mythic +4 isn't, but it's not unheard of. And most people are only looking for one or two specific things, so they're likely to just give you the +2 versions if you ask (or put them up for roll). Nobody is PUGging CITW for sentient food

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    So the "sweet" mythic 4 envenomed blade I pulled will lose the mythic 4 if I upgrade it?

If so, wow, that just saved me wasting a ton of time in a quest I can't stand to upgrade it.
    It is not at all hard to find another envenomed blade to make epic, if you really want to keep the lvl 16 version with +4 mythic.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Do you know what work is being done or planned to phase out catch and release code/items?