Thread: Warpriest bugs

Default Warpriest bugs

So I created a pure 20 favored soul warsoul archer (with a little arcane archer and elf stuff) to test out how the warsoul abilities work; and I found a number of bugs. (Bugs aside; I now feel like there's enough useful things in warpriest/warsoul to reach each tier; which is a welcome change.)

1) Implacable Foe does not grant THP when you're at full health. (I was using the wisdom version of it)
    2) Ameliorating strike was not working at all. (with a bow at least)
    3) Divine vessel targets where your character is and not where you're attacking (not ideal with a bow) and appears to do single target damage even when you're in a group of enemies.

Smite weakness appears to be working with a ranged weapon.
    Radiant flourish does deal extra damage; it's not much extra; but it is extra.
    Wrathful weapons does work; although it has a low proc rate the extra damage isn't bad.

Divine vessel and divine intervention (even if they didn't have the bug listed above) are still way too hard to use effectively to be worth what they give.
    The core abilities could use a little love; core 2 turned into PRR instead of DR, core 3 active improved, core 5 effect made permanent.
    I was not able to test if they fixed ameliorating strike to work with sacred touch; since Ameliorating strike wasn't working at all.

So then I respecced and used the melee smite and I noticed that the Implacable Foe that uses strength does grant THP when you're at full health.
    Divine vessel still appears to be single target.
    Ameliorating strike is working for melee.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

1) I wasn't able to replicate this internally - The WIS version on a Favored Soul granted temporary hit points. It's possible one of the fixes we did to that ability didn't make it into Lamannia, we'll take a deeper look on our end.
    2) This is now fixed internally.
    3) Divine Vessel is changing to something a little different that we're still working on internally - This version should address all the concerns you have below. Will likely post about it in the relevant Official thread soon.

Thanks for taking the tree for a spin!
    Last edited by Steelstar; 06-21-2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: fixed a bad reference to "spell points" where I meant "temporary hit points".
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    2) This is now fixed internally.
    As you are doing Warpriest/soul pass is the bug fixed with Ameliorating strike in Age of Rage chain quest Quarantine I think. When you have to pacify the Enraged Citizens I think its the healing effect of the attack that can bug out the citizens and your force to have to restart as the quest will become uncompletable.

Not sure if anyone has bug reported this as I never got around to myself.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 06-21-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    As you are doing Warpriest/soul pass is the bug fixed with Ameliorating strike in Age of Rage chain quest Quarantine I think. When you have to pacify the Enraged Citizens I think its the healing effect of the attack that can bug out the citizens and your force to have to restart as the quest will become uncompletable.

We've tossed this over to QA but any other specific details people have would be useful and appreciated.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

1) I wasn't able to replicate this internally - The WIS version on a Favored Soul granted temporary hit points. It's possible one of the fixes we did to that ability didn't make it into Lamannia, we'll take a deeper look on our end.
    also had this same bug
    Argonnessen-S y n e r g i a-Fleetlex, Wilamber, Ifallalot, Lorimeyers, Particleman

We've tossed this over to QA but any other specific details people have would be useful and appreciated.
    My experience with Implacable Foe went something like this:

Step 1: Create new character, use NPC to level up to 21 and pick up the new named longbow from the loot dude in the dojo. Spend AP to get Implacable foe (the wisdom version) + other warsoul stuff + some elf stuff + some elf AA stuff.

Step 2: Activate Implacable Foe in the dojo; I see a visual swirlies effect; but I do not gain THP.

Step 3: Run through part of kobold's new ringleader; never take damage, Implacable foe still doesn't give me any THP.

Step 4: Go into the subteranne and fight some living spells. These guys can damage me (I'm nearly naked, just have a bow). I activate Implacable Foe while at half health; and it grants me +100 Temporary Health; when spells knock off that temperary health; it refreshes. After I kill the spell I heal back up to full (while Implacable foe is still active) and I lose the temporary health (Can't remember if it's immediate; or if it just doesn't refresh on the next tick of Implacable). Further testing leads me to believe that it's not a display error; the living spell hits me for full damage (none absorbed by THP) while I'm at full health and using Implacable Foe.

Step 5: I respec my character to be a melee favored soul with the strength version of Implacable Foe. I then activate it and notice +100 Temporary health immediately when I'm at full health.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Thanks for posting this, I had this bug pop up as well. We were not sure what it was causing it.

I was on a Druid and we ran it few times and had the bug happen until I stopped casting Spring's Resurgence after reading HuneyMunster post
    Seems the healing is causing a problem.
    Thelanis ~ Zoogar

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Please don't go the route you did with another heal that bugged out NPCs (I want to say Consecration/Sacred Ground, but I'm kind of mentally dead right now...) and just have it not affect NPCs. I already get irked when I remember that that healing doesn't affect NPCs (including hires and ones you have to guard) and I'd hate to lose Ameliorating Strikes healing NPCs to the same "fix".
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh