Community Member

Default Warchanter STR Base - Seeking Feedback

Deleted.
    Last edited by CrispyonInside; 06-19-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Pure Warchanter is weak melee DPS without Swashbuckling. See my Axesinger thread if you're committed to 2H weapons.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

You're really trying to pound a square peg into a round hole here. You've managed to pick quite possibly the worst class in DDO for a Strength-based THF build - you'd literally be better off choosing Sorcerer or Wizard with the details you've provided. It'll work for the first few levels, but you'll very quickly reach a point where you have anemic damage, virtually non-existent defenses and no control to make up for it. You can potentially make it a little better with multi-classing, but it would still be far from ideal.

In terms of your feats:

• Empower Healing - This isn't much use to a Bard. A Quicken'd CCW costs 30 SP, so adding Empower Healing raises this to 40 SP. The only way this is justified is if Empower Healing also increases your healing by 33%. This only occurs if you have less than 225 Positive spellpower - which can be easily achieved in heroic levels, much less epic ones.
    • Perfect Two-Handed Fighting - I'm not sure why you'd take this, but not take the standard THF feats. Perfect TWF is probably a better choice.
    • Scion of Earth - This seems like a bizarre choice. Bards don't have Acid spells, they don't get any special bonuses to Acid spellpower and you're not going to attack fast enough with THF to really make the additional damage proc pay out. Bards do have a few Conjuration spells, but not many - and they're certainly not key spells. The PRR is nice, but it's not a particularly large amount.

This is one of those approaches where I'd encourage you to break down exactly what you're trying to accomplish. Many times people get hung up on class labels when they really just want a certain playstyle or chooses that seem appropriate that actually aren't.

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by CrispyonInside; 06-19-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.