Community Member

Default Vistani Tempest Assassin

Hey all. I don't know if theres a build like this or not but ill tell you what i came up with. I thought of a centered dual dagger vistani t4 assasin t5 build that has all the twf feats, tempest extra offhand, extra offhand from vistani, extra crit and multipliers everywhere. So a dirty rough draft of the build is 11rogue6monk3ranger. 11rogue gets improved evasion or opportunist and 6d6 sneak dice. 6monk for monk stance for dex and doublestrike. 3 ranger is enough for free twf and 2nd tempest core for 10% offhand chance. What do you guys think?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

If you're taking the double daggers from t4 vistani and all 3 twf feats, you're already up to 100% off hand attacks, there's no reason to take it from the tempest tree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    If you're taking the double daggers from t4 vistani and all 3 twf feats, you're already up to 100% off hand attacks, there's no reason to take it from the tempest tree.
    Oh i was under the impression that we could land 3 strikes in one hit with stacked doublestrike. Sorry, i guess my hours in warframe can mess with my brain. So then i wont take core 2 tempest, i should use the points in the main 2 trees or even just allot the points into tempest still. I will eventually run something thru the character planner and post it here afterwards. Thank you for pointing that out.

Community Member

With the AP investment for T5 Assassin/T4 Vistani, I'm curious what Monk/Ranger are delivering that's better than simply taking the rest of the Assassin cores?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    With the AP investment for T5 Assassin/T4 Vistani, I'm curious what Monk/Ranger are delivering that's better than simply taking the rest of the Assassin cores?
    I would because first 2 are do make daggers dex to hit and dmg. 3rd one is last one i could take on this build

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flute136 View Post
    Oh i was under the impression that we could land 3 strikes in one hit with stacked doublestrike.
    TWF builds can land up to 4 hits with one attack: main hand, offhand, mainhand doublestrike, offhand doublestrike. However, the offhand and doublestrike proc chance gains nothing by going past 100%. So as stated, once you've got GTWF and Double Dagger, you have 100% offhand proc chance and there's no point in adding more from e.g. Tempest cores or Shintao Deft Strikes.

OTOH, the doublestrike bonus from Vistani and Tempest cores would stack, so that might help - though again, once you hit 100%, there's no point in adding more doublestrike.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by flute136 View Post
    I would because first 2 are do make daggers dex to hit and dmg. 3rd one is last one i could take on this build
    I would recommend dropping your multiclass to 18rog/2monk. You loose a lot of SA die by dropping so many rogue levels, and monk already has two trees with low tier goodies that would fit your build better.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    TWF builds can land up to 4 hits with one attack: main hand, offhand, mainhand doublestrike, offhand doublestrike. However, the offhand and doublestrike proc chance gains nothing by going past 100%. So as stated, once you've got GTWF and Double Dagger, you have 100% offhand proc chance and there's no point in adding more from e.g. Tempest cores or Shintao Deft Strikes.

OTOH, the doublestrike bonus from Vistani and Tempest cores would stack, so that might help - though again, once you hit 100%, there's no point in adding more doublestrike.
    Basically this. For a TR, not going past 20, I could see it being useful as you would probably get the benefit of the DS from the trees lower, then TR before you hit DS cap. If this is an endgame idea, then I would recommend 3 paths:

1) Pure rogue, capstone assassin (my current build). This will give access to the higher assassinate DC required for r10 play, along with the SA and dps boost that the capstone gives.

2) Pure rogue, VKF favored. If you go for VKF, you could still get assassinate, but you would be missing out on a lot of the benefits of T5 VKF, so I would recommend full VKF specc, with T4 assassin for DEX to dmg, assassin's trick, lethality, and the extra SA die.

3) 18 rog/ 2 monk multi for a centered dmg build. This would look very similar to #2, but with splashes on Shintao and Ninja trees for the goodies in there. It could still assassinate if you wanted, but it would most likely be very limited in its capability, and this build would be better focused for dps only, so again, I would recommend only up to T3/T4 assassin depending on how much AP you have left over.

Hope this helps

Rogue 13 / monk 6 would also be a solid split if you're willing to trade DPS (namely Lethality's +1 crit multiplier bonus) for Shadow Veil (25% Incorpeality). Although with the recent buff to Shadowdancer (now has 60 Melee Power instead of 24 MP) and the nerf to Henshin (less MP in the cores), I would consider rog 18 / monk 2 running in SD to be preferable in epics.

A Tempest / Vistani split is tricky because the best aspect of Tempest is the tier-5 abilities, which (if combined with Vistani capstone) doesn't leave many APs for, well, anything.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    I would recommend dropping your multiclass to 18rog/2monk. You loose a lot of SA die by dropping so many rogue levels, and monk already has two trees with low tier goodies that would fit your build better.

Basically this. For a TR, not going past 20, I could see it being useful as you would probably get the benefit of the DS from the trees lower, then TR before you hit DS cap. If this is an endgame idea, then I would recommend 3 paths:

1) Pure rogue, capstone assassin (my current build). This will give access to the higher assassinate DC required for r10 play, along with the SA and dps boost that the capstone gives.

2) Pure rogue, VKF favored. If you go for VKF, you could still get assassinate, but you would be missing out on a lot of the benefits of T5 VKF, so I would recommend full VKF specc, with T4 assassin for DEX to dmg, assassin's trick, lethality, and the extra SA die.

3) 18 rog/ 2 monk multi for a centered dmg build. This would look very similar to #2, but with splashes on Shintao and Ninja trees for the goodies in there. It could still assassinate if you wanted, but it would most likely be very limited in its capability, and this build would be better focused for dps only, so again, I would recommend only up to T3/T4 assassin depending on how much AP you have left over.

Hope this helps
    I think i will try 18rog2monk as stated by unbongwah, you can get a sustained 15-20 x5 and that sounds tasty. Btw i will do halfling for racial life so i dont need the r10 capable build lol, but r1 at level capable to 20 i can do this build you think?
    Last edited by flute136; 05-29-2018 at 08:09 PM.

If you have Favored Soul, another option would be rog 18 / monk 1 / FvS 1 for access to Divine Will / Presence as an alternative to Harper's Know the Angles; the main advantage being the lower AP cost. If you're going 41 VKF (capstone) / 31 Assassin (Lethality) / 3 Acrobat (Fast Movement), that doesn't leave much wiggle room for other enhancements. OTOH, if going tier-5 Assassin + VKF capstone, that leaves approximately zero APs.

Community Member

If you have Favored Soul, another option would be rog 18 / monk 1 / FvS 1 for access to Divine Will / Presence as an alternative to Harper's Know the Angles; the main advantage being the lower AP cost. If you're going 41 VKF (capstone) / 31 Assassin (Lethality) / 3 Acrobat (Fast Movement), that doesn't leave much wiggle room for other enhancements. OTOH, if going tier-5 Assassin + VKF capstone, that leaves approximately zero APs.
    Ill probably go 2 monk for early evasion. I am doing halfling for pl so it doesnt have to be top tier just enough dmg and durability for r1 at level ir something like that.

Community Member

I like 18% run boost but how many does it actualy leave and where would you put them?

Rogue 13 / monk 6 would also be a solid split if you're willing to trade DPS (namely Lethality's +1 crit multiplier bonus) for Shadow Veil (25% Incorpeality). Although with the recent buff to Shadowdancer (now has 60 Melee Power instead of 24 MP) and the nerf to Henshin (less MP in the cores), I would consider rog 18 / monk 2 running in SD to be preferable in epics.

A Tempest / Vistani split is tricky because the best aspect of Tempest is the tier-5 abilities, which (if combined with Vistani capstone) doesn't leave many APs for, well, anything.
    SD is actually better until you get access to your draconic reinv weapon (for any assassin build). However, LD beats SD once you can recharge your boosts - SD does close the gap in raids where its a toss up provided nobody else is running in SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.