Associate Technical Animator
    Customer Service Manager
    Customer Service Representative
    Software Engineer, Tools
    Game Designer Content (DDO)
    Game Designer Systems (DDO)
    Game Designer Content (LOTRO)
    Game Designer Systems (LOTRO)

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Downsides:

Boston drivers
    Boston winters
    Boston toll roads

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Downsides:

Boston drivers
    Boston winters
    Boston toll roads

Needham is on 95 and is a toll free road. It really depends how one gets there.
    Also, I believe they are all working from home right now from the videos.

Interestingly, they are all using private tools to develop/design the dungeons.... and willing to learn that tool.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Needham is on 95 and is a toll free road. ...
    I just remember trying to get back to our hotel from the Harbor. Every street seemed to try throwing us onto toll roads. Lol.

Interestingly, they are all using private tools to develop/design the dungeons.... and willing to learn that tool.
    Yeah, I tease about the area, but 20 years ago before I forgot everything I learned - game designing was the reason I got my programming degree in the first place. Wasted piece of paper now even with the Magna <filtered> Laude cords curled up next to it.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Downsides:

Boston drivers
    Boston winters
    Boston toll roads

While Boston Drivers covers it some, it doesn't go deep enough to cover BOSTON TRAFFIC! I just had to drive down to Wilmington yesterday from central NH, and yikes I forgot how bad non-rush hour traffic could be... I got out as quickly as I could before the Rush Hour traffic hit... and Wilmington isn't really Boston yet... No, I'd rather not deal with that daily.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/career...=massachusetts

Associate Technical Animator
    Customer Service Manager
    Software Engineer, Tools
    Game Designer Content (DDO)
    Game Designer Systems (DDO)
    Game Designer Content (LOTRO)
    Game Designer Systems (LOTRO)
    So the new miniexpansion is selling well... xD

If you can your development team right at or prior to the release of content... greed is most likely the reason. I mean why pay royalties to salary workers right?
    -Murica

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/career...=massachusetts

Customer Service Manager
    Good luck, then again with the state that in game support is right now it should be easy to show dramatic improvements in a short timeframe. Hell close 2 tickets when someone's actually online to help them with it and you have already doubled your quarterly KPI targets.

Also, not actually joking, but I wonder if these are net-new positions or replacement hiring's. They feel like net-new to me. Hopefully it's a sign of Daybreak not wanting the name of their IP dragged through the mud on the regular.

I used to be a big supporter of the DM group but I don't think I have had an actual ticket replied while I am online in years now and I have waited hours during "prime time" for it, yet it always seems to get closed within a couple hours of me logging off no matter how long I stay logged in.

Big hint here to the Manager. Don't allow a "user not online" result = a completed ticket. Also the "how long to first response" and "how long to close" have to be KPI's that directly effect Performance Management.

I honestly believe that the way KPI's are measured there right now there is an incentive to their support staff to wait for the user to logoff. I expect their KPI's are close rate and time open from first contact. Both of which are easy to make high if you wait until the user is offline to pick up the ticket and then close it in under a couple minutes with the boilerplate of "you need to be online". it's sad and I hope that LOTRO at least has better replies but I suspect it's not all that much better and the issue isn't a case of most resources put into the bigger money maker and more an issue of there's almost no resources.
    “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

Woo it's been 15 years but they're finally going to hire someone for customer support.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Guardiest guarder of guard-dom Yokido's Avatar

@SSG

Sincere offer here, I've got over 8 years of customer service (via phone) experience and a decade of experience with DDO. I'd work for peanuts for my favorite game, so PM me if you see this devs.

Sincerely,
    Yokido

You'd figure Customer Support (DM) could be a remote position. Why do they need to be in Needham?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    @SSG

Sincere offer here, I've got over 8 years of customer service (via phone) experience and a decade of experience with DDO. I'd work for peanuts for my favorite game, so PM me if you see this devs.

Sincerely,
    Yokido
    If you want to be taken seriously, go through the proper channels. Attempting to communicate re formal job application &c… through the forums will do nothing but damage your reputation and first impression. They’ll most likely think “Clearly this person’t doesn’t take this seriously, otherwise they would have made more of an effort than a Twitter comment.”

If I were you, I’d delete your post, and start working on your CV and cover letter instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    If you want to be taken seriously, go through the proper channels. Attempting to communicate re formal job application &c… through the forums will do nothing but damage your reputation and first impression. They’ll most likely think “Clearly this person’t doesn’t take this seriously, otherwise they would have made more of an effort than a Twitter comment.”

If I were you, I’d delete your post, and start working on your CV and cover letter instead.

Its great that they are expanding the team. Costumer Reps are sorely needed.

That being said, I´m still amazed that Cover letters are still a thing. (Specially in IT & Gaming Business) - I conduct Interviews for positions frequently and I haven´t seen one in Ages.

Guardiest guarder of guard-dom Yokido's Avatar

@Evean

I respect businesses that're willing to drop traditions and formalities when they aren't necessary.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feltharen View Post
    Its great that they are expanding the team. Costumer Reps are sorely needed.

That being said, I´m still amazed that Cover letters are still a thing. (Specially in IT & Gaming Business) - I conduct Interviews for positions frequently and I haven´t seen one in Ages.
    I hope you aren’t hiring people for editorial work.
    Last edited by Evean; 07-30-2021 at 02:20 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    @Evean

I respect businesses that're willing to drop traditions and formalities when they aren't necessary.
    It’s been a while, but I’m pretty sure the application process is one of those contexts where a certain degree of formality is still a thing. And unless I’ve gone completely ’round the bend, and no longer understand the linear flow of time, I’m confident first impressions are still a thing.

Best of luck to you!

Staggering
    Pale Fox

It’s been a while, but I’m pretty sure the application process is one of those contexts where a certain degree of formality is still a thing. And unless I’ve gone completely ’round the bend, and no longer understand the linear flow of time, I’m confident first impressions are still a thing.

Best of luck to you!
    The first impression that I got was one of eagerness, a virtue recruiters are looking for first.
    That the recruiter isn't looking on this forum and this thread specifically is more likely.

What I get out of the communication of SSG is that there is room for informal and modern ways off applying for the vacancies.
    If it wasn't then Cordo would have worn a suit while streaming out of a studio and making a formal announcement that SSG is looking to hire and would go through each open position. Now, I'm one of the regular watchers of his streams and I can tell you that its nothing like that and the openings where mentioned casually and something along the lines that more about that at a later time/place.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The first impression that I got was one of eagerness, a virtue recruiters are looking for first.
    You’re conflating enthusiasm with a lack of professionalism.

Do employers like enthusiasm? Yes.

Do you bathe and wear clean clothes for an interview? Yes.

That the recruiter isn't looking on this forum and this thread specifically is more likely.
    Moot. The fact that SSG may or may not be looking here has nothing to do with discussing the importance of professionalism when applying for a job. Additionally, the communication here was intentionally directed towards them.

What I get out of the communication of SSG is that there is room for informal and modern ways off applying for the vacancies.
    I don’t understand this sentence. Can you please explain? I’m genuinely interested in (frightened by) how C19 vaccines may be of relevance.

If it wasn't then Cordo would have worn a suit while streaming out of a studio and making a formal announcement that SSG is looking to hire and would go through each open position. Now, I'm one of the regular watchers of his streams and I can tell you that its nothing like that and the openings where mentioned casually and something along the lines that more about that at a later time/place.
    Moot. While Cordovan’s attire and behaviour during a livestream may be a valid indicator of the corporate culture at SSG, Cordovan’s livestream isn’t the same thing as a job interview. Different rules apply.

This is a great example of “the road to hell is paved with good attentions.” It’s laudable when one defends another. However, if a hypothetical son or daughter went to a job interview late, smelling bad, with holes in their jeans (because they thought the employer would appreciate their casual, down-to-earth approach to life), the parent would be doing more harm than good by saying “You’re perfect the way you are! Anyone that disagrees with you is a bully! Don’t you change!” If the parent genuinely cared for the child, they would help them understand how their behaviour was inappropriate, and help them understand how better to achieve their goals. Think carefully about what you’re defending.
    Last edited by Evean; 07-30-2021 at 10:37 AM.

I don’t understand this sentence. Can you please explain? I’m genuinely interested in (frightened by) how C19 vaccines may be of relevance.
    Please re-read the sentence you quoted from LightBear, he did not mention vaccines.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

I'm sure this is good news.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast