Community Member

Default DDO Wiki ___ errors : (

All day I have been seeing Errors on the Wiki like…

Named Chest Drop
    Extension: DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Warning: No results.

Also the Monsters are not filling in as they once did.
    I even tried to refresh the link.. .then getting this…
    The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 00:20:20 cache updated, time elapsed = -0.58068203926086 (please, do not keep reloading this page unless necessary, since it will not load from the cache, it will be re-generated from scratch every time, putting excessive additional load on the server).

Two examples for this issue can be see below….

Secret of the Slavers' Stockade
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Secret_of_th...rs%27_Stockade

No Loot is showing up.... only the above error.
    For the Monsters all I now see is…
    Blackthorn
    Icar
    Kairn
    Hobgoblin Slaver

Slave Pits of the Undercity

http://ddowiki.com/index.php?DPL_off..._the_Undercity

Has the same Error for the Named Chest Drop AND the only monsters show are…
    Slaver Cohort
    Slaver Deadeye
    Voracious Ghast

Hope this can be fixed : )

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    Two examples for this issue can be see below….

Secret of the Slavers' Stockade
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Secret_of_th...rs%27_Stockade[

No Loot is showing up.... only the above error.
    For the Monsters all I now see is…
    Blackthorn
    Icar
    Kairn
    Hobgoblin Slaver
    Thanks for the heads up.

Seems the auto-fill for named items and monsters is borked.

Usually happens when someone is tinkering w/ a template and makes a typo "somewhere" along the line. Easy to do, harder to find afterward.

Default Wai

I've fixed the named items issue. The template was adjusted to be more versatile and in doing so, some of the more specifically configured template invocations became overcomplicated. Let me know (preferably in Discord) if there are any other pages where named items aren't working and I'll go in and fix it by replacing:
    Code:
     | category = Category:...
    with:
    Code:
     | category = ...
    As for the monsters, the tables correctly show the monster pages that indicate said monster is in quest. If you look at Category:Monsters in Secret of the Slavers' Stockade you will see there are four monsters in the table and four in the category. Any monsters that are missing from the category need someone to go to the monster's wiki page, such as Grey Rat, and add a line in the template, such as:
    Code:
      | habitat2     = Secret of the Slavers' Stockade
    where habitat2 is the next incremental number; or possibly even create the page from scratch because no page for the monster exists - simply copy and paste:
    Code:
    {{Monster
      | image        = 
      | type         = 
      | race         = 
      | sub-race     = 
      | MM type      = 
      | alignment    = 
      | cr           = <!-- {{Xpcolors|normal=|hard=|elite=|enormal=|ehard=|eelite=}} -->
      | named        = No <!-- Options: No / Yes -->
      | boss         = No <!-- Options: No / Orange / Red / Purple -->
      | color        = No <!-- Options: No / Yellow (named only) / Orange / Red -->
      | rare         = No <!-- Options: No / Yes (This will let us know if this is a monster that always spawns or not) -->
      | attack       = <!-- (Slashing/Bludgeoning/Piercing) - List its damage types and melee/ranged related weapon/special attacks -->
      | qualities    = <!-- List its special defenses (resistances, immunities, and magic related special attacks) -->
      | organization = 
      | habitat1     = 
      | hnote1       = 
      | habitat2     = <!-- additional habitat# parameters can be used -->
      | hnote2       = <!-- additional hnote# parameters can be used as needed -->
      | saying1      = 
      | saying2      = <!-- additional saying# parameters can be used -->
      | description  = 
    }}
    per the documentation on Template:Monster onto the monster page with any appropriate information filled in. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    er the documentation on Template:Monster onto the monster page with any appropriate information filled in. Thanks!
    thanks Shoe!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

+1
    On it, thx!

Community Member

Cool DDO Wiki ROCKS ! ! !

Thanks for the fix…. I see the Named Items now and understand that some of the Bosses / Monsters have not been entered yet : )

Please NOTE… if it was not for this DDO Wiki my friends and I, all V.I.P., would not be playing DDO for as log as we have been.

It is ONLY because of the Wiki that we are able to plan out what stores we are going to try next.

THIS IS one of the best tools / Wiki for any game we have seen!

In fact, I think we spend more time on / in the Wiki then playing the game… hehe
    Nice layout, easy to read and easy to navigate!

The ability to plan builds and get an idea of what Quest is like is amazing.
    Then the maps and or Spoilers are there only if needed to get past harder areas.
    For our campaigns we are able to fit DDO into our Role-playing style ONLY because of the information given for the Quests on the Wiki. The Overview and Objectives listings are of so much help to us.

One example is, in the campaign we are playing now, all Rogues, we try to be as stealthily as possible, that means we do not want an Aggression Bonus; having a heads-up on that number makes the game so much more enjoyable. Because of this Wiki we are able to plan just how many Foes we can kill safely without failing in our goal.

THANKS SO MUCH for keeping it running : )

/salute

Community Member

Exclamation DDOWiki sporadic responsiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    THIS IS one of the best tools / Wiki for any game we have seen!
    I agree.

However, for the past 12-14 hours, I've been getting this message most (not all) of the time when I try to access the wiki:

This page isn’t working
    ddowiki.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Thanks for the heads up!

The powers that be are on it - but (and this is not your fault!) that particular code is not one of the more specifically informative ones...

o https://www.google.com/search?client...http+error+500