Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default First Gold Roll Since The Changes

Got a 99 today (have had a couple other 99s and 100s), and got this nice drop. Had no idea you could get cosmetics. Take that, gambling laws!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    a 10000
    *twitch*

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapco View Post
    *twitch*
    Agreed, "A 10,000 Experience Point gem" would be preferable.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

Okay, I have questions.

Spiral Turquoise robe is no longer a cosmetic available in the store and hasn't been for years.

Is it the BTItem one use old-style cosmetic kit? Or has it been converted into the new BTA equippable/share-able type cosmetic item?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post

Okay, I have questions.

Spiral Turquoise robe is no longer a cosmetic available in the store and hasn't been for years.

Is it the BTItem one use old-style cosmetic kit? Or has it been converted into the new BTA equippable/share-able type cosmetic item?
    HAH! Aelonwy, I thought of you specifically when this popped up. Here's the screen info. I have several of the old versions of cosmetics on various outfits, and this is the new version of cosmetics.

Community Member

If you check the daily dice gold roll categories, both "rare items" (97-99) and "ultra rare items" (100) include a bonus cosmetic or pet every time. The cosmetics are all the new BTA, cosmetic slot type. I've mostly seen people pull armor skins, but also a Thinking Cap.
    Last edited by GotSomeQuestions; 05-03-2018 at 08:46 AM.

I am frustrated. I absolutely will NOT gamble money for a chance to acquire a random cosmetic but I would be more than willing to spend money to support the game to select and purchase the cosmetics I want for my characters.

So I've been asking for years for them to bring back and convert the Turquoise/Lavender spiral cosmetics to the new BTA variety and they finally do so... but corrupt-a-wish style they are currently only available via gold daily dice?!

I do not have warm fuzzy feelings about this... >
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Maybe by pointing this out to the store-powers-that-be, we can get them to take a fresh look at the cosmetics and see which ones are not in the store, but are the new format... and then add them!

Community Manager

I have done some digging today into this. I apologize that this did not get specifically called out in the Update 38 Patch 1 Release Notes. I was not aware this change had been made, so that is why they did not get added to the list of things added in Daily Dice in the release notes.

Okay, I have questions.

After speaking with some folks, I can confirm that we have taken a number of the old "potion-style" cosmetic kits that have not been available for some time, converted them into new cosmetic-slot-capable items, and added them to the Gold Daily Dice table. I will work to get the current list available, but the intention is to take most of the currently-unavailable older armor kits and convert the ones that are not compatible with the newer system to make them compatible. They are currently only available in Daily Dice, but we will consider adding them to the DDO Store as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    If you check the daily dice gold roll categories, both "rare items" (97-99) and "ultra rare items" (100) include a bonus cosmetic or pet every time. The cosmetics are all the new BTA, cosmetic slot type. I've mostly seen people pull armor skins, but also a Thinking Cap.
    This is correct.

Maybe by pointing this out to the store-powers-that-be, we can get them to take a fresh look at the cosmetics and see which ones are not in the store, but are the new format... and then add them!
    This is the plan! It has taken a while to make this happen, but we have started doing this work.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    They are currently only available in Daily Dice, but we will consider adding them to the DDO Store as well.

This is the plan! It has taken a while to make this happen, but we have started doing this work.
    Much appreciated!

After speaking with some folks, I can confirm that we have taken a number of the old "potion-style" cosmetic kits that have not been available for some time, converted them into new cosmetic-slot-capable items, and added them to the Gold Daily Dice table. I will work to get the current list available, but the intention is to take most of the currently-unavailable older armor kits and convert the ones that are not compatible with the newer system to make them compatible. They are currently only available in Daily Dice, but we will consider adding them to the DDO Store as well.
    Seems weird that they'd be only in the daily dice after getting turned into the new style. I assume textures and mapping on races and not color is the tough part of the new items. If you really feel you have to keep unique items in the daily dice maybe compromise by putting a few colors of each style added in the store and one unique color of that style for the daily dice roll?
    Casual DDOaholic

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Thanks Cordovan

So basically DD just has early release on the store :P I don't mind that. Good luck everyone on your pulls!
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Bring back "Beast" with the big evil face on the torso !!
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

... They are currently only available in Daily Dice, but we will consider adding them to the DDO Store as well. ...
    Is the code/design for the Spider Outfit incentive from MotU pre-order (iirc) available for conversion?** If not, maybe a re-make of something similar?

It was my own fault letting a RL distraction and mouse issue cause the destruction of my old (also now irreplacable) armor with that kit applied, so I'd be willing to rebuy a similar design.

This one:

**-I know I've gotten a reply on this in the ancient past, but don't recall if it was totally impossible because the code didn't exist any more, or if it was just a "we don't plan to do that' sort of thing.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 05-03-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

I haven't gotten anything with gold rolls yet, and I'm most likely not going to spend shards to get this stuff. It's pretty good stuff though and the update to daily dice appreciated.

I am frustrated. I absolutely will NOT gamble money for a chance to acquire a random cosmetic but I would be more than willing to spend money to support the game to select and purchase the cosmetics I want for my characters.

So I've been asking for years for them to bring back and convert the Turquoise/Lavender spiral cosmetics to the new BTA variety and they finally do so... but corrupt-a-wish style they are currently only available via gold daily dice?!

I do not have warm fuzzy feelings about this... >
    I hope all your DDO cosmetic dreams come true. I think it's highly likely this stuff is added to the store at some point. There is absolutely zero reason why it shouldn't be. It's just cosmetic.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

After speaking with some folks, I can confirm that we have taken a number of the old "potion-style" cosmetic kits that have not been available for some time, converted them into new cosmetic-slot-capable items, and added them to the Gold Daily Dice table.

I will work to get the current list available, but the intention is to take most of the currently-unavailable older armor kits and convert the ones that are not compatible with the newer system to make them compatible.
    YAAAAAASSSSS!

They are currently only available in Daily Dice, but we will consider adding them to the DDO Store as well.
    Please do add them to the DDO store.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    Its not Beast but I lucked into this random generated Celestial halfplate that looks an awful lot like a combination of Beast Violet and Drow Hunter's Armor (pictured on the left).

18. 05-04-2018, 01:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Is the code/design for the Spider Outfit incentive from MotU pre-order (iirc) available for conversion?** If not, maybe a re-make of something similar?

It was my own fault letting a RL distraction and mouse issue cause the destruction of my old (also now irreplacable) armor with that kit applied, so I'd be willing to rebuy a similar design.

This one:

**-I know I've gotten a reply on this in the ancient past, but don't recall if it was totally impossible because the code didn't exist any more, or if it was just a "we don't plan to do that' sort of thing.
    Similar to this:
    https://imgur.com/a/rzWxSNF
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

This one:

I have an old piece of armor (Usless now) that I put an armor kit on back when armor kits first came out. I don't use it any more because...well...its useless. I wonder if I could use a Mirror of Glammering on that?
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    Unless we are talking about two different things, the Beast cosmetic armors are currently available in the DDO Store.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast