Community Member

Default Bear and wolf form gives extra damage, but can't find reason

Hello

I tried something - lesser reincarnated a perfectly good build - and now im stuck with a gimp and have to reincarnate again.

But the weird thing is the damage displayed in the inventory tab. I am currently level 11 - 6 druid 5 monk. When i am not in animal forms it shows: 1.8[2d6]+33 in the tab. I have 8 in melee power and 9 in doublestrike.

When i switch to either bear or wolf it shows 1.8[2d6]+40 and i have 21 in doublestrike and 20 in melee power.

I have 3 times natural fighting.

But no matter how i look at it i can't get my head around why bear or wolf form gives extra damage?

I thought perhaps the melee power is added before it is displayed so i did 33/1.08*1.2=36.67 so this does not add up either.

I am not using power attack at all as i simply don't have the feat.

I also checked my enhancements and i only have 6 points in natures protector to get the stance. So no added damage from changing from here...

Can anybody help me solve this conundrum?

Community Member

Do you have Nature's Warrior and Fight enhancements?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    It is double counting the enhancement bonus on your weapon.

Community Member

@GeoffWatson: No. The rest of my enhancements are in monk things.

@Tilomere: I am using stave of the seer which have an enhancement bonus of 4. So it should go from 33 to 41. This might be some weird round off error. But if this is the case do you know if it is WAI or a bug?

Thanks for your replies.

Community Member

@Tilomere: Ok so i just checked again. I forgot i had +3 enhancement bonus to weapons from epic past lives. So this gives the stave of the seer +7 enhancement and everything Tilomere said adds up.

Default why ask?

I wouldnt complain if you get extra damage in forms ,great!! More damage is always better !!! IDK just throwingit out there..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Hello

I tried something - lesser reincarnated a perfectly good build - and now im stuck with a gimp and have to reincarnate again.

But the weird thing is the damage displayed in the inventory tab. I am currently level 11 - 6 druid 5 monk. When i am not in animal forms it shows: 1.8[2d6]+33 in the tab. I have 8 in melee power and 9 in doublestrike.

When i switch to either bear or wolf it shows 1.8[2d6]+40 and i have 21 in doublestrike and 20 in melee power.

I have 3 times natural fighting.

But no matter how i look at it i can't get my head around why bear or wolf form gives extra damage?

I thought perhaps the melee power is added before it is displayed so i did 33/1.08*1.2=36.67 so this does not add up either.

I am not using power attack at all as i simply don't have the feat.

I also checked my enhancements and i only have 6 points in natures protector to get the stance. So no added damage from changing from here...

Is it accounting for the melee power?

1.8[2d6]+33

33 * .2 = 6.6, rounded up = 7, +33 = 40 (1.8[2d6]+40)