Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Some Easter Eggs from Update 38

Hello!

We've been asking the developers of Update 38: Disciples of Rage to let us in on a few secrets.

Night Falls of Stormreach

• It is possible to quiet the rioters without hurting them! This will even get you additional Quest XP.
    • There are multiple rooftop "picnic spots" in this quest!
    • Have you found the "Kobold This Way" graffiti? Talked to the character it leads to?
    • The Harbor beacon changes based on your progress in this adventure pack.

The Madness of Crowds

• Have you figured out what appeasing all of the gods in this quest does?
    • Besides Brawnpits, there is another old friend you can meet in this quest. Do you know who it is?
    • We have a reference to a prominent group of forum posters in this quest.

Toxic Treatment

• Have you found the Standing Stone Games logo in this quest?
    • Have you pushed the button? Found a way to disable the traps AFTER pushing the button?
    Last edited by Cordovan; 05-01-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

prominent group of forum posters

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y!)?highlight=

Pretty much everything covered... except where is the dratted Mithral Lock in Toxic Treatment?! Does it even exist?

Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Madness of Crowds questions are the only ones I can answer because it's the only quest I've repeated. It's a pretty good one after I had a less than stellar first impression. I repeated it because I like the loot in the quest, but I learned to really like the more I did it. I spent forever trying to find the last altar and it was near the start right next to the giant statue HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. I laughed because I ran right by it probably 20 times. Similar thing happened with Brawnpits the first time I ran the quest.

I really dig how non-linear it is. The altars are a nice touch. The fight with the two drow factions is a nice touch. Lots of cool things going on in this one. There's still something or somethings I haven't done in this quest yet but I don't remember what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Madness of Crowds questions are the only ones I can answer because it's the only quest I've repeated. It's a pretty good one after I had a less than stellar first impression. I repeated it because I like the loot in the quest, but I learned to really like the more I did it. I spent forever trying to find the last altar and it was near the start right next to the giant statue HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. I laughed because I ran right by it probably 20 times. Similar thing happened with Brawnpits the first time I ran the quest.

I really dig how non-linear it is. The altars are a nice touch. The fight with the two drow factions is a nice touch. Lots of cool things going on in this one. There's still something or somethings I haven't done in this quest yet but I don't remember what they are.
    Agree on this. Quests that win the more you play them.
    Hopefully they add a saga after p2 of them and this will
    Be a nice and longlived update :-) (same for mines imho- really need a saga
    Somehow)

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post

Madness of Crowds is definitely my favorite in the chain, most of the quests that are my favorites are usually the ones that include optionals that are more than just "Get xp and loot" but have an additional effect in the quest that gives you an edge, giving more incentive for players to get it properly.

Which is why I also like quests such as Partycrashers or optionals like the giantish device in Curse the Sky.

Other favorite quests are anything with hilarious lines, usually those Xoriat-related.
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hello!

We've been asking the developers of Update 38: Disciples of Rage to let us in on a few secrets.

• It is possible to quiet the rioters without hurting them! This will even get you additional Quest XP.
      Didn't care, i was capped.
    • There are multiple rooftop "picnic spots" in this quest!
    • Have you found the "Kobold This Way" graffiti? Talked to the character it leads to?
    • The Harbor beacon changes based on your progress in this adventure pack.

And it looks terrible, you can't even see the harbor

The Madness of Crowds

It wasted our time.
    • Besides Brawnpits, there is another old friend you can meet in this quest. Do you know who it is?
    • We have a reference to a prominent group of forum posters in this quest.

Toxic Treatment

• Have you found the Standing Stone Games logo in this quest?
    • Have you pushed the button? Found a way to disable the traps AFTER pushing the button?
    As for the rest, due to the poor state of melees, the breakneck speed required to zerg past lives and the terrible ballance issues, most of my groups had no time to flower sniff.

Is there a dev working on bug fixes? Are people getting the help they require in game (lost bank goods, lost tomes, etc)
    Are the issues with the older melee classes recognised and getting fixed?
    Is there a dev working on a much needed barb pass? Because i rather hear of those devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    As for the rest, due to the poor state of melees, the breakneck speed required to zerg past lives and the terrible ballance issues, most of my groups had no time to flower sniff.

Is there a dev working on bug fixes? Are people getting the help they require in game (lost bank goods, lost tomes, etc)
    Are the issues with the older melee classes recognised and getting fixed?
    Is there a dev working on a much needed barb pass? Because i rather hear of those devs.

Barbarians are great as they are, please don't change them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    Barbs are good right now, melee is awesome. It does take some skill to play however.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Ooh, can I join in the salt parade?

Here's my addition:

My favorite Easter Egg in U38 was how well they hid the fun in the new quests. Still looking for it.

BAZINGA.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

oh! Will need to wonder back in. Found the graffiti on the rooftops, if I recall, but did not follow it!

Ionna was an obvious one in the Brawnpits quest but I did not get the gate open. I have failed many of the shrine queations, pathetically—might need a cheat sheet...

What is meant by picnic spots? I found the one chair with bottles around it.

edit: so that list constitutes ‘some’ of the hidden things...
    Last edited by Saekee; 05-03-2018 at 06:37 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Default Spoiler

So as to make it less of a spoiler, here are the three images related to the kobold graffiti, posted as links instead of direct images:

https://i.imgur.com/oaOKMK3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6Z1PAtI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uDifjr3.jpg

The dialogue box is quite funny...

For quelling the crowds, that is through Fred in the tavern.

Seems like the picnic spots are various tables up above the rooftops with occasional gang members and, yes, the throne chair optional
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hello!
    Hi! *waves*

• It is possible to quiet the rioters without hurting them!
    Yup, love this.
    Have you found the "Kobold This Way" graffiti? Talked to the character it leads to?
    Sure did. Thought that was great.

The Madness of Crowds

Yes, and it's also a nice touch. Changes the enemy/ally status of some of the creatures in the area, and changes how the end fight plays out. *approves*

Toxic Treatment

yup. ^_^
    Last edited by vryxnr; 05-09-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    Barbarians and Paladins are far behind the dps scale. Barbarians should be top tier damage class but they arn't. You might as well roll up a monk or let alone a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    except where is the dratted Mithral Lock in Toxic Treatment?! Does it even exist?
    It's been a year! Did anyone find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Not that I am aware of... and I've run this quest now upwards of 30 times across all my characters. It was brought up multiple times on the forums and to Cordovan as well on Weekly Wednesdays livestreams. At first his response was the dev that put in says its there, then later it was when we get the time, we'll take a look and then eventually he just stopped responding to questions about the Mithril Lock.

Wiki still has it posted as bug and a lie.

At this point we just need to /shrug and consider it another one of those forgotten DDO loose ends, that they might get around to fixing... years from now. After all, Shrieking Mines did eventually get its second beholder and that optional finally completes now.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Another year!

Anyone find it yet?

No one ever found it. It doesn't exist. And fixing it is NOT a priority. As with many loose ends we'll have to wait until some dev develops a pet peeve about it for it to change.

i vote for renaming it "the trolling lock" and that's it. no debugging.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Another year!

Anyone find it yet?
    2 more years!

I have yet to find it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast