Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Well done Sam-u-r-eye !

Very well done. And great thread!

I don't always play arty.

Spell absorbtion is key. Along with spells of course.

I roll with spell absorb on and hot swap when charges get low or out. I put my cloak on the hot bar to monitor charges and then switch to trinket. Trinket slot is also a swap slot for me as well.

Too bad I can only give a +1

For the rocket tag of r10, spell absorb become hit points.
    Last edited by Sam-u-r-eye; 10-06-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

I picked up an lgs dust stick for magic missleing bosses with juicy -35 PRr. I highly recommend getting one so your DPS friends can focus on cooldowns

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    I picked up an lgs dust stick for magic missleing bosses with juicy -35 PRr. I highly recommend getting one so your DPS friends can focus on cooldowns
    I run one on my main that's currently assassin rogue, one on a pure FvS (daggers with Suffering main hand), and even my uber raid healer FvS has a Dust dagger offhand that's applied by the archon. Dust is amazingly powerful but most people haven't figured it out yet or are just casual like the peeps on my server.

SOUL SPLITTER/SHARN UPDATE:

I have switched from a DC build to a damage build. This is a brief update on what I've done. The old build is fundamentally different in its approach to R10 than what I am running now. Almost all of the gear has been overhauled, but several things remain constant.

1. Spell absorb is valuable and you should be able to swap to it.
    2. Off-hand LGS is excellent. (Unless you are committing to Reflection of Wave.)

~~~
    ~~~
    Gear
    ~~~
    ~~~

Lets start with what we are taking off. Slave lords. Slave lords requires 5 pieces, while sharn gear requires 3 pieces for a similar bonus. I do not recommend Flamecleansed Fury set over Esoteric Initiate set, for Fire nukers or DC casters. Flamecleansed Fury uses a cloak and you do NOT want to be giving up DCs if you are going for spell absorb on Jeweled Cloak, Phiarlian Mirror cloak, and Mantle of the Worldshapper. That said, the Medium armor set has a sizable MRR bonus---which is superior if you're running stuff with unavoidable fire damage like THTH on elite. (Even on hard THTH, you can easily stack enough fire absorb to take agro of the boss---assuming you're running at least the first core of deflect arrows from Eldritch Knight.)

Esoteric means we are committed to three pieces:
    Armour: Legendary Order's Garb
    Goggles: Legendary Dusk Lens, or Attunement's Gaze
    Bracers: Legendary Aetherband

Because we are a nuker build, we are going to commit to the ravenloft belt which gives a stacking 200 spellpower:
    Belt: Legendary Burnscar Sash, or Legendary Thrummingspark Cord

A this point we are missing insightful CHA and quality CHA, we also want the great +2 profane DC bonus on the new Sharn ring. We can't use the Sharn belt for +5 Cha because the Ravenloft belt gives that fat stacking spellpower:
    Ring1: The Legendary Shattered Onyx (Insightful Cha 10 crafted)
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers (Quality 5 Cha crafted)

We're still missing +2 quality bonus to DCs, so we're going to commit to Sigil of Regalport as our artifact
    Neck: Sigil of Regalport

We're still missing a CON item and some LGS for Crit Multiplier. We're also missing healing amp and insightful/quality CON, and our profane stats bonus.
    Ring2: Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring (Constitution 21 crafted)
    Cloak: LGS (Crit damage water crafted) -> swap for spell absorb
    Gloves: LGS (Crit damage water crafted) -> swap for spell absorb. GLOVES FROM THTH
    Trinket: Fire absorb, Insightful 7 Con, Healing Amp 61 -> swap for spell absorb

Lastly
    Helm: whatever +2 reaper stat bonus you have, or a Panosophic Circlet for Potency.

~~

For weapons you have 2 options depending on your Savant. Having played all the savants since the Draconic pass, I think Fire and Water are ahead of Air, and all ahead of Acid significantly. Acid spells have and inherently lower damage dice and they split their DCs across conjuration and evocation.

Primarily I reccomend Nightmothers mainhand with an LGS or Spiral swap (for critchance) in the offhand. Swaps include Ash, Affirmation (healing AMP), and Vulnerability.

If you are going Water (which is the best domain in my opinion) then you are going to be committing to the Killing Time upgraded version of Wave. This means you are losing the DC / Insightful DC bonus off of nightmothers. For this reason, you NEED the attunement's gaze from Project Nemesis. Reflection of Wave gives 5 caster levels to your Eburst and Dragonbreath. That's a DPS increase of at least 12%.

~~~
    ~~~
    Destiny and Feats
    ~~~
    ~~~

Draconic Incarnation is superior now because of Dragonbreath is now useable more than 5 times per rest. It's basically a second eburst AND we get to use relevant metamagics on these abilities. They can easily hit for 40k+ on EE if you buff them which means they can hit for ~6k before helpless on r10.

Take enlarge for the love of god. That's all I'll say on feats and for this update atm...

~~~
    ~~~
    Spell Selection
    ~~~
    ~~~

... ... ...
    Last edited by Sam-u-r-eye; 09-22-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Community Member

Default Looks like the proposed U48.4 changes will require some rework?

Think you'll revisit this thread after they are out?

Community Member

Sorc wont change much with the pass, it will still stay strong, you can make it the best dc caster which it excels at to be a fascinating trash control/killer.
    Possible change is that people will go back to ice sorc.

Best situation is a duo combo with druid, as druid and sorc cover each others weakness brilliantly.

So dragonborn sorc hybrid with dc casting/ice and a druid shifter with ice/positive will based on current lama notes be a really fun duo.

In short that duo since ice druid was irrelelevant before this change will be slightly ahead of what it is at now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kebtid View Post
    Sorc wont change much with the pass, it will still stay strong, you can make it the best dc caster which it excels at to be a fascinating trash control/killer.
    Possible change is that people will go back to ice sorc.

Best situation is a duo combo with druid, as druid and sorc cover each others weakness brilliantly.

So dragonborn sorc hybrid with dc casting/ice and a druid shifter with ice/positive will based on current lama notes be a really fun duo.

In short that duo since ice druid was irrelelevant before this change will be slightly ahead of what it is at now.
    I'm thinking it is still viable as well, was just wondering from the perspective of the last shift of thought around the Soul Splitter release aligning to more of a nuker focus, if moving more toward the original focus of the build from the OP might be what a lot of people would be thinking about. I've been set up more like what Sam-u-r-eye had for the Sharn updates up to now. Maybe time to go farming DC gear.
    Last edited by Garorg; 02-12-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Default Feywild Update

Default Dread Update

gear

Removed LGS from Cloak and Gloves, crit damage.
    Removed Shattered Onyx from ring (loss of profane +2 DC focus, some dodge, 4 saves, insightful CHA)
    Removed Regalport Artifact from neck (loss of quality +2 DC, 14 CHA, Cold absorb)
    Removed Upgraded Wave (loss of Eburst caster levels, enhancement spellpower/crit, 25% damage clicky)
    Added Dread weapon (gain of -21 MRR, crappy ice proc)
    Added offhand LGS (gain of insightful 6 CHA, swap between affirmation and vacuum.)
    Added 14 CHA colorless augment.
    Added necklace Legendary Anchorchain (gain of +2 DC profane focus, enhancement spellpower)
    Added ring Dread Artifact (+2 Sacred Dcs, 1 filigree slot, gain of crit damage)
    Added cloak Winter, swap item. (Can also put on a winter trinket for 4 piece)
    Added gloves DOJ (+2 quality DC bonus). Swap with spell absorb.

destinies and enhancements

- EA and Draconic wings are on separate cooldowns. Solo doom killing just takes paying attention now.
    - I was wrong about t5s in Draconic. Ruin Draconic is worth taking. You can reduce cost of ruins with the clicky from Reaper trees, Litany, and t5 Draconic clicky. Gruin does more damage than iceberg and can reliably f*** up despairs. Fire and air become more competitive setups because of this but IMO polar ray is still worth going ice. Anchor chain is also a great item.
    - Reborn in Fire is a great heal out of primal. Cocoon, EA mass, and this make you a competent healer for R10 pugging.

other

- The winter set necklace with a profane +2 DCs has greater boon of undeath---this procs and drains spell absorb so is a no go. I was very disappointed in this.

Weapon: Dino MRR debuffing
    Offhand: LGS with insightful 6 charisma, either vacuum or affirmation, swapping depending
    Armor: Legendary Order's Garb
    Belt: Legendary Direbear Belt
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots
    Bracers: Legendary Aetherband
    Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Winter, swap with spell absorb
    Gloves: Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier, swap with spell absorb
    Goggles: Attunement's Gaze
    Helm: Legendary Crown of Snow
    Necklace: Legendary Anchorchain
    Ring1: Dinosaur Bone Ring
    - Scale (Accessory): Cold Spell Crit Damage +20 Enhancement
    - Fang (Accessory): Positive Spell Crit Damage +10 Insight
    - Claw (Accessory): Positive Spell Crit Damage +5 Quality
    - Horn (Accessory): Spell Focus Mastery +2 PSacred
    Ring2: Legendary Five Rings
    - Legendary Slaver's Prefix Slot: Constitution +13 Enhancement
    - Legendary Slaver's Suffix Slot: Healing Lore +21 Equipment
    - Legendary Slaver's Extra Slot: Heal +20 Competence
    - Legendary Slaver's Bonus Slot: Charisma +3 Quality
    Trinket: Cannith crafted absorptions, Spell absorb
    Last edited by Sam-u-r-eye; 02-21-2023 at 10:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12