Thread: Takedown

Community Member

Default Takedown

It would be nice if the stat used for Takedown would be changed from WIS to STR/DEX or the best of the them. Fighters have a far better chance at tripping than wolves due to the additional tactical feats and so it not necessarily viable to use trip etc at higher level unless they take some levels of fighter.

Given that I fear wolves more than fighters due to their ability to trip, it seems strange that wolf characters do not have the same strengths.

If it has already been changed than great, but remember that this is just my view and suggestions and does not invalidate those of others.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    It would be nice if the stat used for Takedown would be changed from WIS to STR/DEX or the best of the them. Fighters have a far better chance at tripping than wolves due to the additional tactical feats and so it not necessarily viable to use trip etc at higher level unless they take some levels of fighter.

Given that I fear wolves more than fighters due to their ability to trip, it seems strange that wolf characters do not have the same strengths.

If it has already been changed than great, but remember that this is just my view and suggestions and does not invalidate those of others.
    from the v2 Lamania Druid Update post
    Wolf Form Spells
    Baiting Bite will now use your spot score for the bluff role. This is still considered a bluff skill check.
    Take Down's cooldown increased to 8 seconds
    Take Down no longer erroneously grants +4[W] and instead properly grants +2[W]
    Take Down's DC scales with highest of STR,DEX, or WIS modifier.
    Jaws of Winter is now a level 6 spell instead of a level 7 spell (This will require players who had it memorized before the update downtime to need to adjust their memorized spells)
    Jaws of Winter DC scales with the higher of STR, DEX, or WIS modifier
    The following Wolf Spells gain +1 Critical Damage Multiplier and Critical Threat Range
    Baiting Bite
    Jaws of Winter
    Snowslide
    Not sure if it's currently working but STR, DEX or WIS is the current intent for wolves. I'm hoping that Snowslide also gets the STR, DEX, WIS treatment.

Bears are similar with it being STR of WIS. I'm hoping that devs will consider making that STR, CON or WIS for bears.

Community Member

Thanks for the response, I have been following the changes and was probably prompted by reading them previously. Please forgive my old brain, It is full of other nonsense atm.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The changes to Take Down and Jaws of Winter make DEX-based wolf builds a little more viable. [Although increasing Take Down's cooldown while reducing its +[W] bonus is...the devs giveth, the devs taketh away.] But since there's still no DEX to-hit and damage option within the druid trees themselves, you're either restricted to elves for Aerenal / Valenar Grace or you have to multiclass (e.g., rgr 2, rog or monk 3) if you want DEX to damage.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.