Question TR from heroic to iconic question

ok, so before i am doing something stupid, i will ask a question;

I have a regular character level 20. (lets say warforged wizard/rogue that was the thing in 2011 but completely useless today)

if i want to TR him to iconic hero, lets say PDK fighter, then i have to:

which statement is true?

1- use heroic heart of wood at level 20 and TR to PDK.
    2- level the poor b-strd to level 30 and use iconic heart of wood and TR him to PDK.
    3- you can't TR heroic character to iconic, you can only start new one and run from there.

thank you.

The answer is 1- use heroic heart of wood at level 20 and TR to PDK.

Community Member

statement 1

What kind of heart (iconic or heroic/racial) you have to use depends on what race you are at the time when you use the heart. So if you already are iconic you have to use an iconic heart. If you are not iconic, you use a different kind of heart. After reincarnating with either of those, you can pick any race you want.

Additionally:
    Anyone can use an epic heart at level 30. But you keep your race and class(es) and get set to level 20. If you are iconic you have to go back to 30. If not, you can do a heroic/racial reincarnation immediately after if you like.

thank you for the answers and the explanation.

If you can stomach it, go to 30 and get an epic PL first. The epic ones are quite strong.
    Playing (and dying) since Open Beta...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    If you can stomach it, go to 30 and get an epic PL first. The epic ones are quite strong.
    I agree but it's a lot of exp to slog through, though you certainly get a lot more from quests.

In addition to a passive bonus you also get a Stance, and those are also good (one for each sphere), Epics are important. Also, the loot is worth more, so you can build up your bank. I was at 40ish k recently because I respec like crazy, started selling my loot instead of breaking it down for Cannith essences, and am back up to 1 mil after a couple weeks.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    I agree but it's a lot of exp to slog through, though you certainly get a lot more from quests.

In addition to a passive bonus you also get a Stance, and those are also good (one for each sphere), Epics are important. Also, the loot is worth more, so you can build up your bank. I was at 40ish k recently because I respec like crazy, started selling my loot instead of breaking it down for Cannith essences, and am back up to 1 mil after a couple weeks.
    Because you're getting far more per quest, it's about the same amount of.time for an Epic life for me compared to a Heroic life. It's just less interesting because I can't do things at as high a difficulty and end up needing to repeat more quests -especially if I do more than one Epic life in a row.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Because you're getting far more per quest, it's about the same amount of.time for an Epic life for me compared to a Heroic life. It's just less interesting because I can't do things at as high a difficulty and end up needing to repeat more quests -especially if I do more than one Epic life in a row.
    Epics for me are almost twice as fast as Heroics. I often do a lot of EN dailies though which maybe a bit boring but its fairly fast leveling which is fun for me. Also at that quest setting generally you will be able to complete most quest quickly by soling.

Having epic past lives helps a lot with your heroic lives, try to get 3 in each sphere if you can (I don't have that myself as I was working on heroic completionist).
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    Epics for me are almost twice as fast as Heroics...
    Many people agree w/ this, but I'll make an important distinction - this is only true for alts that are on their 3rd life or higher. 1st life (32 and certainly 28 point builds) should not, imo, try to push through to Level 30. Get some of that Heroic Past Life goodness, and then go for Epics.

The synergy of slightly more character power and noticeably more player experience, plus the collection of some better gear as you go through again, combines to make a huge diff. (And that's not considering the semi-broken builds that so many first-life characters suffer, and/or the "I woulda done it differently, had I only known" refrain. A little more attention to details on later lives.)

Veteran players may be able to avoid this via help from guildmates and gear from older characters, but for newer players... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Lalangamena View Post
    1- use heroic heart of wood at level 20 and TR to PDK.

Have a good day
    ~Started Playing DDO - 6th June 2011 (Joined Forums In 2014)
    ~Guild - The Matrix (Orien)
    ~Orien Raiding Discord - Click Here