Community Member

Default How much wisdom is needed?

Question after restarting my druid twice.. I've found out that hat I need to have a certain amount of wisdom to cast my spella, even the wolf attacks which I'm trying to use. I read on the wiki that a character needs 10 in their primary stat (?) and then +1 for each level of spell. So if I want to cast a level 3 druid spell, I need 13 wisdom? What about level 20, will that be 30 wisdom? Very confused, any help appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorkaba View Post
    Question after restarting my druid twice.. I've found out that hat I need to have a certain amount of wisdom to cast my spella, even the wolf attacks which I'm trying to use. I read on the wiki that a character needs 10 in their primary stat (?) and then +1 for each level of spell. So if I want to cast a level 3 druid spell, I need 13 wisdom? What about level 20, will that be 30 wisdom? Very confused, any help appreciated!
    Don't confuse character level with spell level. The highest level druid spell is 9, so as long as you have a 19 Wisdom you are good to go.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

To add to that - for spell casting, just a +WIS item can push your Wisdom high enough to allow spell usage. You don't need to go tome hunting/buying just yet.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

As stated above the Wisdom needed is 10 + Spell Level

This is your total wisdom at the time you are attempting to cast the spell.

Base + Level Ups + Tome + Gear + buffs/debuffs must equal to or better then 10 + Spell Level