Default Pass Without Trace suggestion

I suggest changing this spell from an Enhancement bonus (which doesn't stack with Ghostly) to a Circumstance bonus like the Camouflage spell.

Also suggest changing Camouflage and Pass Without Trace (since they're first level spells) to have a base 5 minute duration like other first-level minute per level spells.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 03-18-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I suggest changing this spell from an Enhancement bonus (which doesn't stack with Ghostly) to a Circumstance bonus like the Camouflage spell.

Also suggest changing Camouflage and Pass Without Trace (since they're first level spells) to have a base 5 minute duration like other first-level minute per level spells.
    It would help if all druid buffing spells were treated this way. That way they have use even at cap.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

+1
    Sounds interesting and not game breaking.

/signed

Community Member

Druids are being completely broken, and this is the advice we get from forum-dwellers? Make a change to a worthless spell like Pass Without Trace? Is this clown school?

Quote Originally Posted by etotheipi View Post
    Druids are being completely broken, and this is the advice we get from forum-dwellers? Make a change to a worthless spell like Pass Without Trace? Is this clown school?
    Afraid you're going to find two camps here. Those with gameplay experience and knowledge most of whom know better than to try and give good feedback/suggestions, and those who are less knowledgeable and are instead giving feedback based on their preferences/playstyle.

So far most feedback has gotten corrupt-a-wished or deal-altered at each iteration of the change documents. So a lot of folks are keeping quiet. At this point I figure I can't remotely hurt druids anymore than I have by giving feedback based on actual gameplay and a desire to see the class in a better place.
    Last edited by edrein; 03-20-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etotheipi View Post
    Translation--wolf exploiter build is finally getting FIXED.

No, "Druids" are not being "completely broken". Caster druid is being significantly improved. Bear is looking quite awesome.

I haven't tested wolf extensively (not that interested in it), but it looks like it will be quite viable and have some interesting options to it.

If exploiter is the only thing you liked about druid, go cry on someone else's shoulder, because I don't care. Learn to play something that isn't broken.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Translation--wolf exploiter build is finally getting FIXED.

No, "Druids" are not being "completely broken". Caster druid is being significantly improved. Bear is looking quite awesome.

I haven't tested wolf extensively (not that interested in it), but it looks like it will be quite viable and have some interesting options to it.

If exploiter is the only thing you liked about druid, go cry on someone else's shoulder, because I don't care. Learn to play something that isn't broken.
    Eh. Caster is getting a slight nerf more than an improvement.

Bear looks viable if built right by multilife'd toons and with a knowledgeable player at the hand. They aren't remotely entry point or 'new' player friendly.

Wolves are practically DoA now sadly.

Here's hoping Round 2 significantly improves things across the board based on testing and feedback.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post

Bear looks viable if built right by multilife'd toons and with a knowledgeable player at the hand. They aren't remotely entry point or 'new' player friendly.

Here's hoping Round 2 significantly improves things across the board based on testing and feedback.
    I don't see Caster druids being nerfed. I think they have some interesting additional stuff and some of the spell changes will help (the whole spell system could do with a bit of love to be honest but that's a huge job). The loss of 2 conjuration DC will hurt a bit but only really for SoV which always felt like a bit of a one trick pony to me anyway.

If they make it through the SLA changes are really good. Produce Flame is an excellent levelling spell/SLA and getting this at Tier 1 is great. Salt Ray also really good as an SLA.

Master of Elements is a bit of a weird one. I don't see the point with the free spell - I'd rather have more spell power or in-season/in element crit (3%?)

Armor of Winter is nice for a caster.

I only wish they were going further with SH. I guess there's a lot going into animal forms but we won't get a chance again for a while and I'd like to have seen deeper changes/improvements in particular in how SH interacts with elemental forms.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post

I don't see Caster druids being nerfed. I think they have some interesting additional stuff and some of the spell changes will help (hHe whole spell system could do with a bit of love to be honest but that's a huge job). The loss of 2 conjuration DC will hurt a bit but only really for SoV which always felt like a bit of a one trick pony to me anyway.

If they make it through the SLA changes are really good. Produce Flame is an excellent levelling spell/SLA and getting this at Tier 1 is great. Salt Ray is also really good as an SLA although the spell itself could be improved to do more damage (about twice as much) as the opportunity cost of s single target spell is high.

Master of Elements is a bit of a weird one. I don't see the point with the free spell - I'd rather have more spell power or in-season/in element crit (3%?)

Armor of Winter is nice for a caster.

I only wish they were going further with SH. I guess there's a lot going into animal forms but we won't get a chance again for a while and I'd like to have seen deeper changes/improvements in particular in how SH interacts with elemental forms.