Default Dethek Runestone Facelift

So in light of my testing and confirming Dethek Runestone is only providing +1W on Lammania, I thought about ways to possibly give the shield a bit of a facelift in the light of Ravenloft and other endgame gear the past couple of updates.

I've really only got a couple suggestions at the moment, but I'm sure other people have some as well, that's the point of this thread.

1. Drop the minimal level to 24. Halve the current level as it's not really worthy of the 28 requirement due to my next suggestion.
    2. Bump the 15/adamantine to 30/adamantine in parity with both stage one Shadowdragon Plate and Bloodrage Chrism.
    3. Remove the DR all together and instead slap on Profane/Primal bonused PRR/MRR. Say 10-20, not a massive amount.
    4. Add Healer's Bounty, perhaps in place of the current Runic Revitalization.
    5. Add a 10% SP reduction.
    6. Add more of the on-hit buff/temp abilities such as: Demonic Shield, Concordant Opposition, etc.
    7. Add an epic Earthgrab proc or a no-save Earthgrab proc, after all the effect is called Stone Paws.

Edit: I probably didn't make it clear. Any of these, not a combination of them would help. Although I'm certain more than one might help revitalize Fire on Thunder Peak.
    Last edited by edrein; 03-17-2018 at 10:42 PM.

The display of +1w I think is bugged. It gives +2w if you are holding no weapon in your hand though (and are shapeshifted)
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    The display of +1w I think is bugged. It gives +2w if you are holding no weapon in your hand though (and are shapeshifted)
    The display isn't bugged. You only get +1W if you've got a weapon equipped. The +2W applies with no mainhand item. I bug reported and posted the +2W bug all over the threads for U38 and it still isn't fixed on live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    So in light of my testing and confirming Dethek Runestone is only providing +1W on Lammania, I thought about ways to possibly give the shield a bit of a facelift in the light of Ravenloft and other endgame gear the past couple of updates.

I've really only got a couple suggestions at the moment, but I'm sure other people have some as well, that's the point of this thread.

1. Drop the minimal level to 24. Halve the current level as it's not really worthy of the 28 requirement due to my next suggestion.
    2. Bump the 15/adamantine to 30/adamantine in parity with both stage one Shadowdragon Plate and Bloodrage Chrism.
    3. Remove the DR all together and instead slap on Profane/Primal bonused PRR/MRR. Say 10-20, not a massive amount.
    4. Add Healer's Bounty, perhaps in place of the current Runic Revitalization.
    5. Add a 10% SP reduction.
    6. Add more of the on-hit buff/temp abilities such as: Demonic Shield, Concordant Opposition, etc.
    7. Add an epic Earthgrab proc or a no-save Earthgrab proc, after all the effect is called Stone Paws.

Edit: I probably didn't make it clear. Any of these, not a combination of them would help. Although I'm certain more than one might help revitalize Fire on Thunder Peak.
    I thought the thread was from a cosmetic standpoint but if we're playing with it's effects i would say :
    1. I'd go for lvl 26 but would have to compare to other loot available (for druid that would be wall of wood lvl24 iirc and this is still far better; can't remember what the archon shield was)
    2. agree
    3. i realise DR is a bit...underwhelming possibly but wouldnt going profane/primal overlap with some of the rloft loot? if anything I'd want it to apply to all wild forms but might be a bit much.
    4. I quite like runic revitalization; iirc it's also a rare in-game effect. I'd prefer a lower cooldown (60 sec?) and it triggering with positive AND acid and/or elec spell
    5. meh. sry, but don't see the reasoning (dwarven magic maybe?)
    6. no but...
    7. ...because this would be a great idea! I'd also add a stoneskin guard.
    8. to balance the item could lose natural armor and ins devotion (allthough the second is...cute!)
    9. bug fix!
    10. something shiny! the reality of it in-game is...a dull grey square which is a shame 'cos it's a great, unique item that deserves a little sparkle imo