Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    I also took Natural fighting instead of cleave and great cleave feats.
    I went with both since I don't really need metamagics besides Quicken and the latest patch slightly ungimps NF by adding +4% doublestrike back into them. I thought about Stunning Blow but was concerned I couldn't get DCs high enough on pure druid even with max STR+KtA.
    ( I am curious why you are taking intelligence and dumping wisdom )
    Extra skill pts + Know the Angles which IIUC will now carry over to wolf form. So WIS becomes a dump stat since I only need it to meet caster pre-req.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    You take Falcion proficiency- why not go half elf with Fighter dilly for the effective same amount of feats and then opens you up to weapons like SoS and Carnifex while leveling- and then gives you freedom to use whatever weapon you want at endgame? I know you lose out on the damage boost but IMO it's worth it.
    Because the alt in question is already HO w/HoW +20 and I don't want to TR. Also I have a heroic SOS and Cleaver on this toon; so level with SOS then feat-swap @ 22 to switch to Cleaver. I don't need the added versatility of HE ftr dilly when my leveling weapons are already decided.

I also want to see if Brutality stacks with Balanced Attacks. But even if it doesn't and I don't use Rage, there's still a big net DPS gain from +4 racial STR (+2 mod -> +3 dmg), +8 damage from Orcish Weapon Training, and +6 damage from HO Improved Power Attack.
    I've considered this split - do you think the storm/SLAs will make up for losing the Cleave line?
    It's basically what my pure wolf druid build is currently like, only the TWF exploit is going away so I replace it with a falchion. [Unless I decide to use an orb for caster bonuses in which case...err scimitar I guess? Or khopesh?] Is it the best DPS option? Probably not, but I don't care.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 03-30-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.