Community Member

Default Wolves are now taking weapon damage. WAI?

Fighting a slime I got a weapon damage warning. Wolves now get weapon damage now?

As animal forms tend to be one of the classes without a distance weapon option, being immune to weapon damage from slimes and rust monsters was kind of vital for them. I hope this is not working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    Fighting a slime I got a weapon damage warning. Wolves now get weapon damage now?

As animal forms tend to be one of the classes without a distance weapon option, being immune to weapon damage from slimes and rust monsters was kind of vital for them. I hope this is not working as intended.
    Probably a side-effect of them basically just using the weapon now rather than it being overridden by the animal form stuff, but certainly annoying that I won't be able to use Cranium Cracker without it being made useless after only a couple of fights
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Probably a side-effect of them basically just using the weapon now rather than it being overridden by the animal form stuff, but certainly annoying that I won't be able to use Cranium Cracker without it being made useless after only a couple of fights
    Are you using the cranium cracker with a scourge? That weapon should have another point of threat range, apparently it missed the pass when they changed how improved critical worked. The scourge kind of makes this relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Are you using the cranium cracker with a scourge? That weapon should have another point of threat range, apparently it missed the pass when they changed how improved critical worked. The scourge kind of makes this relevant again.
    Haven't tried it with a scourge, no... but it's still relevant even having been missed with the pass; nice damage profile & procs, proper old-style vampirism means it's a great survival booster in the 7 to 12 range, maybe higher - it's just that pitiful 10 hardness which is the issue
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.