Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Testing the wolf

Couldn't figure out how wolf damage was being calculated so
    I reset all my enhancments and turned them on one by one.

With no enhancements selected when I equip a normal scimitar I saw
    1d6 + 8 damage ( the 8 was my strength )
    turn to wolf form I saw
    1d6 + 8 damage
    Equipped a scimitar + 3 in human form and saw
    1d6 + 11 damage
    turned into wolf I saw
    1d6 + 14 damage.
    It's doubling my enhancment value on my weapon whien I'm in wolf form!

So after further testing equipping a scimitar +3 I got

1) My strength bonus : +8
    2) double the +3 enhancement value: +6
    3) +1 damage per nature warrior core : +4 ( I was worried when it wasn't in the description )
    4) fight enhancment : +3
    5) power attack: +10 ( even though holding one handed weapon with heavy shield )

Other notes:

Throat Strike:
    Very odd to use. When I first tried it I thought the move has a long wind up it's useless. But then at the end of the wind-up it hit the enemy three times. Later I tried it in the middle of a mob and after the wind-up it hit every enemy in the mob 1 to 3 times like a multi-strike alpha strike. I didn't see any bleeding damage, but perhaps I need to test against a sturdier level of opponent.

Go for the Kill:
    Glad to see the sp cost down some. Goes off fast enough though the margin between out of range and +30 melee power is a thin one.

Nature Warrior core 4:
    Was originally going to be an increase to critical multiplier. Now it simply says it gives a competence bonus to attack bonus. But when I took the enhancement it only added the 1 point of damage I've been getting with every Nature Warrior core and nothing else. I can tell from testing that it is definitely not increasing the multiplier.

protector rage:
    Making the rages 1 minute long is not enough to distract from their overall uselessness. Sustainable DPS is a big concern for melee types. Barbarians get around it by having more powerful rages at far greater durations.

fatal Harrier:
    The most useless enhancment is now a rquirement for alpha strike forcing me to take it. And the duration of the stack has been lowered to 8 seconds for 20 compaounding its uselessness. And still it removes all the stacks at once, not one at a time. The only hope is that maybe now it stacks with item enhancements.

Ghost Pack:
    with 14 levels of druid and 14 levels of wilderness lore at 5-8 damage per lore you'd think ghost pack would do more than 58 points of damage.

Alpha strike:
    this enhancement has been nerfed hard.

Natural Fighting:
    Glad to see no sign of "Fang of the Wolf" or "Claw of the bear" feats. Now +4 Melee power, +4 PRR, +1 tactics per feat. Now the rough part. No reflex or dodge for any who might actually want to play an evasion wolf. And the bear still can't turn of its glancing blows not that they do much good at a maximum 30% damage.

Spirit Refresh:
    Still languishing under the ridicoulous less than 33% health requirement.
    Last edited by elvesunited; 03-14-2018 at 06:37 AM.