Default Bugs/Issues List

Snipped from my main thread post. Please add additional bugs for dev view.

My current list of issues/bugs on Lammania applying solely to Wildshapes:

1. Dethek Runestone is only applying +1W to items, while providing +2W if not holding a weapon.
    2. Single Dagger does not work in bear form. (Current work around seems to be equipping the dagger before shapeshifting and thus the 20MP remains. Swapping for any reason removes this.)
    2. Single Dagger does not work with shields. We really need a clarification on whether or not this is intentional. As it currently works with Runearms on live, but no orbs or shields.
    3. Tremor: does not seem to be effected by melee power when Big Bear is taken or the scaling is too low to be appropriate at cap with 100+ MP.
    4. Great Maul does not show up in your spell book, unless it is supposed to replace Maul.
    5. Savage Roar is not scaling high enough with melee power, the damage is extremely anemic at cap. This includes both the stage one and stage three versions.
    6. Without Great Maul existing as a separate attack, it is currently a bit difficult to maintain killer instinct stacks at their decay rate/spell cooldowns.
    7. 6 uses of rage is not enough at 1 minute duration. Please have it scale with constitution like barbarians.
    8. Any druidic wildshape spell breaks defensive fighting like normal spellcasting, this means druids trying to prevent glancing blows are going to have a nightmare of a time self healing/attacking.
    9. Lightning Strikes the Mountain deals slashing damage currently and again does not scale appropriately with melee power for cap.
    10. Nature's Defense stance prevents glancing blows. This is problematic for those of us who want our 25% HP bonus which is practically required in epics for meleeing. Removing the proposed Power Attack requirement was a god-send, but please consider making either two versions of the defensive stance or a secondary weapon toggle for glancing blows like Venomed Blades/Lighting The Candle/Ninja Poison.
    11. Casting Rage of the Beast removes Single Dagger.
    12. A Dance of Flowers did not apply to animal form attacks despite being centered. (This also applied to daggers via Vistani centering.)
    13. Shield Mastery, Improved Shield Mastery, and Legendary Shield Mastery are working with Natural Fighting. This seems non-WAI if going by the notes. The melee power applies as well.
    14. Bear form cleaves seem to be buggy. There is a delay between the animation and scroll text/actual damage application.
    15. Blood Feast temp HP does not work on activating .
    16. Animal attacks no longer possess DR breaking qualities for weapon type. AKA: No slashing and blunt for bears.
    17. MAJOR DESTINY ISSUES All destiny based attacks have animation bugs, especially when used in bear form. They either prevent movement or cause you to be stuck in place.
    18. MAJOR DESTINY ISSUES All shapeshifting based effects from Primal Avatar currently do not work.
    19. Enhancements that give offhand attacks as well as the Aasimar Scourge past life that gives offhand doublestrike allow animal shapes to offhand. Tested with Vistani Double Daggers and proc'd 3 hits in an attack chain. Toggled Aasimar Scourge and managed 4 hits.
    Last edited by edrein; 03-14-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Community Member

I can find Greater Maul in my spell book.
    It's level 1 spell, same as Maul.
    But cold down time is 18 seconds, while description say is 12 seconds.

Community Manager

Thanks for the list.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

The wolf evasion seems broken , it doesn't work against cyclonic blast spell.

spell desc - Reflex save takes half damage and avoids Strength check or Dexterity check to negate knocked Prone
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Default Weapon Based Attacks

Here's a list of non-working weapon attacks while in animal form:
    1. Vistani's Rapid Attack (doesn't have an actual animation on live, so curious about this one.) Noteworthy that Blessed Blades in the same tree works while in animal form.
    2. Quick Strike
    3. Stunning Shield/Shield Rush/Shield Charge (practically all of vanguard as a whole.)

Here's a list of now-working weapon attacks while in animal form:
    1. Volcano's Edge/Lightning Mace/Hammer of Thunder (these however suffer from animation bugs)
    2. All of the attacks/smites in Divine Crusader (these however suffer from animation bugs)

Updated with original list with two major issues.

Default Shllelagh issues

Season's Herald core 3 does not apply any additional benefit to Shillelagh. The tooltip says "The effects of your shillelagh spell are doubled" but all we get is the same bonus as the base spell. I tested with ML:1 wooden weapons from the Harbor vendor, testing clubs, quarterstaves, and great clubs (the latter without proficiency). The weapon details only show the appropriate 1.5x or 2x multiplier on the [W] depending on whether it is a non-staff or staff, respectively, and the damage done to the DPS Test Kobolds remains in the same range for both the base and "doubled" effect so the core enhancement does nothing for Shillelagh at present.

I also noticed some general strange behaviors around the tooltips and buff durations. Some were just display errors, but one I would call serious.

When I cast Shillelagh, the tooltip on my equipped weapon does not indicate the buff and the Details pane of the inventory screen does not update with the increased damage. I have to unequip the weapon and reequip it to update the Details pane and see the buff on the equipped weapon, at which time the details panel shows the correct 1.5x or 2x multiplier on the [W] depending on weapon type. [Display annoyance]

While a weapon with the Shillelagh buff is unequipped in my inventory, the buff does not appear on the weapon. The weapon buff in the tooltip reappears when the weapon is re-equipped as long as it has not worn off while unequipped. [Display annoyance]

My last observation is where an actual problem creeps in. The game is running 2 different timers on the buff bar and weapon tooltip and something bad happens in the discrepancy period. I was testing as a level 7 Druid (pure classed). The spell tooltip listed the duration as 7 minutes. When cast on a weapon the weapon tooltip lists the duration as 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the tooltip stops showing the weapon buff. The buff icon still appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen. However the weapon loses the benefit of the weapon buff when the timer on the weapon tooltip runs out, even though the buff icon in the buff bar is still active. Re-equipping the weapon after the weapon tooltip timer runs out, but before the buff bar icon disappears, resets the display on the weapon tooltip to 5 minutes, which is longer than the actual time remaining, but at least it reapplies the missing die to the actual damage done.

Example timeline (based on my level 7 Druid testing):
    Before casting Shillelagh: Doing 1.0[1d6] damage with a wooden quarterstaff
    0 m 0 s: Cast Shillelagh; buff bar icon is showing, weapon tooltip displays 5 min timer, doing 2.0[1d6] damage
    5 m 0 s: Buff bar icon is showing, weapon tooltip does not show weapon buff anymore, doing 1.0[1d6] damage <-- this is the critical point
    5 m 30 s: Un-equip and re-equip staff: buff bar icon is showing, weapon tooltip displays 5 min timer, doing 2.0[1d6] damage
    7 m 0 s: Buff bar icon disappears, weapon tooltip stops showing weapon buff, doing 1.0[1d6] damage

I tested this repeatedly to be sure I was observing the timeline and effects correctly, and especailly that the damage buff was not being applied between 5 and 7 minutes unless I re-equipped the weapon. I also tested both with and without the Season's Herald core enhancements to make sure that the problem is not related to the intended "doubled" buff, and it is not.

So you can lose the effect of the weapon buff without noticing it is gone (since it is still in the buff bar but not actually helping). [Serious issue IMO]
    And if you re-equip the weapon you will also think that your weapon buff has a lot more time on left on it than it really does. [Display error; IMO worse than an annoyance but not critical since the buff bar icon goes away at the correct time]
    Last edited by Caprice; 03-14-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Formatting % grammar errors
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    Here's a list of non-working weapon attacks while in animal form:
    1. Vistani's Rapid Attack (doesn't have an actual animation on live, so curious about this one.) Noteworthy that Blessed Blades in the same tree works while in animal form.
    2. Quick Strike
    3. Stunning Shield/Shield Rush/Shield Charge (practically all of vanguard as a whole.)

Here's a list of now-working weapon attacks while in animal form:
    1. Volcano's Edge/Lightning Mace/Hammer of Thunder (these however suffer from animation bugs)
    2. All of the attacks/smites in Divine Crusader (these however suffer from animation bugs)
    From the druid changes description .......

Activated Attacks that require a specific weapon to be held in your hand will still not work in animal form (because sometimes these attacks have animation requirements) However things that modify your weapons base stats still work normally such as changing your primary damage stat.
    I don't think they're supposed to be working. And if anything the devs if they hear of a weapon required clickie attack that is working will be more tempted to shut that down rather than get a weapon-required to work in animal form.

Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    From the druid changes description .......

I don't think they're supposed to be working. And if anything the devs if they hear of a weapon required clickie attack that is working will be more tempted to shut that down rather than get a weapon-required to work in animal form.
    Most of them are not. I'm more trying to track down which ones do and don't work, as I expected and saw that certain ones that previously didn't work (such as Volcano Slash) now work. And believed that Vistani would fully work with animal forms, however the basic T1 attack does not while the T5 does.

It's more a list to get what's working and what doesn't so the devs might be able to make quick fixes on certain things such as an universal tree like Vistani compared to something like Quick Strike.

Edit: It's also to point out issues such as the animation bugs/movement cancels like the Epic Destiny attacks when being in bear form (didn't try them as a wolf).
    Last edited by edrein; 03-14-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    The wolf evasion seems broken , it doesn't work against cyclonic blast spell.

spell desc - Reflex save takes half damage and avoids Strength check or Dexterity check to negate knocked Prone
    the bug is in cyclonic blast, not in wolf evasion. Standard evasion don't work either vs this spell, which have been bugged for ages

Default Spring Resurgence Bug ?

I've looked but I can't find a reference anywhere.

Does anyone know if the bug in Spring Resurgence (where it doesn't cast the buff or the heal on other party members) has been mentioned in any of the druid pass updates or notes, or even acknowledged yet ?

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere obvious.

Edit: I've just re-read the OP and seen the notes "applying solely to Wildshapes" .... apologies for posting in the wrong place... please disregard, I'll put it into it's own thread.

Unhappy Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks for the list.
    I recall a similar expression of thanks from a Dev on a similar list for Ravenloft.

Result..?

Nearly 4 months on, and not a single item on that list has been fixed.

You'll have to forgive my cynicism, but based on past evidence, these lists are a total waste of everyone's time.

Dev thanks would be more meaningful if something was actually done to address the issues noted.

Just feels like empty platitude otherwise. Talk is cheap.