Default Nightsinger & Fey Warlock Blast?

Does anyone know if Nightsinger's "5% Chance On Sonic Spell Hit: Target is Blinded for 6 Seconds" works with the sonic output of Fey pact warlocks?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member

As I understand it, no. The sonic is tacted on, and is not part of the actual categorization of blasting. Aura on the other hand, does some weird stuff. Until they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by red_kain View Post
    As I understand it, no. The sonic is tacted on, and is not part of the actual categorization of blasting. Aura on the other hand, does some weird stuff. Until they fix it.
    So if I wear that item, my Eldritch Aura, Eldrich Blast, Eldritch Burst, and Spirit Blast would only benefit from the +15 Perform increase to their sonic damage?

I do have Wail of the Banshee, which could blind opponents with Nightsinger.

(My level 17 Warlock is currently wearing the Phiarlan Mirrored Cloak, so I'm exploring other cloak options.)

Confirmed - Nightsinger blindness does proc on Fey Warlock sonic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    Confirmed - Nightsinger blindness does proc on Fey Warlock sonic damage.
    Even on regular eldritch blasts?
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Even on regular eldritch blasts?
    That I didn't check. Was using Aura and Enlightened Spirit AoE bursts & blasts centered on myself while soloing. I'll do some more testing, but at least some of the warlock SLAs which do sonic damage are considered sonic spells for the purpose of Nightsinger. (I was wondering why some of the mobs started acting oddly, until I saw the blue eye with the red line through it.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    That I didn't check. Was using Aura and Enlightened Spirit AoE bursts & blasts centered on myself while soloing. I'll do some more testing, but at least some of the warlock SLAs which do sonic damage are considered sonic spells for the purpose of Nightsinger. (I was wondering why some of the mobs started acting oddly, until I saw the blue eye with the red line through it.)
    I wouldn't take aura to test ANYTHING. It appears to proc everything, even if it shouldn't qualify. Turning off type conversions and pact damage and you should be doing just force, then try empyrean magic. I believe it still worked when I tried it myself. On the other hand, using any other type of blast with fiend pact fire damage active, does not work with empyrean magic.