Thread: Damage question

Community Member

Default Damage question

I use club and shield as a wolf. Do the damage effects on the shield affect my attacks or should I just use shields with protective effects?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aree_Soothsayer View Post
    Do the damage effects on the shield affect my attacks or should I just use shields with protective effects?
    Passive DPS bonuses from shields (e.g., Seeker) will apply to wolf form; however active DPS bonuses like Improved Shield Bashing do not, as you don't get shield bashes while in wolf form.

FYI, SSG is finally revamping druids, which will completely rebalance wolf & bear builds. Meaning it's gonna break any builds currently on the forums.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Passive DPS bonuses from shields (e.g., Seeker) will apply to wolf form; however active DPS bonuses like Improved Shield Bashing do not, as you don't get shield bashes while in wolf form.

FYI, SSG is finally revamping druids, which will completely rebalance wolf & bear builds. Meaning it's gonna break any builds currently on the forums.
    I got the Motherboard, 2d6 bludgeoning, but all my wolf was doing was slash damage and acid from the club I was using. It said when attacking, not shield bash.

PS: I don't use forum builds. I make up my own. =P
    Last edited by Aree_Soothsayer; 02-26-2018 at 10:55 AM.

I got the Motherboard, 2d6 bludgeoning, but all my wolf was doing was slash damage and acid from the club I was using. It said when attacking, not shield bash.

PS: I don't use forum builds. I make up my own. =P
    I don't have access to DDO currently to check, but it sounds as if that's the base weapon damage, like how a Great Axe is 1d12 Slashing. This would not apply in wolf form because it would be applied when attacking with the shield. If it says you do 2d6 bludgeoning damage as an effect on the item (not in the base stats, but between those and the flavor description), then it should apply. I suspect the former option is the case though.
    Kestros, Wisdom Wolf
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I don't see a wiki entry for the Mother Board yet, but those sound like proc-on-hit effects which only apply when the shield hits something, thru either active shield bashing or passive shield-bashes, neither of which apply while in wolf form.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.