Community Member

Default Keepers of the Feather feat no longer shows after ER

So firstly good morning everyone..I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else I just Epic reincarnated my toon githanus after doing so was checking feats and noticed i no longer had the keeper of the feathers feat....mind you by the time i noticed i had already lvld to 24 again...I went back to ravenloft thinking I had to talk to the patron again no go vistani tree is still unlocked though,Patron just thanks me etc etc but feat still does not show....

Peace all and hope they fix it soon
    Guild-Death Becomes Us
    Motto-We Die Hard But we Don't Cry About It

Quote Originally Posted by ld2950 View Post
    ...noticed i no longer had the keeper of the feathers feat....
    You're talking about the Favor tier that (permanently, even after reincarnation) gives the character access to the Vistani tree, right?

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#Keepers_of_the_Feather.2A

talk to the patron again no go vistani tree is still unlocked though,Patron just thanks me etc etc but feat still does not show....
    Well, first, the Patron wouldn't recognize that you have/had it unless you've re-earned it, as all favor is re-set during reincarnation. So that is WAI.

(EDIT - as per comment below, the above is wrong. TR resets favor, but ER does not.)

So if you can put a point in the Vistani tree (b/c ~everyone~ has that visible), then it's just a display issue, that the feat isn't showing? (Is it even a feat? I know that Harper isn't a Feat, so I'd expect Vistani not to be one either.)
    Last edited by C-Dog; 02-21-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Community Member

Favour is not reset when you ER, only when you TR - so not WAI.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    You're talking about the Favor tier that (permanently, even after reincarnation) gives the character access to the Vistani tree, right?

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#Keepers_of_the_Feather.2A

Well, first, the Patron wouldn't recognize that you have/had it unless you've re-earned it, as all favor is re-set during reincarnation. So that is WAI.

So if you can put a point in the Vistani tree (b/c ~everyone~ has that visible), then it's just a display issue, that the feat isn't showing? (Is it even a feat? I know that Harper isn't a Feat, so I'd expect Vistani not to be one either.)
    When you get the first tier of Keepers of the feather favour the favour dude will give you a feat that gives +2 to saves against undead. Similar to the feat that gives +10 HP from Argonessen favour.

This feat is lost when you do an epic reincarnation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    When you get the first tier of Keepers of the feather favour the favour dude will give you a feat that gives +2 to saves against undead. Similar to the feat that gives +10 HP from Argonessen favour.

This feat is lost when you do an epic reincarnation.
    This is what I am talking about when I epic reincarnated that feat was removed from my list with no way of reacquiring it..

Peace
    Last edited by ld2950; 02-21-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Guild-Death Becomes Us

This is what I am talking about when I epic reincarnated that feat was removed from my list
    It should not happen.
    ER works as a lesser reincarnation. There is no reset of favor, quest completions, etc...so if it's removed how can you get it back again? Favor is already earned and you can't earn it again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBlue View Post
    It should not happen.
    ER works as a lesser reincarnation. There is no reset of favor, quest completions, etc...so if it's removed how can you get it back again? Favor is already earned and you can't earn it again.
    This is what I am saying it is a feat that is earned with favor it should not have gone away after doing an epic reincarnation
    Guild-Death Becomes Us

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-37-patch-4-release-notes
    The Blessings of a Feather feat is no longer lost upon death.
    This feat?

I just logged on my character that lost the feat when I did an epic reincarnation after getting it, and it does not show up in special feats again as it should.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I just logged on my character that lost the feat when I did an epic reincarnation after getting it, and it does not show up in special feats again as it should.
    Correct and no way to get it back either..
    Guild-Death Becomes Us

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    Favour is not reset when you ER, only when you TR - so not WAI.
    Ah, right you are, misread- will edit above.

Read by QA!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

Vistani favor grants 3 tiers of rewards. Access to the vistani tree, a small augment bag, and a FEAT that increases your saves vs undead by +2.

It is this feat that vanishes after an epic reincarnation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    Vistani favor grants 3 tiers of rewards. Access to the vistani tree, a small augment bag, and a FEAT that increases your saves vs undead by +2.

It is this feat that vanishes after an epic reincarnation.
    You also loose the skill feats for keeper of the feather when you lesser reincarnate. I had it happen last year in 2020. And today I did a lesser reincarnate and lost my feywild feats. I hadn't gained any other favor feats yet.