Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Found a solution for cat blocking my screen

mmm can't see screen, can cause trouble at times.

Solution? Add box, instant cat trap.

So far does not work as well on the older cat.

Sometimes they gang up on me
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 02-19-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

The younger one was trolling your build and twitch skills until you made him comfy. The older one is campaigning for Tabaxi as a pc race.
    Took me several years to get around to registering for the forum... Don't believe the join date. I am not a new noob. I am an old noob and long time lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingae View Post
    The younger one was trolling your build and twitch skills until you made him comfy. The older one is campaigning for Tabaxi as a pc race.

Looks like the older one got her wish
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

+1

Quotable of the week!

Community Member

a folded towel works good too, if you have no box at hand,
    or just don't get an attention-whoring cat in the first place...

There are other types of cats?

<3

Nice setup btw
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    There are other types of cats?

<3

Nice setup btw
    Yes. There are cats that are raised with dogs and are unaware that they are in fact cats. They act very differently. I miss mine desperately, she passed after just twelve years. People ask me to adopt other cats/kittens all the time but their personalities are nothing like hers. Its just not the same.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Better Homes and Garden

Good taste in desks. I'm currently using the Ikea V2 Jerker as well with 2 side swivel mounts in the same color of birch. I used the shelf on the bottom and that has all my cpus on it and the monitors are all up top with noting over the main screen. Once I feel better maybe I will snap a pic and add to the thread.

Also nice cats!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Yes. There are cats that are raised with dogs and are unaware that they are in fact cats. They act very differently. I miss mine desperately, she passed after just twelve years. People ask me to adopt other cats/kittens all the time but their personalities are nothing like hers. Its just not the same.
    I've got a tuxedo (mostly black, white on chest) who SWEARS SHE IS A LABRADOR RETREIVER. How often do you get a cat who demands to play fetch for at least 15 minutes, every night. "Come on, throw the mousie. Just throw it already."

Staggering
    Pale Fox

So that is what they mean with dual boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Get a pair of Spinxes, they're as dog as it gets.

Default Bwahahaha!

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

mmm can't see screen, can cause trouble at times.

So far does not work as well on the older cat.

Sometimes they gang up on me

Corner Merchants Forums: http://corner-merchants.forumotion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    An elegant and aesthetically pleasing solution!

This issue was solved in my household early on. Whenever a vertical surface above ground level which was not a cat tree was assailed, we would loudly proclaim "Only those with an opposable thumb may be on the <insert kitchen countertop, table, stovetop, etc. as needed>. Raise your hand if you have an opposable thumb." And then, when a hand was not raised by the feline in question, they were promptly dumped upon the ground. Cats can learn, it just takes time and patience.

As kittens, placing empty 12 oz. soda cans every foot or so along the kitchen counters was an effective deterrent for while we were away at work. And logged the training progress for us, via /var/log/CansOnFloor. Also amusing for when we were home, as any 'incursions' could be easily detected even when we were in other rooms, and the sound of the can clattering to the ground never failed to evoke a hasty fleeing mechanism.

We weren't so successful with the double sided tape that was supposed to prevent them from clawing the furniture. "Cats don't like the feel of it on their paws!" the product proclaimed. We applied it to the couch the first day after kitten arrival and then went to work, smug in the satisfaction of having been smarter than a cat. We knew we were in trouble when upon returning home and finding the tape gone, we also had to try to identify the new cat toy which had mysteriously appeared. It was a ball of said tape which they had managed to create from the linear 12' or so of tape we had applied to the couch. And they loved batting it around just as much as any other toy, and didn't care about the stickiness one whit. Providing lots of other targets was the solution to that issue, plus constant reinforcement that the scratching posts were their only allowed target. Weekly nail clipping also helps.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bolo_grubb View Post
    solution? Add box, instant cat trap.
    — l o l —