Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How about limiting the number of collectibles needed for crafting an item to 5.

This is nitpicking. The way in which collectibles were originally used in the old system isn't anywhere close to how they're embedded in the current system
    The number of collectibles used was different, but collectibles were still required.

Sticking in highly rare items (not collectibles) for some of the desired effects was quite a lot worse. I particularly enjoyed their first pass at it where in order to make a Halfling Bane shard you needed to sacrifice raid loot from the least run raid in the game's history.

Did you know that Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms were selling on the auction house for 100,000 platinum EACH?

And then of course there was the whole essences thing. So many different kinds of essences from so many different items. Do I melt down the suffix or the prefix on this item? Uh oh, it's crafting session time and I just ran out of Greater Chaos essences but I still have thousands of others and no gap recipe...so much for that booster potion!

Getting collectibles is only a chore if you make it a chore. From day 1 I've collected collectibles, it's something I've always found enjoyable even when there was nothing really to do with them. But I never farmed for them even for the highly valued Stone Of Change recipe items. Then I stopped playing for a while and just came back at the beginning of the year. My collection of L21+ collectibles is woefully pathetic because I only ran a handful of quests at that level range before I reincarnated. I still got enough of them to plug in an insightful deadly on a level 11 trinket, and that's having a grand total of all L21+ collectibles that added up to less than my stockpile of polished stones.

You're making a mountain range out of a half-dug molehill.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    How about limiting the number of collectibles needed for crafting an item to 5.
    +1. Anything that reduces bank space needed is a good idea.A way to exchange ingredients would be needed but that doesn't require rocket science.
    (Combat): You were killed by something.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    ...I posted all my farming data to this forum thread.
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Look on this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lectable-Farms

Scroll down to:
    CULTURAL TIER 4 (Quest level 16 to 20)

Common: Chipped Bone Talisman
    Uncommon: Ivory Scorpion Icon, Polished Ore
    Rare: Elemental Ingot, Tear of Vulkoor

Wheloon Prison (Heroic) Video
    0:30 to farm one Cultural (16 Any in 4:00)
    Need: Invisibility
    Fight: Nothing
    Notes: 20 backpacks (Anyx20) and 3 cabinets (Arcanex3) all over the map. 17 of the backpacks line up in an efficient farming path, and skipping the the one in the bookstore is more efficient still. See this forum thread for map.

While I was maxing out slayers and rares I did the map to the collectables plus some of the cabinets and picked up 100+ Polished ores.
    My 2 mains are Mornyngstar and Seldissan on Thelanis but I also have toons on all servers with those names. Any toon that has Mornyngstar Clan as their last name is most likely me.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Sticking in highly rare items (not collectibles) for some of the desired effects was quite a lot worse. I particularly enjoyed their first pass at it where in order to make a Halfling Bane shard you needed to sacrifice raid loot from the least run raid in the game's history.
    I'm not sure where I gave the impression that I had some comprehensive love for everything about the old Cannith crafting system by criticizing a specific aspect of the new system. I'm not writing flowery poetic odes to old Cannith crafting and weeping lamentful tears over its loss. The fact that every single aspect of the old system wasn't perfect is beside the point.

Did you know that Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms were selling on the auction house for 100,000 platinum EACH?
    Yeah and I bought them. And again, this is beside the point. Special ingredient requirements for the old system were an oddball exception on specific recipes.

Getting collectibles is only a chore if you make it a chore.
    I've written enough about this already. You don't think that the points I've made are valid and I think that they are. I understand that.

You're making a mountain range out of a half-dug molehill.
    Yeah, I understand that you think that. And I don't agree. I think that your perspective on the level-range restriction of collectible drops lacks nuance and, perhaps, lacks an understanding of and respect for the play-styles of others. And I'm pretty sure that you don't agree with that. This conversation isn't going to go anywhere productive at this point.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    15 Polished Ores to craft 1 item with a Dexterity enchantment. I don't know about the Acid Lore and CHA damaging effect that requires Polished Ore too because I don't craft those. I don't follow the P2WAH, but I would say 500 AS for 5 Polished Ore is probably not a joke considering it requires some real dedicated farming time to get a bunch of Polished Ore. I would pay 4.2 million plat for 15 right now, but it seems those that put them on the AH prefer to have no buy out and end up with 100k after the bidding wars end.

some collectables are easier to get than others, but they aren't considered useless. its more, depends on the player, what they need to craft and what they want to craft. they all can be used for crafting and CC gear is considered generally better than random gear and some named gear.
    I will be listing some on the Argo AH this evening. I could use some more AS as I burned through re-rolls for Ravenloft gear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123