Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    What is the minimum search to see the secret doors?
    I know it was in the 60s, as I've ran a ton of R10s. I want to say the magic number is 62, if memory serves me right
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    I know it was in the 60s, as I've ran a ton of R10s. I want to say the magic number is 62, if memory serves me right
    can confirm 61 doesnt and 65 does

Community Member

Default Update 42

Sealed in Amber: Madam Eva is no longer found at the quest entrance. Her objective and dialogue have been altered.
    Anyone have details? Just when I thought I had it figured out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Uifareth_Cuthalion View Post
    Anyone have details? Just when I thought I had it figured out ...
    She is in the library now

I did not see much of a reduction of mob density btw, so it is not reverted to before
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Ran this today again for the first time in a while; and the litch wasn't able to have his memory restored by scrolls of restoration; greater restoration or the restoration spell (cast by a hireling). Have the devs changed him lately to prevent this, or is it a new bug?
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    . Have the devs changed him lately to prevent this, or is it a new bug?
    both

they were trying to fix a bug and went too far

I updated the location of Madam Eva on the scroll and icon maps. I also updated the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    I updated the location of Madam Eva on the scroll and icon maps. I also updated the text.
    Thank you for your efforts. I wound up using the Wiki for my first run after a while (I should know better than to start a "Long" dungeon when I need to go to work the next day).

I noticed that the Wiki didn't specify *only* pulling the second lever to start the teleporters.

Do the other levers have any similar very specific effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Merfyn View Post
    Do the other levers have any similar very specific effects?
    Did a bit of testing in there, mind you it was a ways ago.

Pulling to activate teleport is exclusive.
    Pulling one of the ones across from door (think one to the left when you zone in) turns off statue.
    Someone said that pulling some in some order stops skulls from spawning. I have never had the right combo between my runs when I was testing. Not sure if statement was true.
    Pulling all clockwise/anticlockwise did nothing noticeable
    Pulling in 20 or so combinations seem to do nothing as well.

Not able to find my notes from when I tested. Mind you I spent a good bit of 2 days testing everything in there when it first came out, but compiled everything onto a forum post and only edited that a few times. I have not done any additional testing from last major change. Just simply not worth the time.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Just found this thread on a WF with .5 jump. THANK YOU.

Community Member

Default Thank you for this

That was a brilliant map. Thank you so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    Since I enjoy Sealed in Amber, I started a project to map the door passwords and to document the location of scrolls and icons. Thanks for the contributions from everyone, including lifestakers nice write-up. I verified all the information in this post.

Assumptions (verified):
    It appears that the location of the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind, which is needed to complete the quest, depends on the card drawn by Madam Eva.
    The passwords needed to open the doors are always the same regardless of Madam Eva's card.
    The locations of scrolls appear to be assigned randomly to preset locations that are not related to Madam Eva's card.

Goals:
    Map the passwords needed to open each door (Done)
    Document the location for the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind for each of Madam Eva's cards (Done)
    Document the possible locations of each password scroll (Done)

Please forgive the amateur image work .

Map of door passwords:

Note: If you want to activate the T3 and T4 teleports, use T2 to enter the lever room and only pull the lever on your right.

Scroll name, possible locations, passwords needed to access it:

Kasimir's Notes (Yantar password): Always pick it up at the entrance.

Wish (Mrak password): Lower level, south from main room, then SE skeleton sarcophagi room. Need Yantar password to access it.
    Wish (Mrak password): Lower level, south from main room, then SW skeleton sarcophagi room. Need Yantar password to access it.
    Wish (Mrak password): Lower level, the far east room before the Shield Guardian. Need Yantar password to access it.
    Wish (Mrak password): Upper level, west hall, outside the castle room door. Need Yantar password to access it via the T1 teleporter.

Mordenkainen (Etherna password): Upper level, first NE room. Need Yantar password to access it.
    Mordenkainen (Etherna password): Upper level, east room with Vilnius. Need Mrak password to access it.
    Mordenkainen (Etherna password): Lower level, west hall then north to Amber Sarcophagi room. Need Mrak password to access it.
    Mordenkainen (Etherna password): Lower level, west hall to far west Amber Sarcophagi room. Need Mrak password to access it.
    Mordenkainen (Etherna password): Lower level, east hall, turn south, then first east room. Need Mrak password to access it.

Fireball (Maverus password): Upper level, west room with the model castle. Need Etherna password to access it.
    Fireball (Maverus password): Upper level, Far NE room. Need Etherna password to access it.
    Fireball (Maverus password): Lower level, west hall, south, then west to the Bedroom. Need Etherna password to access it, or Yantar if you can detect the secret door to T5
    Fireball (Maverus password): Lower level, west then south to Amber Sarcophagi room. Need Etherna password to access it.
    * Or once you have access to the Lich, cast restore on it and ask about the Library to get the Maverus password.

Map of door passwords and possible scroll locations:

If you are just farming for named loot:
    1. Pick up the Yantar password at the entrance and search the Mrak scroll locations.
    2. After finding Mrak, take the Upper NW hall to the Lich. Cast or scroll restore on the Lich and ask it about the library to get the Maverus password.
    3. Go to the end chest room, then north through the secret passage and use the far north Amber Sarcophagi to start the NPC sequence, which will lead to the end chest fight.

If you want to complete the quest, you'll need to locate the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. The location depends on the card presented by Madam Eva who is now located in the room south of the End Chest/Library room.

Location of the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind and the passwords needed to access it:

Card name: Broken One
    Madam Eva clue: I see a secret place. I see a dead man who has forgotten his name. There is something here which is hidden from me. Magic may mend what words cannot
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Upper level, NW (In the Lich room).
    Passwords needed: Yantar and Mrak, or Yantar and Maverus if you can open the secret door south of the end chest room.

Card name: Hooded One (Updated with U38 Patch 1 changes)
    Madam Eva clue: I see a chamber of hidden malice and vigilance by fiends bound by ancient contracts.
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Upper level, NW (Room south of the Lich room). A force field protects the Symbol until all Slaads are killed.
    Passwords needed: Yantar and Mrak, or Yantar and Etherna via the T3 teleporter.

Card name: Miser (Version 1)
    Madam Eva clue: I see a room carpeted in coins of gold, and among the coins are bones of those who sought it. Beware of hidden guardians!
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Lower level, NW Gold room. Note: Miser has two spawn points. The message from Madam Eva is the same.
    Passwords needed: Yantar and Maverus from the main room, or Yantar and Mrak via the upper level NW pit.

Card name: Miser (Version 2)
    Madam Eva clue: I see a room carpeted in coins of gold, and among the coins are bones of those who sought it. Beware of hidden guardians!
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Lower level, NE Gold room. Note: Miser has two spawn points. The message from Madam Eva is the same.
    Passwords needed: Yantar and Etherna from the main room, or Yantar and Maverus coming from the End Chest room on the upper level.

Card name: Raven
    Madam Eva clue: I see a castle of parchment upon a round, wood table. I see many tomes. It is a place where a master-builder once opened his mind. Now all is fallen, crumbled, cobwebs, and lost souls.
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Upper level, west (Castle room).
    Passwords needed: Yantar and Etherna (Via the T1 teleporter on the lower level)

Card name: Soldier (Updated with U38 Patch 1 changes)
    Madam Eva clue: I see a place of rest and regrets, not within the temple itself, but somewhere near, where treachery begets scorn and misery.
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Upper level, north to end chest room (Library). Take the Dimension Door that Kasimir summons after using the amber sarcophagi to the far north.
    Passwords needed: Yantar and Maverus.

Card name: Traitor
    Madam Eva clue: I see a vault secured within the earth. Guarded by amber, duty, and fire. Beware the coward.
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Upper level, NE to Amber Sarcophagi room.
    Passwords needed: Need Yantar and Etherna to access it.

Card name: Wizard
    Madam Eva clue: I see a library, untouched by centuries. Not a page yellowed or crumbling, every one of them blank and yet covered in lies.
    Holy Symbol of Ravenkind: Upper level, north to end chest room (Library).
    Passwords needed: Need Yantar and Maverus to access it from the main room, or Yantar and Etherna if you can open the secret door from the NE gold room.

Map of the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind locations by card name:

Note: Only Traitor and Raven locations require the Etherna password. With 5 possible locations for the Etherna scroll, it might be faster to reset if you pull them. Add the Miser 2 location to this list if you can't detect secret doors.

For the Soldier card, True Seeing is is sufficient on any difficulty to detect the secret door leading to Kasimir's sarcophagus, which spawns the D-Door leading to the icon. If you don't pick up the icon before the fight with Strahd's vampire spawn, a second dimension door will open after they are defeated.

Just for reference, here is another map version with room descriptions:

If you use all the Amber Sarcophagi for the draw Strahd's attention optional and survive his challenge, a second named loot chest will spawn in the library (End chest room).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaOtter View Post
    That was a brilliant map. Thank you so much!!!
    Yes, the map is great. However, when you are using it and backspacing through items, sometimes you don't find the password because it is hidden behind a corner something. I spent an hour and fifteen doing this map today. In the end, the **** end chest was locked, even though the quest said finished and I got the exp. I was not happy.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    In the end, the **** end chest was locked, even though the quest said finished and I got the exp. I was not happy.
    The "end chest" only unlocks if you do the optional "Find the vestige of Zhudun for Kasimir." and fight the minions Strahd summons. (you actually don't even have to finish the quest to get it.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    The "end chest" only unlocks if you do the optional "Find the vestige of Zhudun for Kasimir." and fight the minions Strahd summons. (you actually don't even have to finish the quest to get it.)
    When do the minions get summoned? I found the vestige, she came out, they did their thing, and talked and talked and talked. I just quit out of frustration and anger at that point, so if I was supposed to wait for all the chat to finish, that is unfortunate.

There was nothing in particular I wanted from the quest rewards. I will only do this one more time for my other character, and thats it. Ultimately that means I will end up leaving the rest of the chain undone in ravenloft (esp for saga rewards! :/) but I have had zero fun doing anything in this quest, and as posted here previously, had to level up several times and make changes to my sorcs spell load to try and deal with the skulls. My dark apostate cruised through at not too bad, but then all I did was run around the map endlessly, not understanding why the portals werent lighting, not finding the m password, etc etc. It was singularly the most not-fun time I have had in this game, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    When do the minions get summoned? I found the vestige, she came out, they did their thing, and talked and talked and talked. I just quit out of frustration and anger at that point, so if I was supposed to wait for all the chat to finish, that is unfortunate.
    When kasimir's sister is out in the library talking, you can talk to her. Tell her the 4th password. This will progress the scene to eventually summon Strahd's minions to fight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123