Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Thumbs up Posted to wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    Since I enjoy Sealed in Amber, I started a project to map the door passwords and to document the location of scrolls and icons. Thanks for the contributions from everyone, including lifestakers nice write-up. I verified all the information in this post.
    I posted a screenshot of your most detailed map to http://ddowiki.com/page/File:Amber_Temple_Map.png. I trust you don't mind; but if I'm mistaken, you are welcome to vilify me (and take it down).

Thank you for your excellent work.

No problem.

Community Member

Not sure if maybe the scroll locations have changed in an update or not but I was running this quest today. I was following the scroll locations and my 3rd and 4th password were both in locations not mentioned in this thread.

- Found Maverus on Upper level, complete NE corner
    - Found Etherna on Lower level, East side, south, then east again (door with hags in front of it)

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    Not sure if maybe the scroll locations have changed in an update or not but I was running this quest today. I was following the scroll locations and my 3rd and 4th password were both in locations not mentioned in this thread.

- Found Maverus on Upper level, complete NE corner
    - Found Etherna on Lower level, East side, south, then east again (door with hags in front of it)
    It does look like they added two scroll locations, and you happened to get them both. The question is did they remove any of the old scroll locations? I ran it a bunch of times and was able to verify all the old scroll locations except one for Maverus. I'll keep running it until I can verify the last scroll location. Also I didn't discover any other new scroll locations. Here is my worksheet. Once I'm done verifying, I'll update the scroll map.

Last edited by Krell; 06-02-2018 at 07:49 AM.

I verified the last old scroll location and updated the doors and scrolls map with the two additional locations.

6. 07-23-2018, 11:13 AM

Belated thank you for this. It’s beem very useful
    Day 1 Founder
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Lava Divers - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post
    Belated thank you for this. It’s beem very useful
    Yes, thank you OP for this wonderful thread. I was actually looking up the Soldier Card fiasco.

Has anyone heard on any Weekly Live Stream or other Developer Tracker if this is being fixed in the next possible Update? I would be content with a lower Search DC so that True Seeing can detect it and I don't get the surprise I had last night. I at least know that I need to carry a Rogue Contract with me (or cycle the instance) in order to complete which I find highly irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

+1 Super Thank You!

someone from your guild sent me this and wow thanks for making this! always have hated amber temple, im thinking this will help me out a ton next time around though. bookmarked it. appreciate you taking the time to do this (:
    Leader of The Thousand Swords, a Cannith-based guild. We are always recruiting people who enjoy playing the game as much as we do. Contact 'Zylitsuki' in game for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzor View Post
    Does this change mean that if you pull the Soldier card and can't make the search check for the secret door you have no way of completing the quest?
    One of the dark gifts gives you true sight. That door in particular recently has been patched to have a very low DC number that anyone's blind dog can notice, just in case that dark gift is not available in your instance.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    I verified the last old scroll location and updated the doors and scrolls map with the two additional locations.

Thank you, great info, +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    One of the dark gifts gives you true sight. That door in particular recently has been patched to have a very low DC number that anyone's blind dog can notice, just in case that dark gift is not available in your instance.
    Great change thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post

Was that done in Update 40 Patch 2? There was no mention of it in the release notes, and I don't recall any mention of this in any prior release notes either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    sometimes you just want to light the players on fire, yanno?

Did we ever find all the secrets in here? I've wondered if there is anything else. For example, one thing I didn't see on the Wiki or here is that one of the levers on the left side of the lever room deactivates the temple traps. I know the first one on the right activates the teleporters to the hidden overlook and the slaad room, and multiple levers deactivate those teleporters. Has anyone found anything that the other levers do?

I've always liked that the quest changes a lot as you progress. At a certain point a werewolf pack shows up.. Once you enter the Castle Ravenloft replica room, an adventurer/witch gang shows up in the shrine room, at some point after you've looted the eastern treasure room, a named hag and group of adventurers shows up there, and at some point late in the quest, an orange named vargouille and a swarm of flameskulls appears in the southeast shrine room (which oddly enough uses the model for +Vargouille from the Anniversary dungeon).

Any other things people have found here?
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

2015 DDO Players Council

Since I'll probably be running this quest again before long, I merged the several maps from this thread into one map. It's not pretty, but I think it's functional. My apologies if I overlooked anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquist View Post
    Since I'll probably be running this quest again before long, I merged the several maps from this thread into one map. It's not pretty, but I think it's functional. My apologies if I overlooked anything important.
    Looks good!

Post reaper xp week!

1 week to wings!!!lets go

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

I've been getting lost in there a LOT. Not trying to irk anyone with a necro again, but this could seriously be really useful for anyone who is new to Ravenloft

What is the minimum search to see the secret doors?

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    What is the minimum search to see the secret doors?
    I'll have to do some tests when I have some free time to narrow it down (as I usually run it with a character who blows the search DCs out of the water), but iirc it's around 70+ on EE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast