Community Member

Default Spite,_the_Fractured_Shards

Simple Vanguard Wolf, build is below.

For attacks per minute it follows the line 1.666 x + 114.8, where x is the alacrity.

18/2 vanguard wolf w/ Spite, the Fractured Shards

At x = 60% alacrity (vangaurd + blinding speed + haste boost) get 214.8 attacks/minute + 18 more from shattering strikes/opportunity attack = 232.8 attacks/minute

At 1.8 TWF + 104% total double strike = 2.84 hits per attack

661 hits/minute = 11 hits/second (w/balanced attacks, this is also permastun)

Miss on 1 > 10.5 hits/second (elf premier race)

1k average main hand hit (guestimate) + 800 sneak (guestimate same as Sym) + 1.4k bleed ~= 33.5k boss dps

23% doublestrike item
    9% doublestrike insightful item
    9% Past life feats
    8% shield mastery
    5% Alchemical (fabricator's)
    3% Hail of blows twist
    7% Legendary Shield Mastery
    15% double strike silent avenger
    5% main hand PTWF
    8% effective off hand PTWF
    2%SW filigree
    3% kensai cores
    5% VKF core 3

Kensai Core 5, Vangaurd Core 5, VKF Core 3, Elf cores + precision feat, max strength

If you don't feel the need for 30k dps, take fighter levels away and add more druid for class flavor.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-01-2018 at 05:16 PM.

2. 01-21-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    For attacks per minute it follows the line 1.666 x + 114.8, where x is the alacrity.
    At 60% alacrity (vangaurd + blinding speed + haste boost) get 214.8 attacks/minute
    I’m not sure I understand this formual. This seams to say that you get almost 2 sets of attacks per second without any sort of accecleration? This seams.. odd.

Secondly dont forget wolf form has an inate 30% bonus to attack speed. I am not sure if this is included in this. Fatial harrier gives 25% haste boost if you build it up.

10% off hand PTWF
    Does this work? I thought bonuses to off hand in wolf form did not work.
    Also dont forget scurge has a 5% double strike.

Also sprite dmg only stacks up to 1.1k - or do you have a way of boosting dmg? 1k main hand +800 sneak seams excessive.

Also your counting haste boost (and i assume 75 melee power from filigrees) as consistant dmg instead of burst? Also Sprite dmg basicly requires a boss because you have to hit 100 times before you can get you it to stack to that much. I’m not saying this stuff is not posible but worth consitering.

How would this compair to a 100dex shurikin thrower doing something similar? I think you get more attacks per second with wolf.

How many attacks do you think you lose by running only 12 fighter levels?

And lastly: I have been thinking about something like this but i have been thinking it would be better to aproch it from a tank perspective. Build a tank with 2 lvls of druid and use this weapon to do lots of dmg on bosses.

Good ideas!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
    I just tested Spite + AoN; Glass Shards works. This is literally beyond all states of broken - I just really don't like how the entire build is literally a giant ball of effects that are not WAI. But, this has potential to exceed a monk, assuming the target will bleed and so forth. Nice work.
    ^^

If you want a tank, go stalwart + vanguard instead of kensai + vangaurd and use defensive sweep.

O btw, I got a chance to test this today.

Sprite and wolf form work. Stops SWF from working, cant do vistani strikes, can do monk strikes (i think).

^^

If you want a tank, go stalwart + vanguard instead of kensai + vangaurd and use defensive sweep.
    It seams like you would want 31-33 AP in any of the 3 trees leaving 18ish for race and the last. Looks like ~12 action boosts in LD or 4min of boosted dmg.

I’m curious where you get your base attack speed numbers from. Do you have a link?

Community Member

Enjoy links. TY for testing!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-22-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Enjoy links. TY for testing!
    O hey, I missed that!

So each 5% alacricy gives another 8.33 attack cycles per min.

For double strike i get:

23 item
    15 set
    10 insightful
    9 past life
    5 Ptwf
    15 Shield line
    ——

5 Scourge if you have the ap/race

5 from fabricators is a bracer, 10 insightfull is a bracer. Also i think fabricator’s s only 50% up time? You have off hand double strike listed there, does that work with wolves? If you have 100% doublestrike do you still get the benifit of off-hand double strike?

For full DPS stile you can net 5% more attack speed by picking up fatal harrier from druid tree. Requires 3+ druid lvls. There is also some more double strike in vistani that does not need a dagger to work it. Block and cut t5 stalwart has 25% double strike for 10 seconds on a 20 second cooldown. But thats kinda the same as filigree bonus MP.

Again, I don’t understand how you get 1k main hand, 800 SA dmg as a wolf, even while blitzing. 300 melee power means your main hand does a base of 250 dmg and you get 200 SA. These base damage numbers seam quite high.

And lastly, thanks for pointing this out. I have been playing around with the idea of a primal avatar tree build that has some sort of high boss DPS. I even thought of using sprite and swiching into throwing styile, but it makes more sense to be a doggy. I’m thinking something like 12fighter/2druid/6warlock. My cleaves are a bit worse but boss DPS increase seams like a nice trade-off.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    O hey, I missed that!

So each 5% alacricy gives another 8.33 attack cycles per min.

For double strike i get:

23 item
    15 set
    10 insightful
    9 past life
    5 Ptwf
    15 Shield line
    ——

5 Scourge if you have the ap/race

Think so yes. 5 from fabricators is a bracer, 10 insightfull is a bracer. Also i think fabricator’s s only 50% up time? You have off hand double strike listed there, does that work with wolves? If you have 100% doublestrike do you still get the benifit of off-hand double strike?

For full DPS stile you can net 5% more attack speed by picking up fatal harrier from druid tree. Requires 3+ druid lvls. There is also some more double strike in vistani that does not need a dagger to work it. Block and cut t5 stalwart has 25% double strike for 10 seconds on a 20 second cooldown. But thats kinda the same as filigree bonus MP.

Again, I don’t understand how you get 1k main hand, 800 SA dmg as a wolf, even while blitzing. 300 melee power means your main hand does a base of 250 dmg and you get 200 SA. These base damage numbers seam quite high.

And lastly, thanks for pointing this out. I have been playing around with the idea of a primal avatar tree build that has some sort of high boss DPS. I even thought of using sprite and swiching into throwing styile, but it makes more sense to be a doggy. I’m thinking something like 12fighter/2druid/6warlock. My cleaves are a bit worse but boss DPS increase seams like a nice trade-off.
    I could be off a bit here and there. Fabricator's is an on-hit effect, so up-time is a math of hits/sec. MP is going to be over 300, but I was averaging crits in as well, so the base hit is less than 250. All SA has a separate 150% multiplier, so it is lower than 200. There are also buffs and debuffs, so both bases are smaller again and again from what you think.

For leveling 20-cap, defensive sweep is godly. It is hard to beat a clicky that just says you deal double damage.

Kensai also gives some double strike, as does sentient weapons. My numbers might be too low...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-22-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Community Member

Default Downtime, so lets build this out!

Okay, start with 2 druid, elf for accuracy. Then take 18 fighter.

Elf (+4 dex tome)
    Strength 18 + levels
    Dex 13
    Con 12
    Int 12
    Wis 12
    Char 11

1 Druid Two Weapon Fighting (Dex 15, tomes +2)
    2 Druid Wolf
    3 Fighter: Shield Mastery, Power Attack > Free Feat swap precision at level 20
    4 Fighter: Weapon Focus: Blunt
    5 Fighter
    6 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Blunt, Past Life: Disciple of the Fist
    7 Fighter
    8 Fighter: Improved Two Weapon Fighting (Dex 17, tomes +4)
    9 Fighter Completionist dragon shard feat swap to Past Life: Sneak of Shadows at level 15 when no longer needed for UMD heal scrolls
    10 Fighter: Improved Shield Mastery
    11 Fighter
    12 Fighter: Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Weapon Focus: Blunt
    13 Fighter
    14 Fighter: Shield Deflection (wolves can block while attacking)
    15 Fighter Heavy Armor Master
    16 Fighter: Heavy Armor Champion
    17 Fighter
    18 Fighter: Improved Critical: Blunt, Stunning Blow
    19 Fighter
    20 Fighter: Tactical Supremacy
    21 Overwhelming Critical
    24 Tactical Mastery
    26 Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Haste
    28 Legendary Tactics
    29 Dire Charge
    30: Scion of Ethereal, Weapon Proficiency: Shuriken

levels 1-19 ap in kensai primary, vangaurd + stalwart secondary

levels 20-29, and 30 while dungeon clearing: 31 ap in stalwart for defensive sweep, 7 ap elf accuracy , 31 ap in vangaurd attack speed, 7 ap kensai extra action boosts +4 ap for something

30 at cap with Spite for single target dps: 32 Kensai Core 5 Tier 5, 31 Vangaurd Core 5, 7Elf cores (if have speed XV slotted on gearset at 30, take dragonmark instead of haste, and move VKF to elf for dragonmark displacement + 3% double strike), 11 AP VKF (requires tome +1 racial AP)
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-31-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Community Member

I think my attacks/sec are too low, since a bunch of the kensai attacks won't break the attack cycle (if they did, they would be a dps loss to use them on a kensai, and people would have complained about it).

If we just use the lower tier shattering and opportunity attacks, we get another 18 attacks in per minute? Hmm.

Oh, and offhand double strike works on auto attacks.

Am I missing anything?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-01-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Community Member

RIP 30k D!

This woulda killed a kobold boss in < 20 seconds. Maybe even faster than furyshot. Ahh well.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-07-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Meh, so it will be 20k DPS?

Im working on geting my 12f/6w/2d tree form-sprite boss beater gistalt to 29!

No off-hand attacks or combat speed bonus really really hurt the whole added dmg on hit thing.

Community Member

Ahh well hmm.

You know, if you ran this build in Magistar, you would attack fast enough you could charge this ability up really fast:
    Nullmagic Strike: Passive Bonus: Offensive spells you cast, melee and ranged attacks have a [5/10/15]% chance to subject the target to a Dispel Magic effect, which may strip them of their magical protections, and will render them unable to cast spells and lose [2/3/4] Spell Resistance for [10/20/30] seconds.

That would allow you to keep this running, granting permananent AoE magic damage immunity to a raid:

'Nullmagic Aura' Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1sec) Each time nullmagic guard or strike activates, you gain 1 charge. When have you 30 charges, can activate nullmagic aura. You and allies near you are immune to harmful spells for 20 seconds.

A stars aligned Nullmagic Aura would take 30s to charge as it takes 30 stacks and it has a 1s CD to gain a charge. 66% uptime isn't bad, though does mean it would still take timing. Has anyone tested it to see if it still stops friendly spells as well? It would have some use in Baba and maybe DOJ, though still very situational, and wouldn't help against physical damage... you'd be giving up a nice chunk of PRR and HP that other trees would give.

Another consideration is that this type of build is on its last legs - TWF and Shield Mastery bonuses will not work in animal form anymore, and wolf attack speed is being nerfed from 30 to 15. So people have until the upcoming update to enjoy animal form exploits, which is a month or two tops.

That said, have you considered daggers instead of Spite? Spite has a great damage tick, but using Pain dagger for trash and Suffering for bosses would allow for Vistani investment. That's a 20% doublestrike clicky (that has 100% uptime), 10d6 bleed that scales with double MP, and other useful bonus feats and defenses. I'd actually drop the Kensai investment for Vistani. You could still use Spite for bosses, though unsure the Spite damage proc outweighs 20% doublestrike + 10d6 * 6-8 (assuming you build for MP) + 9d6 pierce + metalline + 10 PRR/MRR debuff.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    1. Wolves and Bears cannot attack in animal form with a missile weapon equipped (we decided against them barking shurikens and arrows, and as for using a missile weapons stats in melee we would really prefer not to have to consider what wolves do with great cross bows in melee going forward ).
    So TWF - disabled
    Vangaurd attack speed - disabled
    Spite - disabled
    Shield Mastery - disabled

Ahh well. There's always pick a class at random and wing a build on the fly!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-02-2018 at 02:56 PM.