Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

Default Enhancement tree

Hey all, I think I seen it mentioned in a previous thread, but I've been following this guide for my warlock and it's been really fun and I'd like to build my lock as I level the exact same way (I'm level 12 now). The problem in question is that the images no longer appear in the original post I guess because it's so old. Does anyone here have an image of what it's supposed to look like, or at least the enhancement tree build-out at level 12? It's crutial now because zehnvhex starts going in to the Soul Eater tree but doesn't really give any detail as to which direction. I also feel that as I've had to kinda ad lib the TS tree a little (because again, no visuals) I feel I may have put points into things I shouldn't have. Help on this would be amazing! Thanks!!

Default Enhancement trees for 12 and 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fayude View Post
    Hey all, I think I seen it mentioned in a previous thread, but I've been following this guide for my warlock and it's been really fun and I'd like to build my lock as I level the exact same way (I'm level 12 now). The problem in question is that the images no longer appear in the original post I guess because it's so old. Does anyone here have an image of what it's supposed to look like, or at least the enhancement tree build-out at level 12? It's crutial now because zehnvhex starts going in to the Soul Eater tree but doesn't really give any detail as to which direction. I also feel that as I've had to kinda ad lib the TS tree a little (because again, no visuals) I feel I may have put points into things I shouldn't have. Help on this would be amazing! Thanks!!
    See page 4 of this thread.

Community Member

Default Having tons of fun

Although I’ve been playing this game on and off for many years, I seldom play casters. I’m not that good and it’s hard to keep myself alive. But this build has been so much fun and so easy to play, I just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and for sharing this.

When referencing Dragonborn as a Racial option, under feats, you say "Dragonborn - Blue dragonflight"
    I can't seem to figure out what feat that's referring to.

Community Member

Default Just what I was looking for!

I know this build is a little bit old, but honestly, its exactly what I have been looking for. For starters, my endgame build is a 20 monk. So naturally, I had little gear to do anything else due to my hungry sentient gems. That being said, I finished my epics, and wanted to start back on racials with 21 to go. I tried a fire sorc...meh, I tried a wizard with fire/acid and a 2 monk splash, so I essentially play like a monk, and throw fireballs...great after lev 12, before not so much.

But this build! Just what I wanted! consistent power all the way up! I am looking for easy racial lives, and this is the build. I am only lev 12, and I probably wont switch to ES, but I am absolutely destroying things with minimal effort. (and thats what I want!) R1 or bust!

thanks for putting this together!
    Nico

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyArkham View Post
    When referencing Dragonborn as a Racial option, under feats, you say "Dragonborn - Blue dragonflight"
    I can't seem to figure out what feat that's referring to.
    Anybody have any idea what feat this is supposed to reference?
    Maybe something that was replaced...or I'm just being obtuse

Anybody have any idea what feat this is supposed to reference?...
    No idea, that confoozled me too.

Since this build has no Racial AP, the only thing diff Ancestries give is a very small stacking energy resist - for Blue, it's vs. Electricity, which is possibly the most [common+dangerous] energy effect you'll face.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Dragonborn

Community Member

Anybody have any idea what feat this is supposed to reference?
    Maybe something that was replaced...or I'm just being obtuse
    I figured it out. Not only does it give you specific resistance, it also plays into what you can select i the actual dragonborn tree. If you select black dragon, you can get +30 acid spellpower (this is what I selected the second time I ran this build). There is an enhancement that has this selection. hope this helps.

Community Member

I have blasted my way through 12 straight lives with this build. It is so fun and easy. Now, I am about to undertake the dreaded warforged. I decided to buy a wish so I can skip the race. Anyway, what is the best race nowadays? I am leaning towards DB because of the +30 to acid SP.

Thoughts?

Nico

Community Member

I got to say, while this build is effective, my God the ES levels are boring. I hit 15 and I'm not even sure I have the stamina to push this to the cap.

Am I the only one who likes to take Burning Blood? With metas on, I find it very useful for far away mobs including Reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    Am I the only one who likes to take Burning Blood? With metas on, I find it very useful for far away mobs including Reapers.
    you need fire and acid spell power/lore maxed to make it effective, which is rare for a warlock.
    I tested it and I'm not impressed.

Community Member

Default Any advice

Hello :-) I just recently started playing DDO for the first time, I honestly don't know how this game has slipped under my radar for so many years. After the first couple of brain melting days, I'm starting to catch on- sorta and loving the game. I knew nothing about D&D before playing this and... pretty much still don't :-). I believe I made a mistake by trying to follow Voodu's Warlock guide as a first life character- didn't realize that at the time. I know this build is older now, is it still good to follow? I'm currently lvl 8 and would rather not start over if possible, if I need to its not that big of a deal- my friend will just have to wait for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lurky View Post
    Hello :-) I just recently started playing DDO for the first time, I honestly don't know how this game has slipped under my radar for so many years. After the first couple of brain melting days, I'm starting to catch on- sorta and loving the game. I knew nothing about D&D before playing this and... pretty much still don't :-). I believe I made a mistake by trying to follow Voodu's Warlock guide as a first life character- didn't realize that at the time. I know this build is older now, is it still good to follow? I'm currently lvl 8 and would rather not start over if possible, if I need to its not that big of a deal- my friend will just have to wait for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Hmm, give me some more info, are you running Drow or Tiefling? Drow is independent for Warlocks, Tiefling is great for Fiend, but otherwise I prefer Drow. Run in Tainted Scholar, Stricken and Consume will eat single targets for breakfast and only get more and more powerful as you move up the tree. For Beholders, which you will start running into, back off, you can outrange them with your focused blast. Learning to kite is important, and once you have Cone packs of mobs don't matter, don't forget to cast any CCs you have though, to make life easier for yourself.

Work on getting Freedom of Movement, you can get it earlier from Ravenloft if you have that Death House, which is a very quick quest to run once you are used to it, there are more sources, the wiki is your friend.

So, if you started as Voodu's build it's not too hard to transition to this, and yes, this build still rocks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Hmm, give me some more info, are you running Drow or Tiefling? Drow is independent for Warlocks, Tiefling is great for Fiend, but otherwise I prefer Drow. Run in Tainted Scholar, Stricken and Consume will eat single targets for breakfast and only get more and more powerful as you move up the tree. For Beholders, which you will start running into, back off, you can outrange them with your focused blast. Learning to kite is important, and once you have Cone packs of mobs don't matter, don't forget to cast any CCs you have though, to make life easier for yourself.

Work on getting Freedom of Movement, you can get it earlier from Ravenloft if you have that Death House, which is a very quick quest to run once you are used to it, there are more sources, the wiki is your friend.

So, if you started as Voodu's build it's not too hard to transition to this, and yes, this build still rocks.
    I went Tiefling, and am doing my best to try and make it work as a first life. I will check out Death House and try and get those boots, Thank you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lurky View Post
    I went Tiefling, and am doing my best to try and make it work as a first life. I will check out Death House and try and get those boots, Thank you.
    Go in, run up the stairs to the top, go through the door on the right, grab the bones, click the switch in the doll house, back out, through the door across the hall, secret passage to the basement opened by the switch. There is an efficient route through the dungeon but I do it visually, can't tell you how right here. 3 levers to open a door down on the left, gets you a key to open the door to an even lower level. Pause before going down the hall to the end, and jump onto the stuff on the side of the hallway, there is a vicious blade trap there, right at the south side of the cross section of the hallways there.

I am going to farm a second pair tonight as well.

Community Member

Default Gear choices at 30?

Has anyone come up with a good gear arrangement when you hit 30? I am debating on running with the Feywild Dreamer Set for the +30 bonus to acid spell power etc. and then pairing that set with four items from the Eminence of Autumn set. Of course there are other items that throw a wrench into my plan, like the Stone Shoes, the new Seal of the Earth ring. Thoughts???
    Last edited by Tpetrzelka; 02-13-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredunease View Post
    This is a nice level by level guide... I've run this a bunch of times and it lays down what you need to do at each level. There's a couple of missing graphics for later enhancement tree setups, but they are mirrored here...
    o Lvl 12 Enhancements https://imgur.com/KZKf3yO (swapping to ES aura-lock)
    o Lvl 16 enhancements https://imgur.com/cuvN0UQ (back to TS/SE blaster)

Thx IU!
    o7

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456