Default Massive Lag Everyday

Everyone else is experiencing massive lag everyday?
    No Signature...

Massive? No.
    More than normal? Yes.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Last week, pre restart, could not complete Thrill with a 6 man - gave up.

Last night, lag wipe in Baba, fortunately we hadnt gone far so recall/reset and completed with minor lag spikes

TM

Wayfinder yesterday in the Harbor was fine, no lag.

Orien today in the Harbor was lagging outside the dungeons. Wasn't massive, more like running through mud from time to time.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Community Member

Yes, starting last Friday during all times except very late at night it got especially worse. Not just lag, but entirely frozen when entering an explorable or a quest. Relogging would fix it but relogging would also give me server queue is full! (on vip acct)

DDO performance have been really bad after the last 2 patches.

Community Member

I had house K completely lockdown on HC server the other day. But I have not had an noticable lag otherwise.

Community Member

We had absolute Game stopping lag in the crucible last night. I have a feeling it has to do with the mob pathing bug. its anecdotal obviously. but we had a guy do the swim, die, call his dog to get his stone prob close enough to the gnolls to get thru wall aggro. they couldn't path to him. So we all force-quit the exe and when we came back it was cleared up.

I've had freezing lag (Completely stopped and stuck enjoying the dungeon music) for up to 30 seconds, 2-3 times a quest in some cases. I try to draw mobs in piecemeal so it wasn't a movement en masse that inflicted the issue and always solo. (All my rich friends are off playing on the 300 server.)

No rubberband lag recently and only one case of the invisible wall lag (You shall not pass! Until you back up and then move forward more slowly)
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Community Member

That is a bummer... those lags has become annoying.
    The mobs still hitting me while I can't move a dent.
    Then all the damage pilling up and my toon lying dead.

My toon HODO on the HC server is getting >>>>> This character is already in this wold

Hopefully I am the only one to die like this. Realistically this toon is dead because I can not log in to be helped and it is the HC server.

Warning I was logging into Eberron and I got the message loading please wait then after some time the screen closed.

Now time to run Korthos for 8th time LOL.

That being said I like HC server.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

Lag has been getting worse lately.

Had multiple raids over on Thelanis that was lag struck and near wiped (the lucky one; Strahd of all places, during the Torch bit), or completely wiped (which was more often the case, at a variety of places).

Not thrilled with what we've been seeing.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    DDO performance have been really bad after the last 2 patches.
    This i can confirm.

Average latency has jumped up by ~20% and today I have 3+% data loss.

And that is just what network monitor shows, don't even wanna start on how this translates to "playing experience" (am i gonna play casual run, or am I gonna die? that is the question)

SSG have been testing the Server performance today on some servers and announcing via the World Broadcast to expect a Lag Spike. I only got 10% Data Loss soon after they announced that so nothing excessive. I can easily get 30% loss in some Raids.

15. 08-27-2019, 02:50 PM

Wolf and Inquisitive have 30% attack speed, and it seems it brings lag.
    Old devs decided to replace attack speed on TWF with double strike and offhand proc, because of it. And new devs made same mistake when they update wolf form have 30% attack speed.

Combat Feedback for Update 5 by Eladrin
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...15#post2989115
    This fix worked like charm.

Wolves and Inquisitives are very popular build now, and it brings more lag. Why do devs make same mistake? They never learn from past mistakes.
    Last edited by draven1; 08-27-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Community Member

Last Night, Sarlona Server - House of Pain boss fight was lagged to all hell

Group was pure caster bard, Rog/F/Art, Pal/War, 2 Cleric Hires and a Sorc hire.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Normal static group run last on Khyber, 9:15-12 pm CST, no lag except one ~3 sec delay in 3BC. We are 6 individuals various location, all different builds.

SInce the hardcore started I actually feel lag has been better than normal but the pathing of mobs has been the issue du jour.

The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Weekend lag has been present for long time, but since HC launch it became noticeably worse (occasionally game becomes unplayable).

I actually started experiencing rubber banding (something which was extremely rare) and lag spikes are disturbingly common.

Can't say how it's during week, because I lately only have time to play on weekends.