Thread: Stunning Blow ?

Community Member

Default Stunning Blow ?

Did they ever change the modifiers for stunning blow? The DC was always STR +10 + mods. Am I in some kind of fever dream where I think they may have changed it so monks use WIS + 1/2 lvl?
    V

I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    Not the same as Stunning Blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

I do think JP was thinking of Stunning Fist.

Stunning Blow has not changed, but they have since boosted what can be provided by items, new feats (especially for fighter) that can boost tactics, as well as boosts for tactics -- KtA from Harper tree that uses INT, PDK has one that uses CHA, the classic Divine Might, as well as FvS with ones that can use CHA or WIS. All of these options means non-STR toons can use any tactics. The changes to Tomb of Jade drastically lowered the need, but for anything on legs that I couldn't use Stunning Fist on I would use a Unbalancing Strike > Trip combo to CC.

Technically you can load both Stunning Fist and Stunning Blow, but your feat list is VERY tight as an unarmed Monk if you want to build for the extremely useful Whirlwind Attack (Helicopter Kick FTW!), so there really is not room. If you're using any other melee weapon, though, it is a good feat to take (not to mention you'll be freeing up feats with dropping Stunning Fist and WWA lines).
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Community Member

No, JP is well aware of how stunning fist works.

I was asking about stunning blow. I thought when they did the most recent monk pass that I had read that stunning blow was going to change so that monk lvl and WIS would be counted. Apparently I was wrong.
    V