Community Member

Default Pure Dwarf Fighter Ideas

So at the moment Im level 30 and have a ranged build and am using Pinion. The base damage is average as I dont get all the extra damage bits which AA provides, but I get some pretty crazy crit numbers in Fury (anywhere up to 15k crits).

The original goal was to go Melee but I changed to going ranged for this life. Are there good bows to consider other than Pinion? Ive started feeding weapons to Pinion, but so far have not used any Filigrees. Note that Im unlikely to be able to get a bow from a new raid (if there is a new bow there) as I really dont often have the time to run them during the times when raids generally get run.

Im planning on ETRing at some point and will probably go Melee then. Axe and Board is the plan, so the next question is which axes are worth using from 20 onwards (or 21 onwards if I decide to make a sentient axe). Legendary Forgotten Axe looks nice but I assume Im giving up a heap of THF damage there. I have the new Ravenloft D Axe but Im not sure if that really is a good weapon on anything other than Undead. So what are the best choices for a pure Fighter?

A more general query is on Insightful Strength. Ive got 18 Str and 4 Quality Str on a cloak from the Mines pack, but no Insightful anywhere. I havent seen it on any of the new Ravenloft gear (again assume if its only on Raid gear I wont be able to get it) so is Crafting something a good idea? If yes, I think Goggles, Wrist, Feet, Neck and Ring are slots Im currently not using anything significant in. Can Insightful Str go on any of those? And what else are good options for crafting on the item?

Cheers all.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Are there good bows to consider other than Pinion?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Sapphire_Sting

Same crit threat range as Pinion but it's the only longbow with Ranged Alacrity 25%, AFAIK.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Sapphire_Sting

Same crit threat range as Pinion but it's the only longbow with Ranged Alacrity 25%, AFAIK.
    Okay thanks. Sounds like its a reasonable upgrade but not huge.

Any thoughts on the D Axes from 21 onwards?

Cheers.