Community Member

Default Iconic heroes some questions

Longtime F2P player, going VIP for the first time.

So ... iconic heroes, basically you're STUCK with that first level class?
    You get a wood token-thingy on character creation, but when I tried it, I couldn't change my class because it wasn't a /+1/ wood token...
    Ie a deep gnome CANNOT be played as a pure rogue unless/until you get the +1 wood token. How hard are those to get?

Also, I notice that they have better character customization options (smooth skin/hair color options, instead of 32-whatever fixed choices), MUCH better models, even some nicer touches on the UI...is there any idea that non Iconics will ever see such improvements? Or were iconics a relatively recent thing?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sty0pa View Post
    Longtime F2P player, going VIP for the first time.

So ... iconic heroes, basically you're STUCK with that first level class?
    You get a wood token-thingy on character creation, but when I tried it, I couldn't change my class because it wasn't a /+1/ wood token...
    Ie a deep gnome CANNOT be played as a pure rogue unless/until you get the +1 wood token. How hard are those to get?

Also, I notice that they have better character customization options (smooth skin/hair color options, instead of 32-whatever fixed choices), MUCH better models, even some nicer touches on the UI...is there any idea that non Iconics will ever see such improvements? Or were iconics a relatively recent thing?

Thanks!
    Yes, Iconic Heroes will always have their respective base class as the first level. To remove it, you would need a +X (1 or more) Lesser Heart of Wood.

These hearts can be obtained in a few ways. The easiest by far is the DDO Store, however even a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood is 1195 DDP. They are also an extremely rare drop in chests, coming as unbound so you might be able to find one in the AH or ASX. The third way is also just luck, either winning them in the Silver/Gold Dice rolls or in a giveaway/event.

Iconics aren't recent per se, but much more recent than the other races (Dragonborn, Gnome, and Aasimar notwithstanding) at Update 18. I haven't seen word about the other races getting a makeover, but anything is possible. It's also possible I missed something announced about that since I've only recently returned from a 2 year break
    Kestros, Wisdom Wolf
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship