Default Curse of Strahd Raid Bugged

Having done a few runs of the raid already, we went in tonight on Hard and found an extremely annoying bug. When Strahd laughs at the end fight, and parts of the room fill with mist, when he reappears again, he has his hitpoints regenerated to max. This kept happening for about 45 minutes while a portion of us submitted tickets, only to have them closed and told that the bug was noted but that no help could be provided....Needless to say, there were a lot of frustrated people this evening trying to run the raid. Not sure if today's hotfix caused this bug, but a satisfactory answer would be appreciated and deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Having done a few runs of the raid already, we went in tonight on Hard and found an extremely annoying bug. When Strahd laughs at the end fight, and parts of the room fill with mist, when he reappears again, he has his hitpoints regenerated to max. This kept happening for about 45 minutes while a portion of us submitted tickets, only to have them closed and told that the bug was noted but that no help could be provided....Needless to say, there were a lot of frustrated people this evening trying to run the raid. Not sure if today's hotfix caused this bug, but a satisfactory answer would be appreciated and deserved.
    may i cross reference: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-GM-respones
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    I'm actually not so sure that is a bug. I know it's frustrating, but bear with me here. He simply does not have the hp for it to be a bug. On EN, Aurgloroasa has a 436k hp pool (ish). On LN, 2 levels above the TH raids, and legendary vs epic, he has noticeably less hp. I think this indicates the regening is a mechanic of the raid. A couple of hypothesis' have been thrown about, but I can confirm that we finished a raid in which he was regening. We tried a myriad of things, and the last time we did it several things were going on: We kept strahd right by his coffin that time, between him laughing and respawning we dropped all 3 brides, and (and i think this one might be the key) no one died in the red mists. It makes sense for a vampire to feed off his foes. Only further trials will tell I suppose. But it might just be a difficult raid mechanic (and rightfully so, Strahd as a lvl 32 raid boss should have more hp if it was a simpler beat down).

EDIT: it may have been 'fixed' rather than 'broken' in the hot fix?
    Last edited by Emerslochingvyrr; 12-12-2017 at 10:45 PM.

We also ran the raid tonight, under the LH difficulty and encountered the same bug as shown in the video. This is the first time we've encountered this, and it's only happened since the last hotfix. We didn't bother with a ticket, and I didn't see this thread until now. Is this a new WAI mechanic that we need to decipher or is the raid now unable to be completed?

Frets warchanter ¤ Haemorrhage reaper killer ¤ Humbucking mechanic ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Thwart tree ¤ Incise fury-shuri ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Community Member

The raid is complete-able even with the regen. We succeeded after probably 5 or 6 rounds of mist, trying a different 'thing' each time (drop a bride when he laughs, drop several). The last time he misted, we dropped all three brides before he came back and regened, and then he did not laugh and mist again after that. However, another person I 'compared notes' with after the raid indicated another group had done it and no one died in the mist the time that he did not regen. Unfortunaltely, I didn't pay enough attention to the deaths, it was still a rather adrenaline fueled run for most of us xD.

TLDR raid is completeable, whether through uber dps or through some way to avoid his regen.

We treat it as a DPS check, and just burn him hard. I think there may be a mechanic were missing in regards to stopping the mist though. It does seem sometimes he stops misting now.
    The Coolest Person On Orien, I’m a Melee DPS User, Find me On Thorrygg, Thorrwyn, Gorrwyk, Harlophas and Lowharm! I love running all the Content of this Game and Look Forward to being friends with you all, I do not tolerate people badmouthing others or hindering the experience of any new Players in this Game, I will help where I can and When I can. ????

Quote Originally Posted by Emerslochingvyrr View Post
    The raid is complete-able even with the regen. We succeeded after probably 5 or 6 rounds of mist, trying a different 'thing' each time (drop a bride when he laughs, drop several). The last time he misted, we dropped all three brides before he came back and regened, and then he did not laugh and mist again after that. However, another person I 'compared notes' with after the raid indicated another group had done it and no one died in the mist the time that he did not regen. Unfortunaltely, I didn't pay enough attention to the deaths, it was still a rather adrenaline fueled run for most of us xD.

TLDR raid is completeable, whether through uber dps or through some way to avoid his regen.
    Thank you for the input. That being said, I was running with a very capable group in terms of DPS and we kept getting him to about 25% before he misted and healed to full. I'm thinking there has to be a way to stop his healing but not sure what it could be We also tried taking all the brides down when he misted but that didn't do the trick. Also taking them all down before he mists didn't help either. A dev response on if this is WAI would be really appreciated.

Community Member

I was also apart of the raid that Lawfulgood posted the clip of, I do think there is something buggy going on here because when we first went in the fight went very smoothly. We brought him down untill he vanished into mist and did not kill any brides and then we continued to beat on him untill he was down to about 5% then prepped the brides and then killed all of them together, however due to someone havin issues interacting with the coffin dialogue box the boss respawned and after that respawn he would constantly mist/regen at about 75% health regardless of what we were doing. Not dieing in mist. Killing brides during mist, not killing brides. He always healed up to full.

-something- is up here.

Default I messaged FlimsyFirewood

I messaged a dev and got a response that "This is not working as intended and we're working on a fix." This is what I expeceted so glad to know they are aware and are working on it.

Community Manager

We're looking into this.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com