Community Member

Default R1 Curse of Strahd - Khyber Pug

World's First!
    R1 Curse of Strahd! Done by the khyber pug! in a slim 8 hours after starting to form the pug! WOOT!
    Of the group, only 3 of us had ever completed the raid before. These three were:
    Sodapoppy: The UberTank, who laughed at Strahd's damage (although he didn't laugh so much at the damage from all the Burning Blood) formed the group and led the raid until endfight.
    Notforyou: A selfless thrower who politely kills stuff for people. She is also known for never, ever, EVER being bratty in any way and for turning poor Soda into a tree every chance she gets.
    Texana: Another DPS who doesn't like tr'n! led the endfight, mostly because soda was too busy laughing and totally not having to focus on tanking, to like, see what else was going on. Thank you for handling that for us!
    Most of the group had not yet completed the raid when they joined; we even had one person who had never stepped into the raid prior to tonight!
    Hordo: The foolishly brave! It takes real fortitude to go into the newest raid on reaper without ever having seen it before. He did a great job at sneaking around too... very sneaky sneaky.
    The rest of the group had been in there before but had yet to kill Strahd... partly because they joined this pug shortly after flagging.
    Mrxtreme: Packing enough past lives for everyone, provided graphical support for marking the torches, and is also known for his amazing dashes to grab soul stones and DD back when things got crazy.
    Hlfpnt : An Appropriately Sized (tm) murder machine, this 6 past-life bad*** goes into a legendary reaper raid with only 24 PRR and somehow rarely dies while still doing massive deeps. Seriously, Soda doesn't understand how someone can be so naked!
    Tiagarit : Our Outstanding Healer, who made it clear that he could handle the primary heals solo, pulled through with the claim! Not that Soda thought he needed any heals of course.
    Bazzadrunk : The stalwart spirit of this tanky DPS did wonders to keep the party going and the moral high!
    Gramh : The Bard of Legends, Gramh brought the CC, utility, buffs, and heals that are so sorely missed in so many parties these days.
    Fiolnir : [Redacted for fear of my life should this deadly assassin learn I leaked anything about him]
    Deenstan : Tanking, traps, and teleports, this warlock brought more utility than you can shake a stick at while still doing damage!
    Sartorin : Cloaked in darkness, this litch walked unafraid into a vampire's lair to clearly show what race truly rules the undead.

So... We only sorta completed. We are counting this as a win, and we proved that we had the party to do the raid. The first time we beat down Strahd there was some trouble coordinating the brides, so he got back up(very understandable since it was the first time for so many); Then, at about two thirds health, he abruptly decided to surrender to us and have a group hug!

I challenge any other party to get a group hug from Strahd on reaper.

I am SO PROUD of my party, and how EVERYONE stuck it out from joining the party until it became clear that we couldn't do anything about the bugged Strahd. Great job everyone, seriously. Hope we can do more tough stuff togeather

Words do not describe my level of frustration with how it ended... Would love a dev response...

####Update###
    At 10:28 AM, during the scheduled downtime, my ticket for this had been closed because I wasn't online and couldn't be reached. Not that they likely could have done anything since we had been kicked from the instance due to the restart anyway, but being told that my ticket was closed because I wasn't online when the game wasn't (supposed) to be online sure doesn't help with my frustration with this at all. #Salty
    ###########

Names from the party list in BOLD were stubborn enough to hang around waiting in vein for a possible into-work-early GM until the bitter end of the servers going down.
    Brief summery of why we would have completed if it had not bugged:
    We had beat him down once before.
    Strahd's damage to Soda was low enough that Soda could face tank him with minimal heals, or kite the entire endfight while self healing and waiting on death timers.
    Even if he did die (say, an unlucky mist and a curse) we had at least one jibbers unused (on Soda) and we had two people in EA
    We were able to do it just fine not too long later... and much faster now that people knew what to do
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ug-World-s-2nd
    Last edited by Ladislaio; 12-11-2017 at 02:14 AM.
    Poppytop of Khyber; I have no alts. Sodapoppy, Poppydieslot, and Poppytart may never be seen in the same party as me but, I assure you, that is because of reasons other than their being alts.
    Come party with the Poppy! Join the BrattyTop flight!

wow he bugged again that's twice in 2 days and not good.

Gratz on getting that far though
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

3. 12-09-2017, 10:22 AM

Community Member

We had him bug out on lam too. He'd teleport into the "card room" and come back with full health. The mist part of the fight wasn't fully coded. But I suspect it was related to that due to the similarities with his behavior during the card phase and mist.

This is exactly why I don't play this anymore.
    Sorry to see this happened to you guys.
    Maybe next time you'll get the completion.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I was so sorry to hear when this happened. I was following along from the occasional report from time to time while you did this. You've been such a good sport about this Poppy - and all the team who stuck it out to this truly bitter end (drat it!). That sort of teaming is truly beautiful.

Love the group hug. You may not have got a completion (GRRRRRR!!!!!) - but that may well be a fairly unique group screenshot (lol... Stradh group hug) that no one else will get

Gah... after you got past the card bit too.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Community Member

Default Oops, we did it agaiin

Quote Originally Posted by Ladislaio View Post
    Channel formed Khyber Pug strikes again, for the world's second Reaper Strahd!
    This time he didn't chicken out and surrender to us.
    Hands of the Dawn Healer, Hope, The Light Within(mythic 4 even), Coat of Van Richten, and two Fleetfoot Necklaces dropped.
    125 Strahd runes per person.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ug-World-s-2nd
    Did it again, this time no bugs prevented us from our yummy reaper xp! yay!
    Poppytop of Khyber; I have no alts. Sodapoppy, Poppydieslot, and Poppytart may never be seen in the same party as me but, I assure you, that is because of reasons other than their being alts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clerize View Post
    We had him bug out on lam too. He'd teleport into the "card room" and come back with full health. The mist part of the fight wasn't fully coded. But I suspect it was related to that due to the similarities with his behavior during the card phase and mist.
    I'm wondering if the bug is related to his misting; perhaps something locks up from their fix for that bug and he just goes inactive. I've had this happen a few times, and have had it not happen a few less times, so I'm not sure it is anything that is being caused by the party directly.

Default mist

ran this twice on Argo with two different parties. Both times, when he comes back from misting, he would be fully healed - every time. We DD out and put in a ticket. GM reset Strahd- same thing. Mists away and comes back fully healed. Not sure if we're missing something or not, but it seams buggy to me
    (Combat): You are hit by your knockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhungry View Post
    ran this twice on Argo with two different parties. Both times, when he comes back from misting, he would be fully healed - every time. We DD out and put in a ticket. GM reset Strahd- same thing. Mists away and comes back fully healed. Not sure if we're missing something or not, but it seams buggy to me
    Its a bug added with the hotfix.
    Tiagarit [Cleric]
    Crimson Eagles

Ayy Nice
    Arotic(DC Wizard)Texana(Thrower)Rakinas(Monk)Slappadoobs(FvS Healer)-Elite Raiders/Khyber