Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Saturday, 7:00am-11:00am Eastern (-5 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Saturday, 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix.

This hotfix is being actively worked on, so there is some chance the hotfix will be postponed.

Here are the things we are working to fix:

• Correct an issue where the examination window will sometimes get wider over time.
    • Fix an issue where the Keystone would not consistently spawn in the quest Invitation to Dinner.
    • Correct an issue with The Mist wall in Raven's Bane that could prevent players from progressing past Baleful.
    • Lowered the number of wolves that spawn in Fresh-baked Dreams.
    • Correct typos in Fresh-baked Dreams.
    • Remove an energy drain spell attack in Fresh-baked Dreams and Mad Tea Party.
    • No longer allow Dimension Door to be cast in the quest Mad Tea Party due to the spell sometimes breaking the quest.
    • No longer having the quest Sealed in Amber sometimes get a PvP flag activated.
    • Fix an issue where the wrong level weapon would be bestowed to a player as part of the weapon giver encounter in the Barovian wilderness area.
    • Resolve some issues where effects were stacking incorrectly over time (aka - "stacking effects bugs").
    • Fix an issue where a Half elf Vistani Knife Fighter would sometimes display in a T-Pose.
    • Provide instructions in their tool tips on how to use Sentience Toolkits, Destroyers, and Jewels.
    • Correct an issue in Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords where Madam Eva would not move to open the secret passage, making the quest not able to be completed.
    • Correct an issue where Grave Wrappinigs, Antipode, and the level 20 and 24 versions of Amaunator Ascetic's Handwraps were not Accepting Sentience.
    • Correct an issue where the Arcane Archer Critical Multiplier was not applying consistently.
    • Legendary Memory of Fine Regalia now appears with its correct Spell Power and Spell Critical values. This does not correct items already acquired; we hope to correct these items in an upcoming patch.
    • The end chest in Amber Temple now spawns whether you draw Strahd's attention or not. However, drawing his attention will earn you an extra regular chest.
    • Fixed effect bugs with the Crypt Raider, Beacon of Magic, and Adherent of the Mists sets.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Saturday, 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix.

This hotfix is being actively worked on, so there is some chance the hotfix will be postponed.

• No longer allow Dimension Door to be cast in the quest Mad Tea Party due to the spell sometimes breaking the quest.
    lame. Why not fix the breaking part.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    lame. Why not fix the breaking part.
    We may be able to do this in the future, but not in time for this update.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

• Correct an issue where the examination window will sometimes get wider over time.
    Aww, I liked that one.

• No longer having the quest Sealed in Amber sometimes get a PvP flag activated.
    Pleeeeeeeease, just for like an hour even... April 1st, do a switcheroo - everywhere is pvp except the pit.

Community Member

Default Why not fic the DirectX issue?

Please fix the issue I'm having. I had no problems until this update: I get this error message and can't even get into the game and can get no help.

"Could not enumerate Directinput devices.
    Please ensure DirectX 9.0c (Dec 2005)
    or higher is installed. (104)"

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by Elliejpf1; 12-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.

• Fix an issue where the Keystone would not consistently spawn in the quest Invitation to Dinner.
    • Correct an issue with The Mist wall in Raven's Bane that could prevent players from progressing past Baleful.
    • Lowered the number of wolves that spawn in Fresh-baked Dreams.
    • Correct typos in Fresh-baked Dreams.
    • Remove an energy drain spell attack in Fresh-baked Dreams and Mad Tea Party.
    • Fix an issue where the wrong level weapon would be bestowed to a player as part of the weapon giver encounter in the Barovian wilderness area.
    • Resolve some issues where effects were stacking incorrectly over time (aka - "stacking effects bugs").
    • Fix an issue where a Half elf Vistani Knife Fighter would sometimes display in a T-Pose.
    • Provide instructions in their tool tips on how to use Sentience Toolkits, Destroyers, and Jewels.
    • Correct an issue in Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords where Madam Eva would not move to open the secret passage, making the quest not able to be completed.
    • Correct an issue where Grave Wrappinigs, Antipode, and the level 20 and 24 versions of Amaunator Ascetic's Handwraps were not Accepting Sentience.
    • Correct an issue where the Arcane Archer Critical Multiplier was not applying consistently.
    • Legendary Memory of Fine Regalia now appears with its correct Spell Power and Spell Critical values. This does not correct items already acquired; we hope to correct these items in an upcoming patch.
    • The end chest in Amber Temple now spawns whether you draw Strahd's attention or not. However, drawing his attention will earn you an extra regular chest.
    • Fixed effect bugs with the Crypt Raider, Beacon of Magic, and Adherent of the Mists sets.
    Thank you..
    DIRTYONE/BARBARIAN-APACHE/FS -APACHEKID/RANGER/FIGHTER -TRUEGOD/WARLOCK - POWWOW/FIGHTER- INDIO/PALI-TUKO/BARBARIAN -REDHOOK/BARD - GUISEPPI/RANGER -SHORTYROCK/ROGUE/RANGER/BARB- DIRTYHO/MONK--DIRTYBLADE/PALI
    2006/VIP BROOKLYN N.Y.

Default Attempted Fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliejpf1 View Post
    Please fix the issue I'm having. I had no problems until this update: I get this error message and can't even get into the game and can get no help.

"Could not enumerate Directinput devices.
    Please ensure DirectX 9.0c (Dec 2005)
    or higher is installed. (104)"

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Here's how I fixed my DDO. I loaded up the screen with login, hit the button in the top right. It looks like a _. Gives you 3 options. Hit "options," go to, "repair" and mark the box. Then reload the game. It's a fullscreen issue. ( most likely )

http://prntscr.com/hl2pz9

Default Thank You

T-Pose really sucks.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

I realy hope that the fix can include a way to re-flag players for the weapon smith at the entrance to Barovia. Even if this gives some players 2 weapons, so what. I sent a ticket in about my level 10 and 12 getting level 29 weapons and was told There is no help for it.. Why they couldnt trade me the heroic version for the epic one I don't know.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelavas View Post
    Here's how I fixed my DDO. I loaded up the screen with login, hit the button in the top right. It looks like a _. Gives you 3 options. Hit "options," go to, "repair" and mark the box. Then reload the game. It's a fullscreen issue. ( most likely )

http://prntscr.com/hl2pz9

It didn't work but thank you, at least you tried to help. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone know where I could at least look for help?? I emailed support- nothing! So any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliejpf1 View Post
    It didn't work but thank you, at least you tried to help. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone know where I could at least look for help?? I emailed support- nothing! So any help is appreciated.
    Two things to try.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=34429 - redownload directx 9c

uninstall reinstall game
    Fizbin - "How does that knock spell go? Ohh yeah Fireball!"
    Getterdone - Getting it done through all the gimp pugs
    Shaggiy - Looking for scooby

Community Member

I was hoping they would fix the insane amount of freezing and lag , which appeared after the expansion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiriru View Post
    I was hoping they would fix the insane amount of freezing and lag , which appeared after the expansion patch.
    Same, makes the game almost unplayable

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Two things to try.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=34429 - redownload directx 9c

uninstall reinstall game
    It won't let me because I have Windows 10. But thank you for trying. God this is so annoying. The game ran fine until the update.

That's a large issue and one we very very much want to address but it was out of scope for a quick turn around hotfix such as this. The same goes for the crashing some players are experiencing in the Barovia wilderness area. Both are being investigated and worked on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    That's a large issue and one we very very much want to address but it was out of scope for a quick turn around hotfix such as this. The same goes for the crashing some players are experiencing in the Barovia wilderness area. Both are being investigated and worked on.
    Well, the good thing is you are working on the issues. Hope to see it addressed soon

Community Member

Have you sent in your computer diag, error logs and specific case description, eg: where you experience the lag /loc command to fetch coords.

Because it will be very difficult to track down and fix if it only affects a % of clients, who also dont specify their setups.

"Lag happened" itself is probably one of the least descriptive bug reports, and least likely to get any response or fix unless it is traceable.

Community Member

Thanks for the forewarning. UK time here, so that means Noon onwards (prime time for us UK players). Oh well, I can play LOTRO I suppose
    And that is NOT advertising another game, you are owned by the same folk. Sub runs out on DDO in 3 weeks.. toying with the idea of switching...

Default Examination Window acting funny...

Just fyi, the examination window is always situated in the center of the screen now. Is this WAI? I recall it being off to the side, or at the very least remain away from the center when I hit "Z" on another item/target. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The servers are alive,
    The lag is new neural pathways
    Takes time to establish connections
    I imagine it will lessen over time
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast