Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Ravenloft bugs (updating)

I'm really enjoying Ravenloft so far, so thanks for that. With that being said, I've encountered some bugs introduced in this expansion that I'll list here to hopefully increase the odds that they'll make it into the inevitable patch that'll show up in a few days.

If people post others, I'll add them to the op.

Bugs

- Various undead are still able to be stunned and healing from positive energy (phantom archers, phantom warriors)
    - Some of the vampires are humans instead of undead (they heal from neg but can be stunned and insta killed etc)
    - In "An Invitation to Dinner", there's a door that's "blocked by the door"
    - Corrupt guards in the wilderness can sometimes be found holding a sword but attacking with an invisible bow
    - Flameskulls are wisps in the focus orb
    - Flameskulls cast some spells at ground level instead of skull level
    - "Sealed in Amber": Seriach, the Hell-hound Whisperer summons CR 11 hellhounds on legendary difficulties
    - "Sealed in Amber": weapon swinging sounds without any visible source are clearly audible when standing near the secret door in the Absent-Minded Lich's room
    - "Wrath of the Earth" frequently experiences performance issues, tanking FPS even on respectable systems
    - "Sunrise": several scarecrows can get stuck in the invisible barrier on top of the battlements
    - When talking to Ezmeralda after completing "The Light of the Land" quest arc, placeholder text (~ CR 31 quest arc) is shown in addition to the actual name of the arc
    - "An Invitation to Dinner": Strahd portrait spawns well in front of the north frame (on the left when you enter the room). If he teleports to a different portrait and goes back to the north one, he's more appropriately positioned
    - "Sunrise": during the end fight, Esmeralda occasionally uses an invisible crossbow to attack
    - Examine window no longer expands endlessly, but by default appears slightly to the right of the center of your window, blocking visibility
    - "Curse of Strahd": when talking to Madam Eva at the start, you can receive 3 cards instead of 5 (marionette, innocent, marionette) which renders the raid impossible to complete. If it happens to you, recall + reset + restart
    - The intermittent freezing is still a thing
    - "A Raven at the Door": DM text and objectives can appear at the wrong time and in odd places. Examples include the cat DM text showing up while walking on tower stairs (and not in the cat room) and the hag text (and objective) triggering while in the study
    - The blunt ammunition effect of Epic Purifying Quiver is not functioning properly
    - "Curse of Strahd": Strahd fully heals when mist appears during the final fight
    - "Curse of Strahd" is not listed in the adventure compendium
    - "A Raven at the Door": heroic Memory of Hiding in Darkness can drop on legendary difficulties
    - Scarecrow hirelings seem to be tied in some way to druid/artificer pets. For example, going from a combat area to a non combat area with both summoned can result in both being dismissed (instead of just the hireling)
    - Contrary to the release notes, Tobar has not been reset for all players. If you're still unable to receive a heroic Barovian weapon, get in touch with CS (as per Cordo's post)
    - "An Invitation to Dinner": Helga Ruvak has broken dialogue options
    - "Raven's Bane": Baleful (scarecrow) is still healed by electricity
    - "Sealed in Amber": Baba Yana's chest remains locked after killing her
    - Neither of the NPCs that give the raids are willing to trade runes with you if you have the raid accepted
    - "Into the Mists": Vasiliy Ivanych sometimes gets stuck and fails to reach the fire pit/shrine. This seems to mostly happen when either one is not following right away or if he detects other monsters nearby.
    - "Into the Mists": Vasiliy Ivanych is incorrectly considered to be a human

Sentient weapons

- Some weapons that should be able to accept sentience currently do not. Epic Bone Crusher (it appears as though the "accepts sentience" flag was mistakenly added to the heroic version instead), epic Swailing Blade, Legendary Sinister Handaxe, epic Ivy Wraps, level 20 Spectral Dagger, epic Adamantine Knuckles, epic The Mountain's Fist, epic Frostbite blade (possibly all weapons with HN/HH/HE/EN/EH/EE versions) also do not accept sentience, but as per Steelstar's comment this is probably WAI
    - The Electrocution: Electric Spellpower filigree (regular and rare versions) grants 3 MRR and no spellpower
    - Shadow Crypt named loot cannot be fed to sentient weapons
    - filigrees are not stacking in the shared bank
    - Grandfather's Shield: Armor Class (Rare) reads +4 armor class -- wiki and ddo forums read +2. Slotting armor class did not change my armor class at all, after testing it is giving plus 4 AC but not stacking with AC bonus from Robe of Celestial Sage
    - Three piece Otto Set is only granting 120 spell points, not the 200 it states. Anecdotally I have heard of this set bonus granting other characters 220 spell points
    - Cry of Battle set is not functioning properly
    - Zephyr Dodge (Rare) fil and Zephyr 3 piece set are not always granting the appropriate bonuses to maximum dodge (based on the reports so far coming from people who are currently at their dodge cap).
    - The Electrocution set bonus: energy sheath (electric) disappears when entering a new zone and when stormrage expires
    - "The Long Shadow: Stealth" filigree (both normal and rare version) claims that it gives +4 to Hide and Move Silently while it grants only +2
    - Mist-Laden Vestments are too small for human males

Typos

- "Raven's Bane": Muriel's text reads in part "She's turned the ruins into her own litte fortress."
    - "Raven's Bane": Second to last journal contains the line "And now I'll never see my poor boy him again - no, no, never again."
    - NEW: "An Invitation to Dinner": anarchist is misspelled in the objective that appears upon drawing the anarchist card
    Last edited by Capricorpus; 12-28-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith
    Capricorpus / Capiorcorpus

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorpus View Post
    - Sentient jewels are having trouble eating items with augments slotted (possibly an unintended result of not wanting sent weps to eat other sent weps)
    That's not a bug, that's intentional. It's even mentioned in the release notes.

3. 12-06-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    That's not a bug, that's intentional. It's even mentioned in the release notes.
    You're right, I assumed it was a bug because it's an odd design choice (given the fact that there are items that drop with augments already slotted).

I've corrected the op.
    Last edited by Capricorpus; 12-07-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith
    Capricorpus / Capiorcorpus

Nice list so far. The one that is bumming me most so far is the fact that the epic weapon is being given instead of the heroic version on heroic. The first time I went through the mists I was over level. I thought perhaps it was triggered by the way you interact with the guy that has a sword in his chest.

That said, I am digging the expansion thus far. Very pleased.
    Too many toons to list, but the mains are Achewon, Westudi, and Shonufff.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Will add some more later but this one quest drove us nuts for 2 hours .... Sealed in Amber:

And also, no end chest .... it's above us and looks like it has a teleporter of some kind but something bugged out and we couldn't get to it
    - Founder -
    : DemonSaints of Orien :

Intha - Rituals - Skyquake - Diesektor - Nephlym

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorpus View Post
    Examine window appears in an odd location and expands when an effect is added to the subject being examined (not RL specific)
    It keeps ever expanding until it covers the screen from left to right. = it expands unlimited in width. Very annoying bug

The quest that has the amber coffins gives a buff that enables friendly fire, allowing you to kill your party members! (Idk if this is a bug, but it was funny.)
    Also the dog buff summons heroic level 11 dogs in legendary(same quest).
    Last edited by Yamani; 12-07-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

On my heroic level 14 character, I was forced to choose a level 29 free weapon instead of the choice of a level 10. Scrolled through the whole list twice. Only when guildies started posting their pevel 10s did I feel pretty bumbed. Hopefully next life I’ll get to try again?

Community Member

I had a rare spawn in front of the quest with the windmill. The chest spawned in an inaccessible location inside the mountain flank.

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    On my heroic level 14 character, I was forced to choose a level 29 free weapon instead of the choice of a level 10. Scrolled through the whole list twice. Only when guildies started posting their pevel 10s did I feel pretty bumbed. Hopefully next life I’ll get to try again?
    The weapons can drop as end loot (got a heroic HRC from one of the end chests, so I guess I'm rolling arti or rogue at some point) or if you get 40 tokens (the saga complete will give you 40, and each chest seems to have a 50%+ chance of dropping one or more) you can get one from the trader. I wouldn't worry too much, but since they're BTA if I remember correctly, you can always take advantage of the level 10 character creation event to give it another shot.

The bug seems to be very inconsistent; on my level 18 ranger I got a level 10 weapon.

Edit: I was incorrect; so much for memory. The weapons from the smith are bound to character. Ones that drop from chests, like the heavy repeater I pulled, are bound to account.
    Last edited by CSQ; 12-07-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Default Wrath of the Earth

So far I have been enjoying Ravenloft without any major bugs (and enjoyed it very much thank you, good job!)

However, I just finished Wrath of the Earth quest and it was about twenty-so painful minutes of "Black Loch lag". The whole quest, all the time.
    Anybody else had this or have I just done something to call the wrath upon me..?

et

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    The weapons can drop as end loot (got a heroic HRC from one of the end chests, so I guess I'm rolling arti or rogue at some point) or if you get 40 tokens (the saga complete will give you 40, and each chest seems to have a 50%+ chance of dropping one or more) you can get one from the trader. I wouldn't worry too much, but since they're BTA if I remember correctly, you can always take advantage of the level 10 character creation event to give it another shot.

The bug seems to be very inconsistent; on my level 18 ranger I got a level 10 weapon.
    I’ll try making a level 10 and seeing if it’ll work. The level 29 items are all btc.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    Will add some more later but this one quest drove us nuts for 2 hours .... Sealed in Amber:

And also, no end chest .... it's above us and looks like it has a teleporter of some kind but something bugged out and we couldn't get to it
    This is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    This is a bug. We're looking into why this is happening.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default Invitation to Dinner

Was running the Invitation to Dinner quest last night and I was having problems finding the lounge on level 4. I never did find it but I ran into a door in the north tower staircase if memory serves that when clicked on it I got 'Door is blocked by Door' message.

Not sure if this is the door I needed to get into to get to the lounge or not. If not, anyone have tips on where the lounge is at?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Just like to say that this thread is quite useful and thank you for compiling it. =]

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is not a bug.
    Lol, so cryptic .....
    - Founder -
    : DemonSaints of Orien :

Intha - Rituals - Skyquake - Diesektor - Nephlym

it's already semi noted but half of the undead are healing from my positive energy or Aura on my radiant savant. Mostly the first series of quests so far. I haven't completed them all.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Typo error I found.

One of the NPC's in the first tavern in Barovia has a typo. It's one of the first two or three quest givers I don't remember exactly which one. He thanks us for helping "against" something. "Against" is mis-spelled as "Again".
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

not sure if it's a bug but.. well, here it goes! summoning wall of text

the wilderness is a mess, good thing it has no awesome lag like wheloon but my pc keeps crashing, lemme explain:

- 1st toon, do prequest, step in wilderness, no problem, wander here and there, grab my lvl 29 weapon, 1 sentient gem, check the tavern, guide, etc, everything looks promising

- 2nd toon, do prequest, crash when zoning in wilderness, oh well, **** happens, log in again, get my ml29 weapon and another gem (you know, hoarding purposes lol)

- 3rd toon, do prequest, crash when zoning in wilderness, oh well, that's not being that funny (i don't crash when zoning in sands, nor stormhorns, nor thunderholme) log in again, get my ml29 weapon and another gem (you know, hoarding purposes, now i got 1 each sitting in bank roflmao)

- 4th toon, do prequest, crash when zoning in wilderness, at this exact point that stopped being funny, grab my lvl 29 weapon, go to tavern since that toon is gonna run some quests, when leaving to the wilderness... crashed again, log in, do the quest closest to the 1st tavern (something of death, the one with skellies and wraiths and a basement), when recalling to the wildernes... did u guess it? right, crashed again, log in again, at that point im wondering if there's any quality product test, go to the guide, tell him to bring me to the baker pies quest, you know with hags and such, finish it, recall to wilderness, didn't crash yay! talk to npc, go to richten tower (i was just curious you know?) and when heading to wilderness... crashed again and quit

i'm at the point where i'm wondering if i should ask for a refund due to giving me an unfinished product, because like i said before i don't crash in sands, orchard, thunderholme, nothing, i have a 32 bit win7 and play in lowest resolution cause i don't care about graphics, for real, what i do care is playing a game, buying an expansion for that game and "oh well, you suddenly now can't play that part of the game you paid for even tho we didn't give any advertising nor warning about changing the game requisites"

hope you find a fix for that, cause well i play (when i'm bored lol) WoW, which has a real open world map, and loads really huge sizes of stuff in my crappy old fart pc, and never crashed, even when i was multiboxing my 5 troll shamans on 5v5 so... there's something not right in the code, stop blaming the players' side pls
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    not sure if it's a bug but.. well, here it goes! summoning wall of text

the wilderness is a mess, good thing it has no awesome lag like wheloon but my pc keeps crashing, lemme explain:

- 1st toon, do prequest, step in wilderness, no problem, wander here and there, grab my lvl 29 weapon, 1 sentient gem, check the tavern, guide, etc, everything looks promising

- 2nd toon, do prequest, crash when zoning in wilderness, oh well, **** happens, log in again, get my ml29 weapon and another gem (you know, hoarding purposes lol)

- 3rd toon, do prequest, crash when zoning in wilderness, oh well, that's not being that funny (i don't crash when zoning in sands, nor stormhorns, nor thunderholme) log in again, get my ml29 weapon and another gem (you know, hoarding purposes, now i got 1 each sitting in bank roflmao)

- 4th toon, do prequest, crash when zoning in wilderness, at this exact point that stopped being funny, grab my lvl 29 weapon, go to tavern since that toon is gonna run some quests, when leaving to the wilderness... crashed again, log in, do the quest closest to the 1st tavern (something of death, the one with skellies and wraiths and a basement), when recalling to the wildernes... did u guess it? right, crashed again, log in again, at that point im wondering if there's any quality product test, go to the guide, tell him to bring me to the baker pies quest, you know with hags and such, finish it, recall to wilderness, didn't crash yay! talk to npc, go to richten tower (i was just curious you know?) and when heading to wilderness... crashed again and quit

i'm at the point where i'm wondering if i should ask for a refund due to giving me an unfinished product, because like i said before i don't crash in sands, orchard, thunderholme, nothing, i have a 32 bit win7 and play in lowest resolution cause i don't care about graphics, for real, what i do care is playing a game, buying an expansion for that game and "oh well, you suddenly now can't play that part of the game you paid for even tho we didn't give any advertising nor warning about changing the game requisites"

hope you find a fix for that, cause well i play (when i'm bored lol) WoW, which has a real open world map, and loads really huge sizes of stuff in my crappy old fart pc, and never crashed, even when i was multiboxing my 5 troll shamans on 5v5 so... there's something not right in the code, stop blaming the players' side pls
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Also have youbtried changing your graphics in game? There’s a big one that really lessens the burden on the machine.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast