Community Member

Default How do you cancel your VIP subscription?

I bought the Ultimate Fan Mists of Ravenloft bundle. I redeemed all my my products online, but I got an email saying my 60 day VIP subscription will be automatically renewed. I really hate auto-renew in the first place, but to make matters worse, I have spent hours going to websites and following instructions on how to cancel my subscription and still can't find out how to do it. This makes me so angry that I may never ever spend a penny here again. The email I received to cancel my subscription did not help in the slightest and provided no phone number to call. I really can't state enough that this almost ruins everything for me. This is as shady and low as it gets. Sending an email to cancel and with no clear and easy way to cancel is beyond immoral as far as I am concerned. I should not have to spend hours researching how to cancel. This is nothing but terrible. I am very disheartened and disappointed.

Community Member

Go into the in-game store and at the top of the window there is a subscription button. Click on that and you can cancel your sub.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Go into the in-game store and at the top of the window there is a subscription button. Click on that and you can cancel your sub.
    No, I can't. The only option is "DDO Subscription". There's no choice to cancel it.
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by shawnvw View Post
    No, I can't. The only option is "DDO Subscription". There's no choice to cancel it.
    So, in the store, click the down arrow next to your account name.

There click "Manage Subscriptions"

It shows your current VIP Subscription, click "Details"

Under the "Subscription Details" box there is a "Hold or Cancel" link - do that, Also, I would follow the "Delete Payment Account" option under the "Renewal Details Box".

All there on my account.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post

Under the "Subscription Details" box there is a "Hold or Cancel" link - do that, Also, I would follow the "Delete Payment Account" option under the "Renewal Details Box".

All there on my account.
    Got it, thanks.

Can we sticky this thread?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawnvw View Post
    Can we sticky this thread?
    I've perpetuated this information on the wiki:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/VIP#Canceling_subscription

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I've perpetuated this information on the wiki:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/VIP#Canceling_subscription
    Thanks, I did update it slightly with the following note that seems to not be understood:

Note: You will still be a VIP until the time that you have already paid for expires - they do not give refunds

Is there a possibility to cancel a subscription without being ingame?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post

Cheers,
    Titus.
    I need this too, I can't get into DDO anymore. I want to cancel it because it won't let me play anymore.

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    You can try here...

https://myaccount.turbine.com/

Sign in with your in-game details and look for Manage Subscriptions or something similar.

TM

Default Thank you!

All there on my account.
    This worked. Thank you!
    "Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -JC
    Check out DDO's #1 Weekly Podcast
    Circle of Night on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheebus View Post
    This worked. Thank you!
    Rheebus the Rogue cancelling his VIP subscription? That seems sad somehow.

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

I had canceled my subscription last month and haven't been playing DDO; today I see my vip subscription on my CC and it must not have taken. There is no refund option, I am frustrated. So now I have renewed VIP for one more month for a game I was already angered at and am not playing but still paying for. I was one of the $60+ a month players too. Bad enough the recent changes to the game and the direction its heading in but now its like you stole a months VIP after I had cancelled. Good luck getting me back as a customer. If my account is truly not cancelled and I end up with another charge I will be contacting my credit card provider and letting them know this was an unauthorized transaction and to never pay SSG again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragons1ayer74 View Post
    I had canceled my subscription last month and haven't been playing DDO; today I see my vip subscription on my CC and it must not have taken. There is no refund option, I am frustrated. So now I have renewed VIP for one more month for a game I was already angered at and am not playing but still paying for. I was one of the $60+ a month players too. Bad enough the recent changes to the game and the direction its heading in but now its like you stole a months VIP after I had cancelled. Good luck getting me back as a customer. If my account is truly not cancelled and I end up with another charge I will be contacting my credit card provider and letting them know this was an unauthorized transaction and to never pay SSG again.
    Don't wait until next month. Tell your credit card company that this last charge was unauthorized, and they'll likely reverse it for you.

Also, you can delete your payment account, so they can't run the card anymore. https://ddowiki.com/page/VIP#Canceling_subscription

(What are you paying $60 per month for? How is it more than $14.99 per month?)

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

Thanks for the "Delete Payment Account"; that's done now and verified my subscription says cancelled.

Sure $60 easily....

$99 Annual subscription
    3 X $200 23,000 DDO Points (on double bonus point days) = $600
    Non sale additional points through the year = $120
    =$879 per year or $68.25 a month

Also for my main account biggest expansion purchased every time offered; so on expansion years even more when you break it out by month.
    Last edited by dragons1ayer74; 03-12-2021 at 01:06 PM.

All there on my account.
    This worked. Thank you so much!

Community Member

All there on my account.
    Thank you for the help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the memories players <3

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Renwa1 View Post
    I bought the Ultimate Fan Mists of Ravenloft bundle. I redeemed all my my products online, but I got an email saying my 60 day VIP will be automatically renewed. I really hate auto-renew in the first place, but to make matters worse, I have spent hours going to websites and following instructions on how to cancel my subscription and still can't find out how to do it. This makes me so angry that I may never ever spend a penny here again. The email I received to cancel my subscription did not help in the slightest and provided no phone number to call. I really can't state enough that this almost ruins everything for me. This is as shady and low as it gets. Sending an email to cancel and with no clear and easy way to cancel is beyond immoral as far as I am concerned. I should not have to spend hours researching how to cancel. This is nothing but terrible. I am very disheartened and disappointed.
    Open the DDO store in the game and click the arrow next to your account name. Under your VIP account, (or you can also use a Subscriptions management tool to manage your all subscription in a batter way," then "Details." Click the "Hold or Cancel" tab beneath the account information. Please note that unused time will not be refunded, and your account will remain VIP until the term for which you purchased expires.
    Last edited by EyesFitt; 02-09-2022 at 11:59 PM.

Community Member

How do you cancel if you can't get the game to launch? The launcher opens, checks .dat file then closes immediately. There's no way to cancel on the website as there used to be. We're about to dispute the charges with the bank since we can't get into the game to cancel it the "right" way. Why can't VIP get canceled out of game?

Quote Originally Posted by eschmeck View Post
    How do you cancel if you can't get the game to launch?
    https://myaccount.standingstonegames.com/index.php

Login with the same name and password as the game. Make sure your browser isn't blocking captchas, as you will need to solve it to log in.

There will be a small link labeled "Cancel Subscription" in the middle of the lower half of the screen.