Community Member

Default Newbie Question about Crafting

Hi there so I've recently begun crafting a few items and I had a question about one. Everbright says (on this website) that adding Everbright will increase the weapon's ML by 4.

Does this mean that if I take a weapon, strip it down, add a ML 24 shard to it, then add Everbright, the weapon will become ML 28? Or does this only affect the base item like an augment slot does?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vaniir1976 View Post
    Hi there so I've recently begun crafting a few items and I had a question about one. Everbright says (on this website) that adding Everbright will increase the weapon's ML by 4.

Does this mean that if I take a weapon, strip it down, add a ML 24 shard to it, then add Everbright, the weapon will become ML 28? Or does this only affect the base item like an augment slot does?
    the short answer is no, adding the everbright shard will not affect the ML, the only thing affecting ML in the current system is the ML shard you use and augment ML requirements

not sure what site that is as I got a 404 message when trying to go to it, try using http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/?i=1 instead

The old Cannith crafting used a system where the effects you used added levels to the item you craft, so that's probably what you're looking at, an old site.

The site Hamagawi links above is the correct one to reference for the current crafting system. Note that under the new system Everbright has an absurdly high craft level, so be prepared for a little sticker shock if you just started crafting.

Community Member

http://ddocrafting.info/home/

or

ddocrafting.info/home/

Does that link work? My shortcut works fine. Thanks for the other site. I'll be sure to use it as well.

I do like the ddocrafting.info site because it also does GS and LGS.

Thanks for answering my question though!

Quote Originally Posted by vaniir1976 View Post
    http://ddocrafting.info/home/

or

ddocrafting.info/home/

Does that link work? My shortcut works fine. Thanks for the other site. I'll be sure to use it as well.

I do like the ddocrafting.info site because it also does GS and LGS.

Thanks for answering my question though!
    I just looked, and for the most part, that Cannith crafting planner looks correct (and it's actually pretty darn slick).
    The other planner says that Everbright should set an item to ML4 (only if the shard you're adding is less than that,
    presumably), but that it's not working in-game. So maybe the MyDDO planner reflects what's actually happening
    in-game? That maybe it's adding 4 levels to the level shard instead of making it ML4? That would be useful to know.
    In the interest of full disclosure, my crafter is only up to being able to make stuff in the 230s, so I can't test this
    myself as of yet. (C'mon crafting XP weekend!)

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    (C'mon crafting XP weekend!)
    Just had one last week - don't hold your breath. :/

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Just had one last week - don't hold your breath. :/
    Ugh! How did I miss that? :-(