2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Default Critical Bug: MAJOR ISSUES WITH SENTIENT WEAPON SETS!

After transferring my main character to Lamannia to check out the new sentient weapons and what not, I took the time to max out the sentient weapon personality, and here's what I found:

#1 - Set bonuses do not show up on your character bar (although the effects are showing up).

#2 - Sets do not stack: On "Divinity - the Morninglord's Goal" (Bastard Sword - which, for some reason is being wielded like a greatsword, making the wielding of shields or a second weapon, extremely awkward [and worse, greatly reducing TWF dps!]) - I have the "Embraced by Light" set, which shows up on the weapon, and I've got the Wreath of Flame set (which does not show up on the weapon at all). When I strike a foe with said weapon (I've got 4 of the filligrees for Embraced by light set, and the qualifying 3 for the Wreath of Flame set to get 4d6 [not the advertised 8d8, as stated in the developer break down post] weapon damage), I do not inflict any fire damage at all.

Now, I do see nail-biting maggots on occasion, so is this flame-damage an occasional proc?

#3 - the Filigrees do not stack with items, at all. As in, they do not seem to stack with your higher-level equipment - this is something one of the other testers pointed out.

That being said, with these bugs in place, your sentient weapons program is a huge flop, and one that will die off very quickly if these bugs are allowed into the live game.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    After transferring my main character to Lamannia to check out the new sentient weapons and what not, I took the time to max out the sentient weapon personality, and here's what I found:

#1 - Set bonuses do not show up on your character bar (although the effects are showing up).

#2 - Sets do not stack: On "Divinity - the Morninglord's Goal" (Bastard Sword - which, for some reason is being wielded like a greatsword, making the wielding of shields or a second weapon, extremely awkward [and worse, greatly reducing TWF dps!]) - I have the "Embraced by Light" set, which shows up on the weapon, and I've got the Wreath of Flame set (which does not show up on the weapon at all). When I strike a foe with said weapon (I've got 4 of the filligrees for Embraced by light set, and the qualifying 3 for the Wreath of Flame set to get 4d6 [not the advertised 8d8, as stated in the developer break down post] weapon damage), I do not inflict any fire damage at all.

Now, I do see nail-biting maggots on occasion, so is this flame-damage an occasional proc?

#3 - the Filigrees do not stack with items, at all. As in, they do not seem to stack with your higher-level equipment - this is something one of the other testers pointed out.

That being said, with these bugs in place, your sentient weapons program is a huge flop, and one that will die off very quickly if these bugs are allowed into the live game.
    I'm the other tester and you didn't understand #3. They fully stack with everything else, but not with any other sentient bonus. If you have a +3 melee power filigree and a +5 melee power set bonus, they don't stack. You only get the +5 bonus, making a lot of filigrees useless if you've built up the set at all. You would expect the sets to be coded to be different than the filagrees, but they all use the same coding, making most rare bonuses redundant and the results somewhat lackluster.

I mean, image grinding like crazy and getting really luck to get a rare Prowess +5 MP filigree only to find that it does nothing because your set already gives that ability.

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    I'm the other tester and you didn't understand #3. They fully stack with everything else, but not with any other sentient bonus. If you have a +3 melee power filigree and a +5 melee power set bonus, they don't stack. You only get the +5 bonus, making a lot of filigrees useless if you've built up the set at all. You would expect the sets to be coded to be different than the filagrees, but they all use the same coding, making most rare bonuses redundant and the results somewhat lackluster.

I mean, image grinding like crazy and getting really luck to get a rare Prowess +5 MP filigree only to find that it does nothing because your set already gives that ability.
    Thanks for the correction.

There is another matter that was discovered as well, but I don't know if I can mention this in public chat. >.>
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 11-18-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

I'd be impressed if they actually fixed things before working on another update. Like the raid trinket still not working, Purity filigree set not applying disease immunity (tested that on multiple chars, and filed a bug report), etc.
    Just surprized with a "major game expansion", that this stuff still persists. Not even the fact that some of the set slots are so specific, most builds can't use them, because they conflict with everything.

Necro.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel