Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Post 16/4?

Quote Originally Posted by tc12 View Post
    For 18/1/1 or 18/2 Rangers I think Arti is stronger than Rogue if you go INT-based with Harper tree. You get evasion as Ranger anyway. But you can get a ton of one-stat synergy going INT-based:
    - Arti vs Ro for trapping also gives more spell points
    - INT based is more skill pts and it's what trap skills are based on, so two-fold advantage with INT for trappers
    - 13 pts in Harper and you get not just INT stat for hit/dam but KtA as well for extra damage - and it's for any/all weapons used. (Tempest DEX bonus is light weapons and scims only, doesn't cover your bow for manyshot burst)
    - Ranger gets the 2wf and ranged feats free without meeting DEX mins others would need, so you can dump it if INT based
    - Insightful Reflexes moves your Evasion roll to INT too. Sure it costs a feat, but rangers get most of their feats for free so you can easily work it in.

I've done this 18/2 but I know a lot of folks like Barbarian just for the extra run speed so 18/1/1 would be fine too. Gnome is a good choice, starts 20 INT with no CON hit. Overall I think it's a better way to go for a trap splash than Rogue.

TC
    And if u think about 16/4 R/Arch ... so u can get +UMD (scroll, pot, wand) , more SP and also a bonus feat?

Quote Originally Posted by prynts View Post
    And if u think about 16/4 R/Arch ... so u can get +UMD (scroll, pot, wand) , more SP and also a bonus feat?
    16/4 R/Arti?

Yes, but you lose the Core 18 Rogue Mech enhancement, "+1 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier w/ crossbows" (+2 w/ GXB's) - which is pretty darn nice.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Mechanic_enh...Core_abilities

Now, with an 18/2, you don't get that 'til Lvl 20, so if you're only going to 20 and then immediately Reincarnating from there - meh, not as key. But most builds offered on these Forums (have to) present themselves ready for pushing thru into Epic play, which is why you see what you see.

If this is a 1st life alt, I'd advise you to do exactly that - NOT plan to push to 30, not yet. Get your 34 point build, get a PL under your belt, get some game experience, collect some better gear, maybe a crafter alt, maybe a 2nd medium-high level alt to help w/ the TR'd one - and then go for it. Ymmv, but for me (I tried it), just a bit of a slog.
    Last edited by C-Dog; 04-06-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    16/4 R/Arti?

Yes, but you lose the Core 18 Rogue Mech enhancement, "+1 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier w/ crossbows" (+2 w/ GXB's) - which is pretty darn nice.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Mechanic_enh...Core_abilities

Now, with an 18/2, you don't get that 'til Lvl 20, so if you're only going to 20 and then immediately Reincarnating from there - meh, not as key. But most builds offered on these Forums (have to) present themselves ready for pushing thru into Epic play, which is why you see what you see.

If this is a 1st life alt, I'd advise you to do exactly that - NOT plan to push to 30, not yet. Get your 34 point build, get a PL under your belt, get some game experience, collect some better gear, maybe a crafter alt, maybe a 2nd medium-high level alt to help w/ the TR'd one - and then go for it. Ymmv, but for me (I tried it), just a bit of a slog.
    i mean r/arti not to be rogue/artificer but ranger/artificer

Then same answer re Core 18's for those. (Is that necessary to point out?)

Most of those are more powerful than what you're gaining by taking +2 Levels of Arti (but w/ the above concession re Level 20 etc.).

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancements

Community Member

Tembarian Trapmonkey

Feats
    .1. . . . : Power Attack
    .1 Human. : Least Dragonmark: Passage
    .2 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
    .3. . . . : Precision

I know this is an old but I'm kind of following it now as a fairly new player to DDO. Why take both Power Attack and Precision Stance? You don't need either to obtain later feats and they can't be used together, so it seems a feat that could be used elsewhere?
    Last edited by Gerril; 06-19-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerril View Post
    I know this is an old but I'm kind of following it now as a fairly new player to DDO. Why take both Power Attack and Precision Stance? You don't need either to obtain later feats and they can't be used together, so it seems a feat that could be used elsewhere?
    Use a big 2-hand weapon for the first few levels - a Great Axe, Grt Sword, or even Great Club is awesome w/ Power Attack for early levels. Once you get some of the 2WF Feats/Abilities/Enhancements (and a decent pair of weapons), ~then~ go 2WF.

You can swap out power attack later, but at first the damage bonus with two handed fighting is killing faster.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You can swap out power attack later, but at first the damage bonus with two handed fighting is killing faster.
    Thanks for reply.

I actually just skipped Precision at level 3 and picked the Healing Dragonmark instead -Playing Halfling instead of Human. I have one of the feat change Siberys shards so I'll probably need to switch PA to Precision once I start TWF. Still Lvl 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerril View Post
    I have one of the feat change Siberys shards so I'll probably need to switch PA to Precision once I start TWF. Still Lvl 3.
    Every character can get 1 free feat change/life.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Hall_of_the_Mark

If you think you'll need to do it twice (or might), save the "freebie" for later, as they get more expensive the higher level you are. (Also, remember to swap BEFORE you actually take that next level!)

Community Member

Default To hit and defensive

You can’t damage if you can’t hit. I’d keep precision. And you will want dodge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12