Default Doomspherelet name

So I got my new Doomspherelet, and I was worried about what to name him. After questing with EvilBeeker, I chose "Chuck"... the game wouldn't allow that, so I thought, "Well, maybe he doesn't answer to Chuck." "Call him Charles" was my second choice. If you get that reference, awesome, if not however, what did I do wrong? I logged and all that jazz, but I don't see what was in any way profane about that choice. On a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed the event again this year. I'm giggling as I type this, but until I receive a response, I will not name him... "Call him Charles" seems like the proper name now. Some help, if possible Always, Thanks... -Fen

The banned word list in the game has always been slightly ridiculous.
    There is some random encounter in the High Road wilderness area talking about cabbage, I thought it was funny so I added it to my bio and it turns out "cabbage" is banned. WHAT?!?! Is cabbage that sexual?? Cabbage pooop humour??

Do a forum search on the topic, threads on the subject pop up from time to time, always good for a laugh.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

The term "Cabbage" used in an insulting way can be used to infer; brain-dead qualities, or comparing someone like akin to vegetable state, or a coma state. Hence that's why its likely a banned word in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    The term "Cabbage" used in an insulting way can be used to infer; brain-dead qualities, or comparing someone like akin to vegetable state, or a coma state. Hence that's why its likely a banned word in-game.
    Obviously there are a lot of words out there that can be used in different ways.

My point is that this is a phrase directly copied from an in game NPC.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

"Cabbage" Noun 2: British offensive a person whose physical or mental activity is impaired or destroyed by injury or illness. Origin Late Middle English: from Old French (Picard) caboche 'head', variant of Old French caboce, of unknown origin. Oxford Dictionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post
    [...] My point is that this is a phrase directly copied from an in game NPC.
    Yes, occasionally you'll notice some NPCs use what I'd consider foul language or are certainly potty-mouthed. I'd suspect some of the words they have in their dialogue boxes likely would be censored; if copied into the in-game Chat Channel and be flagged via the 'profanity filter'. However, the NPCs use fixed static text and I'm sure in context the NPC was talking about green cultivated plant eaten as a vegetable. Albeit I do agree some of the words that get filtered in Chat (and some swear words that get let through) do seem rather strange at times. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    "Cabbage" Noun 2: British offensive a person whose physical or mental activity is impaired or destroyed by injury or illness. Origin Late Middle English: from Old French (Picard) caboche 'head', variant of Old French caboce, of unknown origin. Oxford Dictionaries....

Hm. By that accounting, the word "Cow" needs to be filtered as well.

Trust me - you won't call your British wife/gf a "Cow" more than once.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

It bothers me that I can't have a conversation with a new player in chat about spell penetration. *shakes head* Also I couldn't put honeysuckle in my bard's bio.

Incidentally, I named my ghostly beholderling Peekaboo.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

You could name it, "Sheen".